Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2002 8:04:27 PM EDT
Ok I'd posted this on the handgun forum, but thought I'd get a quicker response here, excuse the long rambling stuff?

I went looking at a local gunshop today as I am interested in a 1911. I was only trying to get a feel for what I wanted. I always wanted a Kimber, but have read about the problems with the series II, so I know that much so far.

Anyway I ran into a new, Kimber Classic, blue with wood grips? Get this the price was marked 525 ! According to Kimbers catalog, the only full size blue with wood grips is the Royal model, and even on gun auction sites it lists for alot more? So what gives, is this a leftover older model, a fluke or did I mistake what it was beacuse Gale was wanting to go shopping and I was laughing at the homeboy asking what Glock was good for home defense and to carry in your pocket, plus stating he had a 9mm Jennings and didn't want another 9 beacuse they jamb-Bwaaa Haaaa

Anyway, I may go back and get it tommorow if I can confirm the price and deal I think it is

Thanks for the help

IAJack
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If it was me, I'd be there when the doors opened in the morning. At that price, it shouldn't last too long.  Besides the one you saw at Ottawa, I've also got the Limited Edition Ultra Shadow.  Hell, we might just start the "Kimber Corner at BRC.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#2]
IAJack,
"if" it is the "Custom Royal":
(High-polish blue finish, long guide rod, hand-checkered walnut grips)
NIB = $775.00
Exc = $625.00
V.G.= $525.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top