Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2002 8:59:17 AM EDT
[url]http://www.washingtontimes.com/world/20020221-14729320.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#1]
He cannot possibly be guilty of anything.  They are all above the law.  It is only the common people that get 20 years hard labor for importing MP5s.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm....

1) Illegally imported a Pre-86 Dealer Sample.
2) Illegally receivered and/or possessed an unregistered Machine Gun.
3) Illegally possessed a Machine Gun not otherwise lawfully possessed in May 1986.
4) Owned a firearm w/o proper lisences in New York City.
5) Carried a Firearm w/o a Concealed Weapons Permit from either the State of New York or New York City.

am I forgetting anything...Well, there are probably a hundred more violations of NYC Law in there. But, I do not know all of NYC's laws.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Sec. 922

(a) It shall be unlawful -

(4) for any person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, to transport in interstate or foreign commerce any destructive device, machinegun (as defined in section 5845 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986), short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, except as specifically authorized by the Secretary consistent with public safety and necessity;
View Quote

(7) for any person to manufacture or import armor piercing ammunition, except that this paragraph shall not apply to -
View Quote

(9) for any person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, who does not reside in any State to receive any firearms unless such receipt is for lawful sporting purposes.
View Quote

(l) Except as provided in section 925(d) of this chapter, it shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to import or bring into the United States or any possession thereof any firearm or ammunition; and it shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been imported or brought into the United States or any possession thereof in violation of the provisions of this chapter.
View Quote

(o)
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), it shall be unlawful for any person to transfer or possess a machinegun.
View Quote

(w)
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), it shall be unlawful for a person to transfer or possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Sec. 5861. - Prohibited acts

It shall be unlawful for any person -

(b) to receive or possess a firearm transferred to him in violation of the provisions of this chapter; or

(c) to receive or possess a firearm made in violation of the provisions of this chapter; or

(d) to receive or possess a firearm which is not registered to him in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record; or

(e) to transfer a firearm in violation of the provisions of this chapter; or

(f) to make a firearm in violation of the provisions of this chapter; or

(i) to receive or possess a firearm which is not identified by a serial number as required by this chapter; or

(j) to transport, deliver, or receive any firearm in interstate commerce which has not been registered as required by this chapter; or

(k) to receive or possess a firearm which has been imported or brought into the United States in violation of section 5844; or
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]
What a punk they should kick his ass.  But unfortunatley nothing will happen.  I guess we could hope that since the ATF is investigating they might do a raid and burn the frigging UN building down.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Sec. 924. - Penalties

(a)
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, subsection (b), (c), or (f) of this section, or in section 929, whoever -

(B) knowingly violates subsection [red](a)(4)[/red], (f), (k), (r), (v), or [red](w)[/red] of section 922;

(C) knowingly imports or brings into the United States or any possession thereof any firearm or ammunition in violation of section 922(l); or

(D) willfully violates any other provision of this chapter,

shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
View Quote

(2) Whoever knowingly violates subsection (a)(6), (d), (g), (h), (i), (j), or [red](o)[/red] of section 922 shall be fined as provided in this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.
View Quote

(b) Whoever, with intent to commit therewith an offense punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year, or with knowledge or reasonable cause to believe that an offense punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year is to be committed therewith, ships, transports, or receives a firearm or any ammunition in interstate or foreign commerce shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
View Quote

(d)
(1) Any firearm or ammunition involved in or used in any knowing violation of subsection [red](a)(4)[/red], (a)(6), (f), (g), (h), (i), (j), or (k) of section 922, or [red]knowing importation or bringing into the United States or any possession thereof any firearm or ammunition in violation of section 922(l)[/red], or [red]knowing violation of section 924[/red], or [red]willful violation of any other provision of this chapter or any rule or regulation promulgated thereunder[/red], or [red]any violation of any other criminal law of the United States[/red], [red]or any firearm or ammunition intended to be used in any offense referred to in paragraph (3) of this subsection[/red], where such intent is demonstrated by clear and convincing evidence, shall be subject to seizure and forfeiture, and all provisions of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 relating to the seizure, forfeiture, and disposition of firearms, as defined in section 5845(a) of that Code, shall, so far as applicable, extend to seizures and forfeitures under the provisions of this chapter: Provided, That upon acquittal of the owner or possessor, or dismissal of the charges against him other than upon motion of the Government prior to trial, or lapse of or court termination of the restraining order to which he is subject, the seized or relinquished firearms or ammunition shall be returned forthwith to the owner or possessor or to a person delegated by the owner or possessor unless the return of the firearms or ammunition would place the owner or possessor or his delegate in violation of law. Any action or proceeding for the forfeiture of firearms or ammunition shall be commenced within one hundred and twenty days of such seizure.
View Quote

(3) The offenses referred to in paragraphs (1) and (2)(C) of this subsection are -  

(E) any offense described in section 922(i), 922(j), [red]922(l)[/red], 922(n), or 924(b) of this title; and

[red](F) any offense which may be prosecuted in a court of the United States which involves the exportation of firearms or ammunition.[/red]
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Sec. 5871. - Penalties

Any person who violates or fails to comply with any provisions of this chapter shall, upon conviction, be fined not more than $10,000, or be imprisoned not more than ten years, or both
View Quote

Sec. 5872. - Forfeitures

(a) Laws applicable

Any firearm involved in any violation of the provisions of this chapter shall be subject to seizure and forfeiture, and (except as provided in subsection (b)) all the provisions of internal revenue laws relating to searches, seizures, and forfeitures of unstamped articles are extended to and made to apply to the articles taxed under this chapter, and the persons to whom this chapter applies.

(b) Disposal

In the case of the forfeiture of any firearm by reason of a violation of this chapter, no notice of public sale shall be required; no such firearm shall be sold at a public sale; if such firearm is forfeited for a violation of this chapter and there is no remission or mitigation of forfeiture thereof, it shall be delivered by the Secretary to the Administrator of General Services, General Services Administration, who may order such firearm destroyed or may sell it to any State, or possession, or political subdivision thereof, or at the request of the Secretary, may authorize its retention for official use of the Treasury Department, or may transfer it without charge to any executive department or independent establishment of the Government for use by it
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Add it all up for 1 MP5 and Kofi is looking at 45 Years in Club Fed, followed by quite a while in a New York Prison.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Gentlemen,

I have no knowledge of the use or possession of these weapons of mass destruction.

I flatly deny the allegations of importing weapons into the United States of America.

I neither now own, nor have I ever owned a firearm.

I do not, nor have I ever carried a weapon in the city of New York.

However, the head of my security detail shall receive a stern talking to.

Thank you.

(Have you ever wondered why I would come to this site?)
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Imbro., I am glad to see your alter-ego back on the site.

When are the others (Bill Clinton, etc...) coming back ?
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#11]
They can't get there facts strait. mp5 is not an assult rifle it is a submachinegun, there is a big difference.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Does this mean we can kick the UN out as a terrorist organization.

They obviously don't believe in national sovereignty and above such things as those pesky local laws.

The US govt. should hammer the UN hard on this.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Diplomatic Immunity
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#14]
So, wait. . the ATF's going to incinerate these folks, too, right?
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Persona non grata, then deport him !
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Why are you upset? Don't you understand, there is one law for them (NONE!), and another for us?? ATF, nor US govt will not enforce the law with them! Govt employees who read this, take note! You are supporting the enemies of our Republic!
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#17]
One of these days you people will understand that what Mr. Annan did was in the spirit of supporting the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

He is not the enemy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#18]
A UN stoolie carrying illegally imported machineguns in the US (or just his bodyguards) IS a terrorist in my book.  We should deport the bastage and make him SWIM for home, carrying all those MP5's around his neck when he does it.  I figure he'll make it maybe 200 yards if he's a strong swimmer in great shape...if the sharks don't get him first.

I say, GO FOR IT, BATF and FBI!  Harass, arrest, and abuse the sumanabitch.   Do the Ruby Ridge/Waco thing on him!   I'll applaud, for once!

Some day, I hope CDI (Controlled Demolition, Incorporated) gets their signals crossed and accidentally blows down the UN building...but only when no Americans or any of our true allies are in the place!    

"3.....2.....1.....fire! "   ...kaBAM! CRUNCH!!   "...waitaminute...whaddya MEAN, we might have the wrong STREET?!?!  Uh, gee, what can I say?  Oops, I guess.  Let's go to lunch and figure this thing out over a pizza...."

CJ

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top