Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/24/2002 5:50:37 AM EDT
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020224/capt.1014511907.attacks_lets_roll_fad102.jpg[/img] The U.S. Air Force is honoring the victims of Sept. 11 with a new aircraft logo bearing Todd Beamer's phrase "Lets Roll", as seen Saturday, Feb. 23, 2001. Four F-15s at the 33rd Fighter Wing at Eglin Air Force Base, Fla. now bear the logo near the cockpit. (AP Photo/U.S. Air Force) [url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/020224/168/15h4x.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:59:44 AM EDT
Seems to me, they are honoring the REAL heroes of 9/11, NOT the "victims"....
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:21:06 AM EDT
This is the final sign: American has gone over to the dark side. I say this because Flight 93 was shot down by the Air Force. I don't believe the "official" version of what happened. I'd be more inclined to do so if the FBI/NTSB would ever release the evidence, but they won't because it all points directly to an intercept and shoot down. So what this new sticker says to me is kind of chilling: "We're the Air Force and if you get out of line we will kill you." Note how many times F-15s and F-16s have intercepted commercial airliners since Sept. 11--more than one a day, most of the stories never make the news. I would like to think that whoever made up this sticker didn't think about the cover story. Otherwise, this represents a brilliant piece of propaganda designed to further silence the voices of truth in America. Either way, it's just as lame as "Aim High."
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 10:25:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2002 10:29:58 AM EDT by The_Beer_Slayer]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 10:26:58 AM EDT
"Todd Beamer's phrase" my ass. Not to take away from the man's bravery, but it sickens me to see the commercialization of a phrase damn near everyone I know has used since the '80's, and attributing it's creation & ownership to the man. Already Beamer's family & others are engaged in litigation over ownership of "Let's Roll!!!!!!!" Look, my family needs money too. I'm going to yell "Dude, no way!" or some other mindless comment used by millions of others, then run into a flaming building to rescue a kitten. When I die a hero, my family will own the rights to commercial use of that phrase. I'm staking my claim now...
Top Top