Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2002 5:32:23 PM EDT
Man.......I am soooooooooooo screwed.

A buddy of mine just got a new YZ250 and I just got to twist it's ears today

I now hate him!

I grew up on minis, dirtbikes, 3-wheelers and now ride 4-wheelers but not since my dirtbike days (rode an 83 YZ) have I been on anything so impressive as this new Yamaha.

This is the 02 model and all I can say is this this thing is amazingly agile, snappy and fast.

The only other bike I really like is the Honda CR250R but have not gotten to ride it.

What do you guys ride and what are your impressions of your particular bike?

Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a thumper, DR350  :)
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to ride the old Red Roosters, CR250R.

I would say that this was the easiest bike to ride.  The more trouble you got into the harder you could crank on it to get out. Light, fast and agile.

I'm getting a little old now for dancing in the dirt so I bought an XR400.  Heavier but also has the ability to put, put.  Can't do that with 2 strokes.  They need air.  Also a lot quieter.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had a few CR 125R's, very fun bikes. I'm looking at a 02 Magna for this upcoming summer. I love the Honda V-4's, dependable, well balanced and plenty of tourque.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had several over the years. but no longer have the time for them,live in city, no real place to ride, etc.

I have a 82 YZ490, ended up letting a buddy in VA. take it so he could have a toy to play with.

The one I still have though and will never willingly get rid of is my, 1972 Husqvarna 400CR. For a 2-stroke it has some amazing low end. I have had some offers for it, from guys into nostalgia racing, but it's worth more to me from the memories.

Got to love those memories of, broken arms, legs, cracked pelvis....ahhhh, the pain [BD]

Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an XR-200 but would like to get a CR-250 in the future.  The XR is great but I want the high end power of a 2-stroke vs. 4-stroke.

Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a RM125 before I went up to college. It was fun, but it was also a huge pain in the ass to ride it in the dirt, since we lived in suburbia. (total of at least 3 hours or so to load it up, go somewhere, unload, load again, go home, unload) Perhaps I'll get a streetbike one of these days... Or mabye a dirtbike if I ever end up with a few acres of land or so.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top