Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2002 3:57:05 AM EDT
Here's our lame-a$$ed former President Jimmy Carter giving his assessment of President Bush's 'axis of evil' statements:

[size=4]Carter Rips Bush on 'Axis' Label[/size=4]
The Associated Press
Thursday, February 21, 2002; 8:53 PM

ATLANTA –– Former President Jimmy Carter on Thursday criticized President Bush's labeling three countries an "axis of evil," saying the statement was "overly simplistic and counterproductive."

Carter said Bush's statement seriously jeopardized progress made with North Korea, Iran and Iraq in recent years.

"I think it will take years before we can repair the damage done by that statement," said Carter, speaking at an Emory University conference on the impact of terrorism.

Carter also said the growing gap between the rich and the poor continues to be the world's greatest challenge, although he noted that many terrorists falsely claim to be among the world's destitute.

"We are very concerned now about terrorism. Osama bin Laden is not poor, he's very rich – and the people who committed those horrible acts on Sept. 11 were not poor," he said.

See article at:[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A48679-2002Feb21.html[/url]

Well, which is it Jimmy-Boy? Are they too poor or too rich?

Just a sampling of the foreign policy acumen that brought us the unexpected downfall of the Shah, the emergence of Islamic fundamentalism, and 444 days of brutal and humiliating captivity for our fellow citizens!

Eric The(Yes,Jimmy,[u]Nothing[/u]ThatBadHappenedOnYourWatch!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh ya, Carter.  Had one of the most powerful and successful forien policies of any president this country ever saw, critisizing Bush.

Makes sense to me. [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:29:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Oh and that's ALL Bush did is call them names right?  He's done NOTHING of any substance to neutralize and destroy terrorism - just counterproductive and simplistic name-calling.

Does this failure and embarrassment of a President actually think we've been making "progress" with Iraq?!?! WTF!! This guy's had his head implanted is so far up his ass for so long now he's actually re-emerging out the other side again!  

The media just loves this whimpering, soggy, bleeding-heart-liberal failure of a President and will never let him fade into his much-deserved obscurity.

Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:42:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:51:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 5:32:49 AM EDT
[#5]
North Korea is chomping at the bit to envade the south...why? all communists are thieves at heart...they invade they steal...the people of N Korea are starving to death..but the Army is fed and armed..the country is coming apart at the seams aside from outside welfare..China is holding them back if they invade the South now there will be war...the Chinese are not quite ready..Thanks to Jimmy Carter they now own the Panama Canal..(and clinton and traitors in congress etc) The commie shill corp Hutchinson-Whampoa and the Red Chinese billionaire Li Ka-Shing who have just aquired Global Crossing (how convienent for Global to go under and be given to the commies)The Chinese want Taiwan but GW has them backed into a corner..If the dems get in next time we are screwed imo and given the Homeland Security issue..can you imagine the Hildabeast as president with that much power and her former cronnies running the show both foreign and domestic...
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Why shouldn't Bush listen to  Carter? I mean, he was such a winner.
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh ya, Carter.  Had one of the most powerful and successful forien policies of any president this country ever saw, critisizing Bush.

Makes sense to me. [rolleyes]

View Quote

oh yea you spelled forien wrong! it's FOREIGN... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#8]
As long as we are on the topic of Jimbo Carter: a guy named Westley-or-something is running for State Controller of California.  In his TV ad he claims to have "energy experience under Jimmy Carter"

That's suppose to be a good thing?
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Eric,
I know you're a history buff, so do you remember the Iran hostage crisis? OK, Carter's Secretary of State, Andrew Young, proclaimed after the overthrow of the Shah of Iran, that the new Ayatholla was a "Saint." I wish I could find the direct quote somewhere...anyway after Young's proclamation to the Nation and the world, 9 months later the "peaceful" Iranians took hostages for 455 days.

Not to mention the clusterphuq of handing over the Panama Canal to the Chinese...yeah, those were the days. It sure is easy to piss from the balcony, huh? Carter emboldens the liberal idealogy to this day...eventhough it is a total failure according to history and facts.

They never learn,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#10]
IAM_NAKID,

Halfcocked spelled it the way the waste of sperm handled it.

Dave(from Georgia)S [won't do it again, Eric]

And, if you're from the south, it's NEKKID! [:D]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Carter needs to focus on his day job of hammering and sawing and leave foreign policy to the a president that actually has some BALLS. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Isn't this the same dumbass who GAVE AWAY the Panama canal (that WE built?).     Thought so.
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#13]
There for a second I thought Carter was speaking of himself......

"Overly simplistic and counterproductive".

Can somebody tell me how he got elected to begin with?
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Jimmy Carter's achievments as President:

DOMESTIC -
* Stagflation - the seemingly impossible combination of negative economic growth and rapid inflation.
* 20% "misery index" (inflation + unemployment)
* 13.5% inflation
* 7.2% unemployment
* 18% mortgage interest rates
* 70% top marginal income tax rate
* 14+% poverty rate
* Formed the Dept. of Education = entrenching the Teachers Union in the Federal Gov't.
* The 1979 "oil crisis" and more gas lines.
* He told America to wear sweaters, turn down the heater to 68 and just do more with less from now on.
* He ran a whopping 23% approval rating during 1980 campaign.
* He lost in a 489 to 49 Electoral landslide for Reagan and Republican control of the Senate in 1980. (Thank God!!)

FOREIGN AFFAIRS -
* Gave us 444 days of non-stop world-wide humiliation at our impotent and ineffectual President.
* Approved a poorly planned and botched "rescue" that only added to America's humilation around the world.
* Watched detente crumble with the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
* Pulled out of the 1980 Olympics - for spite.
* Gave away the Panama Canal.
* Failed to exlain a mysterious $250,000 payment from Libya to his brother Billy.
* Allowed three countries to fall to communism under his watch: Benin, Nicaragua, and Zimbabwe.
* Oh yeah... he made Sadat and Begin shake hands.

Jimmy Carter also favored:
* Equal Rights Amendment
* National Health Insurance
* SALT II missle treaty
* Unilateral disarmament

So why does ANYONE ever give this loser the time of day??
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#15]
This makes me all the more pissed off about JFK.  I mean the guy only got lucky on the Cuban Missle problem.  But what The_Macallan just pointed out is exactly what JKF's admistration would have pulled out of its ass, just in a different decade.  But I can say this, the one and only good thing that JFK did, was the official creation of SF in our armed forces.  They turned out awsome, but I really now wonder what would he have done with them?
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 11:56:16 PM EDT
[#16]
The Panama Canal thing struck me as incredibly stupid, though I guess I forgot it was Carter's baby.

On the other hand, while I don't know what the Chinese gave, if anything, it seems like it's strategic value is easily exaggerated, if only because it could so easily be denied to them as well as they could deny it to us.

Link Posted: 2/23/2002 1:54:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Carter said Bush's statement seriously jeopardized progress made with North Korea, Iran and Iraq in recent years.

"I think it will take years before we can repair the damage done by that statement," said Carter, speaking at an Emory University conference on the impact of terrorism.
View Quote

Progress??  Repair??  And why should we bother?  I think they've shown that creating a peaceful agreement with them is impossible.  I just want to know when we're going to start wiping the floor with them.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 4:29:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Jimmuh Carter:  Our [b]second[/b] worst president.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#19]
The "axis" speech was idiotic rhetoric.  Our presidents keep getting worse and worse.  If you don't think Bush is worse than Clinton, just wait until WWIII really gets going, then decide.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The "axis" speech was idiotic rhetoric.  Our presidents keep getting worse and worse.  If you don't think Bush is worse than Clinton, just wait until WWIII really gets going, then decide.
View Quote

You know [b]trickshot[/b] you actually have a point there!  

I thought I did a fair job of summarizing how terrible Carter was as President and how our  international reputation and domestic economy suffered immensely under his Administration.

But your incredibly fact-filled, relevant and convincing arguments as to why GW Bush is so  much worse really makes me reconsider my position. Your insightful reply has certaily done a lot to convinced me. Kudos to you on your incredible sense of political perception!

Link Posted: 2/24/2002 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

WWIII = A great opportunity to (tactically) destroy our enemies. Bring it on, Baby![spank]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Trickshot, just curious, did you vote for Gore?
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top