Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/17/2002 8:13:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/17/2002 8:31:06 AM EDT by GI_Brat]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:19:05 AM EDT
I also have been on their mailing list for a few years and have been tempted to purchase, but in the past they didn't take credit cards. I guess this has changed, but I think you have to pay a little extra to charge. I think I got on their mailing list by purchasing some Surefire products somewhere.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:39:31 AM EDT
I've ordered stuff from them a couple times over the last 5 years. I got what I ordered, nothing bad, nothing good. [(:|)]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:46:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By PoliticalScience: I've ordered stuff from them a couple times over the last 5 years. I got what I ordered, nothing bad, nothing good. [(:|)]
View Quote
same here........they do have some things that are hard to find........
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:05:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BlackandGreen:
Originally Posted By PoliticalScience: I've ordered stuff from them a couple times over the last 5 years. I got what I ordered, nothing bad, nothing good. [(:|)]
View Quote
same here........they do have some things that are hard to find........
View Quote
Yep, me too SRM
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:03:43 PM EDT
I have there 2000 catalog. I never ordered anything, but they seem to have cool stuff; lockpicking equipment, mace, grappling hooks, etc. I think they have a $100 minimum ordering fee (or it may only be for credit cards).
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:36:16 PM EDT
I have ordered from them before and had good luck. Mailed in my order on a Sunday and received it on Thursday. (In Hawaii no less.) I would order from them again without hesitation.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:59:50 PM EDT
Did anyone see the Fox/NBC/ABS (I don't remember which) investigative report on mail order "survival suppliers" when they went to SHOMER-TEC to interview the two brothers that own and run it? It was about 5 years ago. They showed all of the evil stuff you can get; tazers, blah blah blah...typical leftist "this is why you should be wetting your pants" report. The actually had some LEO do a demonstration of the 12ga. flachette rounds penetrating the front of a Kevlar vest. Here's the best part of the interview. I swear I am not making this up, I saw this on my TV with my own two eyes. The brothers are in the warehouse with the female reporter (don't remember who) and she's going off about their stock pile of Law enforcement/paramilitary supplies. About 45 seconds into her blathering nonsense she asks one of the brothers to take one of the large canister mace bottles off the shelf to display it for the camera. He takes it down and asks her something along the lines of "Would like to see how it works?" HE SPRAYS HER RIGHT IN THE FACE! She spins around, starts rubbing her face, and the two brothers are standing there laughing their asses off! Well, that just about had me on the floor. She turns to face him like she's going to say something...well, I'll be damned if she didn't get sprayed again! Hands down the best investigative report I've ever seen. You should buy from them just for this.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 11:13:00 PM EDT
I bought stuff from them. They were pretty prompt in delivery, no missing items etc. They have some weird stuff that you can't get anywhere else.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:53:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:12:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By slt223: Did anyone see the Fox/NBC/ABS (I don't remember which) investigative report on mail order "survival suppliers" when they went to SHOMER-TEC to interview the two brothers that own and run it? It was about 5 years ago. They showed all of the evil stuff you can get; tazers, blah blah blah...typical leftist "this is why you should be wetting your pants" report. The actually had some LEO do a demonstration of the 12ga. flachette rounds penetrating the front of a Kevlar vest. Here's the best part of the interview. I swear I am not making this up, I saw this on my TV with my own two eyes. The brothers are in the warehouse with the female reporter (don't remember who) and she's going off about their stock pile of Law enforcement/paramilitary supplies. About 45 seconds into her blathering nonsense she asks one of the brothers to take one of the large canister mace bottles off the shelf to display it for the camera. He takes it down and asks her something along the lines of "Would like to see how it works?" HE SPRAYS HER RIGHT IN THE FACE! She spins around, starts rubbing her face, and the two brothers are standing there laughing their asses off! Well, that just about had me on the floor. She turns to face him like she's going to say something...well, I'll be damned if she didn't get sprayed again! Hands down the best investigative report I've ever seen. You should buy from them just for this.
View Quote
Out-FREAKIN-standing! Maybe we could arrange a visit with Hilary and Bill, or maybe even Puff Daschle, et al. I am gonna have to order something from these guys just on principle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:17:54 AM EDT
I'll recommend them too. Ordered several times from them. Good Sure-Fire prices, where I got my 870 fore-end. Don't overcharge on shipping either. I wish I could have seen that interview! LMFAO!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:15:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2002 8:17:47 AM EDT by warlord]
Originally Posted By GI_Brat:
Originally Posted By warlord: I bought stuff from them. They were pretty prompt in delivery, no missing items etc. They have some weird stuff that you can't get anywhere else.
View Quote
Just an update: Got everything in as ordered, no missing items. GIB [sniper]
View Quote
COOL! Glad you like them. I have ordered from them many times, but I still loose that $3US discount coupon, All well. Sent them a check and 7-10 days later, my toys at my door. They have good selection and prices on Sure-fire, but I have seen them cheaper at some of the local guns shows. The news media sure doesn't like them, many years ago, CBS' 60-Minutes did a show on them, they interviewed this guy, and his faced practically filled the whole TV screen. It turned out that he was wearing a NRA hat, and they didn't want to show it. But 60-Minutes claims that this company supplies "bomb making" materials, and the owner had a hand blown off trying to construct one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:51:10 PM EDT
I've ordered from them before, good experience, timely delivery. Interesting stuff but some of it is a bit spendy.
Top Top