Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2002 7:49:43 AM EDT
What is the range report on the Hero Rifles? How well do they shoot? How do you like the fit and finish? Is RRA the builder of these guns? I am sure that I am not the only person who wants to hear about them or see some pics if possible.
ARH
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#1]
They are still on order. As one(out of 5) of the future recipients of these rifles, I am excited to see what I'll be getting as well.[8D]
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Have they told you when the rifles will be arriving? It's been a few months, what is the deal?
ARH
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#3]
btt.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#5]
When this idea first came up the mfgr we were working with really liked & supported it.

We came up with a nice AR configuration.  Looking forward to getting them.  Hundreds of AR15.com members donated to make this honor possible.

Sales of firearms have realy picked up since 9-11 so I've tried not to call the mdfr every week about this order.  We have other orders in with them so I fax an inquiry to them every week
asking to be updated upon the status.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Been checking my voice mail every day while away to see if an answer.

I know one of the NYPD officers called mfgr to check on & they said they would call me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I donated to this fund twice, and I too would really like to see this completed.  This aint just one customer buying these rifles... it's a LOT (and I mean a LOT) of customers.  Perhaps it would help if that was explained to them?
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Where has the money collected for this gone too anyways? Did Mfr give a estimated date of gettin these rifles finished?

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#9]
A lot of AR15.com members donated money to buy these rifles.

We placed the order several months ago & have been waiting.  Expected an answer or the rifles some time ago.

Will try again when I get back to IL.  If no firm reply will have to re-evaluate.

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I donated to this fund twice, and I too would really like to see this completed.  
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#12]
WHO is the proposed/supposed manufacturer ??

I read every post twice and I see the question asked but I don't see a reply ??
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't want to burn bridge with mfgr until it is certain they are intentionally ignoring us. Will contact one final time today.

I got back from FL today & while the mfgr promised one of the NYPD oficers he would call me, he didn't, no mesage at all fax or voice mail.  
No reply to my fax inquiries of
11-2-01
11-14-01
12-3-01
12-10-01
12-24-01
1-17-02
1-24-02
2-1-02
2-14-02
2-20-02
all faxes were transmited through memory to get a confirmation of delivery & every one was transmitted without error. I will post copies upon request.

I have contacted an alternative mfgr of better quality & they have agreed to step up to the plate for AR15.COM if needed.

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:12:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
WHO is the proposed/supposed manufacturer ??

I read every post twice and I see the question asked but I don't see a reply ??
View Quote

This is getting [b]R[/b]eally, [b]R[/b]eally [b]A[/b]nnoying, I hope that the manufacturer can come to their senses as I suspect there can possibly be a negative backlash by the members of AR15.com which I DO NOT want to see.
Everyone please refrain from attempting to contact you know who as it is being dealt with properly by Grin & Anti.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Guys, as frustrating as this is, think about how the 5 guys in NYC feel. I'd be hopping up and down and pissing blood if it was me. [:D]

Knowing Grin, he probably more pissed than anyone because he's a businessman, and hates it when other companies don't conduct themselves the same way.

I'm betting they've got a plan "B" that's even better than the original.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#17]
When this was brought up a specific mfgr was not named but we did let the Heros know the mfgr & config.  

The mfgr did have a quality or production delay on a special new stock. I thought this was the reason for the delay until the Shot Show. But I have read several posts in other forums & Boards & from other FFLs that the stocks are ready.  I saw them at the Shot Show & the mfgr did call one (by chance-since he had requested info/call when ready) of the Heros to tell him the stocks were now available.  We were on the list too but got no call? Wonder why not, we did, afterall, sell more rifles for this mfgr than anyone in their history.

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#18]
DonR is correct, and plan "B" is Rock River's arch enemy!

What I guess pisses me off the most is that [b]we[/b] ([i]AR15.COM and Castle Arms[/i]) put RRA on the map so to speak...  Aparently, they now feel to important to want to have anything to do with our small group of 20,000 members/buyers.

I certainly hope that when sales are abruptly halted ([u][i]Read:[/i] [b]BOYCOTT[/b][/u]), that ole Marky and Chucky realize what they have done to themselves, business wise!

It's really a shame too, because they're quality [b]WAS[/b] astounding...  [pissed]

[SIZE=6]SCREW ROCK RIVER ARMS[/SIZE=6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Man oh man, I didn't want to see it come to this. OK, time to flood the phones and the e-mails people.

[green]Rock River Arms
101 Noble Street • Cleveland, IL 61241
(309) 792-5780 • FAX (309) 792-5781[/green]

[email][email protected][/email]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#20]
I say just move on to "plan B" and no RRA for me !!
Ahhhh, warrior and poet[:D]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:28:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
When this was brought up a specific mfgr was not named but we did let the Heros know the mfgr & config.
View Quote

We were let in on the Config?  Where was I?  I must have been taking a nap or something.  Its not uncommon for me to have my head up my ass.  Hehehe, someone wanna let me in on the Config?  Im very very curious!!

By the way, as for RRA, I am dying for a 9mm AR.  I have been waiting for months (just ask Wave or Anti)  for their 9mm conversion to come out.  I ask every month "Is it out yet?"  Guess what, now that its finally out, they can keep it.  Ill piece together my own 9mm kit like everyone else does.  

Steven
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Waverunner has it correct!  

Now, if everyone were to contact them requesting a new catalog be immediately mailed to them, that would cost them a freakin fortune...  and a very good part of their little fortune came from the members of AR15.COM, so lets get it back.

Hmmmm, it's too bad they don't have an 800 number...

[b]Remember, revenge is a dish best served cold![/b] [pissed]

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:By the way, as for RRA, I am dying for a 9mm AR.  I have been waiting for months (just ask Wave or Anti)  for their 9mm conversion to come out.  I ask every month "Is it out yet?"  Guess what, now that its finally out, they can keep it.  Ill piece together my own 9mm kit like everyone else does.  

Steven
View Quote

There are several other choices in the industry!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

We were let in on the Config?  Where was I?  I must have been taking a nap or something.  Its not uncommon for me to have my head up my ass.  Hehehe, someone wanna let me in on the Config?  Im very very curious!!
Steven
View Quote

OK jackass...the Hero's Rifle will be made by [b][green]ARMALITE!!![/b][/green]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#26]
I agree.... boycotting RRA will do ourselves, and the industry no good.  It's a shame that RRA could not see the importance of these rifles... but we have also not heard their side of the story... and there are always two sides.

I'm saddened as well, because I have been very impressed with the RRA rifles I own and have been able to shoot.  I still wish any fledgling company trying to make it and support the black rifle industry well.... but....

this is a strike against them, and will cause me to consider other vendors a little quicker in the future.  

It always seems to come down to price, quality, and service... and no-one has been able to produce all three for an extended time, IMHO.  One side has always suffered.  If RRA keeps pumping out quality and price, they will survive... but will become known as "poor service" if they keep this up.... without defending themselves here.

I would still like to hear their side of the story.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#27]
If the people at RRA want to "Do our heros wrong" they must be suffering from rectal-cranial inversion. It not only pisses me off, it is bad business. F--- them!!!
ARH
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I agree.... boycotting RRA will do ourselves, and the industry no good.

Sorry guys, I know I'm VERY new to this whole problem, but from my point of view, I can see that AR15.com has helped the RRA company develope through our patronage.  If they cannot build 5 (paid for) rifles to honor the workers at G-zero, then they should not get our business.  Wave knows about the mental stresses that WTC put on us, I'm only glad I didn't see as many bodies as he probably did.  These rifles are deserved and should have been forthcoming when GB ordered them, ESPECIALLY in light of their intended purpose.

A temporary boycott and letter writing campaign will cure the rectal-cranial inversion stated by ARH.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Unfortunately people here can make posts in haste which then are attributed to this site or the company they work for when the opinion is personal.

Yesterday's flap over the original supplier of the Hero’s rifles is another example of different posting styles.

I wanted to let people know the reason we had not delivered or made any statements about progress.

After I was told by one of the recipients the mfgr would call me right away and did not, I sent a fax to them that they acknowledge getting but not responding to.

Here is the text of that fax sent 2-20-02:

XXX: We have sent numerous requests on behalf of ourselves & our customers concerning our purchase orders, 110601JS1, 110601JS2 & 111401JS1.
One of our customers spoke to XXXXX the other day & told us she knew nothing about our order.  It’s possible she didn’t know.  I’ve sent faxes on Dec. 3 & 10, 2001,  Jan. 17 & 24,  Feb. 1, 10 & 14, 2002.   I also called on Dec. 12 & 19, 2001 & Jan. 7, 2002.
Our customer called because he was concerned about our inability to give him any answer.  I know my partner spoke to XXXX several times about the presentation AR rifles for NY City police officers that are members of AR15.COM.   Hundreds of members of AR15.COM contributed money to this project to honor fellow members who gave so much of their time & were effected so personally.  Thousands of members watched as the forum raised money to honor fellow members.  That money was sent to us and an order was given to you.   The rifles are to be presented at a dinner when they become available.    Members of AR15.COM have asked us what happened to their money & we can only reply an order has been placed with XXX and we are waiting for a response.

We can not wait much longer.  I will be out of town from this evening until next Wed night.  Fax me a message concerning delivery of our orders or leave a message in our voicemail while I’m out of town.    Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.

X
Castle Arms

...continued
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Every week my partner receives many inquiries about backordered accessories, on-order rifles or new rifles and for months he has had to give evasive answers because we could not get any replies.  No replies and unfulfilled promises of shipments resulted in lost sales, which was bad business for everyone & certainly frustrating for the person stick in the middle, my partner.  The post he made concerning the mfgr was personal he is through trying to sell their product due to inability to get answers.
The problem here is our company & particularly my partner was the taking the heat & the image of being unable to supply.  In the mean time other dealers were telling us they were getting the same items & had ordered after us!  
The other side of the story is the mfgr has told me they never got the Hero’s order but did have the other 2 I was inquiring about.  The mfgr told me they did not get my first 7 faxes inquiring about the orders.  This despite my receiving a verified confirmation that the fax was transmitted without error. While this could be possible it’s highly unlikely.  We were operating under the view that they did make unfullfilled shipment promises to us & told a customer they would call us Feb 19 & did not.  When they didn’t call, I sent the fax above & they admit getting it but not responding.
I told my partner if we did not get a firm response by the time I returned from FL we would have to find a supplier/mfgr that could act in a professional businesslike manner & supply the rifles the members of AR15.COM had bought.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#31]
We have cancelled the orders with the original mfgr for the Hero Rifles and placed it elsewhere. The new mfgr has told us they will rush it through in honor of who is receiving them & the spirit of the project.

I also indicated to the original mfgr we needed to work with suppliers that we had better ability to communicate with.  They may in fact have a internal problem that allows them to receive selective faxes & keep them from picking up the phone.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#32]
I want to make it clear that Castle Arms wants to have professional, ethical businesslike relationship with their suppliers. We want consumers to make their own decision upon which mfgr's product to purchase based upon whatever critera is most important to them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#33]
The post he made concerning the mfgr was personal he is through trying to sell their product due to inability to get answers.
The problem here is our company & particularly my partner was the taking the heat & the image of being unable to supply. In the mean time other dealers were telling us they were getting the same items & had ordered after us!
View Quote

[b]A)[/b] Having to repeatedly cover for a manufacturer that was giving no answers and/or refusal to ship, gets very old!

[b]B)[/b] I spoke my mind and it bit me in the ass!

[b]C)[/b] It appears the best way to rectify the situation, is to now [u]remove[/u] myself from the equation. The equation is Castle Arms, LEGP, BRC, and AR15.COM

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top