Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:58:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Space is not a perfect vacuum. My understanding is that there is approx 1 atom/quarter mile or so. At extremely high speeds it would be similar to running a submarine through the Atlantic.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW

Comment made to me by a by a "employee" of Fermilab. Time travel may soon be acheivable.

While i would like to go back and correct a few misteaks I've made in my lifetime, I wouldn't want to see the future.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I flew down to Mississippi this week, and when I got off the plane, I could have sworn I was back in 1974.  Does that count?
View Quote

We do like things simple down here.  Can you blame us?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I dunno, everytime I think about time travel, the image of McFly kickin it to his mom pops into my head.  Imagine goin back and seeing some cutie only to find out its Aunt Esther?  Ugh!  The thought shrivels me weasle!
View Quote

WTF?  I went over to Aunt Esther's and did her (pretty hot but a little dry), but it's STILL 2002.  

Plus, now I'm brusied and bleeding from Uncle Bill's quad cane!!!!!!  Thanks a LOT, Minman72!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, in theory time travel [i]forward[/i] is possible, however time travel backwards is not.  AMHsix is on the right track here, part of it is the past no longer exists you can't go somewhere that does'nt exist.  There are a couple of more reasons, but I'll not get into them as the explanations are long, and Intro to Philosophy is way the hell back there in a place that no longer exists.[;)]
View Quote

So maybe you CAN go backwards if you can borrow a bit of the present day.  Of course, that would mean that some of today would disappear somewhere, for a while at least.

That would explain a lot about those missing blocks of time earlier in my life.  Funny, it was usually Saturdays that disappeared.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#6]
  They say "time waits for no one"....
  but when it comes to me and food and I happen to be hungry...
  "I don't wait for time." In other words... time is to damn slow for me. This blows the long standing theory of relativity out of the water.

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I like it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey..I always thought it would be cool to run down into the time tunnel with those 2 guys...BUT...those 2 guys always get in a shit load of trouble..  fuck that...SO.. I'm not going without my good ol reliable black rifle..
[}:D]

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top