Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/22/2002 6:18:10 PM EDT
Little help from my brother(s) in arms...what should I buy at the gunshow? What do I have, you ask? I guess I have enough ammo...enough mags, if I see a good deal on a gun, I might get it. I'm going to get the M9/92fs... Just wondering what "else" do I need? If [b]you[/b] were going, what would you be looking for that is "universally" needed? I just hate wondering aimlessly for the first hour...and finally end up getting a case of ammo. Is there anything you saw your last show, that you wished you would have gotten? I know...I know, but it's friday and I'm bored...need to prepare for tomorrow. [b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 6:22:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 8:03:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut: I didn't think it was possible for a person to have enough ammo or mags.[;)]
View Quote
Just what I was going to say. Buy a case of 6.5 Swede. What's that? You don't have a rifle to shoot it in? Well now, at the next show you have an excuse to buy the rifle. What else are you going to do with all that ammo for it? See how that works? [:D]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 8:28:17 PM EDT
NGman, going to the St.Petbg show?
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 9:38:49 PM EDT
Personnaly I would buy a second upper for my AR15. If you only have one AR15 buying a second different upper is like buying a whole new rifle. I recently just bought a SP1 20" upper and a .22LR Ceiner conversion unit for my AR15. It was the best damn thing I have bought yet and is more fun the you can imagine!! If you do buy the .22 kit I highly recommend a different upper and that you remove the gas tube. Otherwise you will have lead fouling blowing back into the lower parts area. If you own a .22 pistol buy some Aquila (sp?) primer only .22 ammo. This ammo is so quiet that the hammer falling is loader than the bullet discharge. It is great fun and will easily kill a bird or cat out to 25 yards. Sgtar15 PS Of course there is always Kettle Korn and beef jerky[:D]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 9:50:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sgtar15: This ammo is so quiet that the hammer falling is loader than the bullet discharge. It is great fun and will easily kill a bird or cat out to 25 yards. quote] Hmmmm, pussy hunting in complete silence....doesn't sound that much fun! Then again, blasting any pussy is a job well done!
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 9:53:31 PM EDT
You should definately have a waffledog.
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 10:01:25 PM EDT
what should I buy at the gunshow?
View Quote
Everything you see until you either run out of money or have too much to carry.
you remove the gas tube.
View Quote
Wouldn't it be easier if someone made a gas tube you could cut-off (or adjust) like an FAL or a Yugo SKS?z
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 10:07:25 PM EDT
Thanks guys... Kassnar, No, it's the Ft. Walton beach show. I've been thinking about an upper..hmmmm. Gunrunner,,,waffle what? Sounds like a breakfast food in Boston. I'll get the funnel cakes instead. .22 conversion....another hmmmmmm. Anybody like the Nagant's or M44's?? $45 for a piece of military history seems fair. I was tempted last time and I see the 54r ammo is real cheap too. Thanks for all the input..I bet I end up getting more mags and ammo... Later, [b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 11:16:20 PM EDT
If you happen to see a used Ohio-class ballistic missle submarine, get that. I would.[:D]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 11:26:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NAKED-GUNMAN: 1Gunrunner,,,waffle what? Sounds like a breakfast food in Boston. I'll get the funnel cakes instead. [b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
View Quote
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=94790[/url]
Top Top