Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/17/2002 12:25:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:34:35 AM EDT
I want to see Dale Jr. take it seeing as how he won the Busch race. That would be a kickass tribute to his father.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:09:46 AM EDT
#8 is my favorite, but I also root for #15, #24, #5 and #18....everyone else can crash out
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:33:27 AM EDT
Call me crazy, but I like the 88 UPS truck for this season, always been a Jarret fan, Hope the rest of the Ford camps do well too. Dale jr. or Harvick would be a favorite from the Chevy side. Even though Stewart is an A--hole, I think he and Labontie have the best Pontiac chance. Dodge, Sterling Marlin, hands down. Any way it goes, I'll be glued to the set today starting at 12;00est. hope it's a clean, safe race. [:)>] p.s. Jeff "weeny boy" Gordon can sit on a jack handle in the garage for all I care!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:54:02 AM EDT
Really? I would love to see Dave Marcis win it, but I know that will never happen. Ward Burton, Dale Jr., Mikey Waltrip or just about anyone. My biggest prayer is that Jeff Gordon blows an engine on the pace lap and sits the whole race out and Brooke gets so mad at him she won't talk to him all week.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:02:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:20:38 AM EDT
Dale Jarret fan here. Go 88! Can't stand Jeff Gordon. Ever notice that some of the biggest cheers happen when he wrecks? Don't like Tony Steward either; I'm hoping Steward and Gordon escalate their rivalry. Could be very entertaining. Nothing against Dale Jr., but he comes across as being kind of dim, with little personality.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:24:25 AM EDT
Rusty Wallace [img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:xZOsQfB_qOwC:www.montanaracewaypark.com/Miller-Lite-Logo.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:42:30 AM EDT
I don't care for the guy, but I think Stewart,#20, will take it this year. coyote3
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:26:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:31:46 PM EDT
Yessir, Ward pulled it out. He's been so close so many times he was due another big win! One thing that bothers me is that with today's race we have shut the door on any connection to the series in its most pure form with Dave Marcis' retirement. Another chapter was written and the next chapter is starting to look a heck of a lot like the WWF.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:00:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/17/2002 4:01:27 PM EDT by 7]
Virginian First and Virginian Second. [img]www.dixienet.org/images/animated/ani-flags/virginia-flag-ani.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:03:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ponyboy: Rusty Wallace [img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:xZOsQfB_qOwC:www.montanaracewaypark.com/Miller-Lite-Logo.gif[/img]
View Quote
yes!!!!!!! hopefully he won't have engine gremlins [i]again[/i] this year. by the way, how'd he do? please don't tell me DNF.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:08:30 PM EDT
I got into Nascar because a company I was working for (Siemens) sponsored a car--that car was #22, driven by Ward Burton. I've got company Nascar stuff from back then all over the place, and was happy as hell for "Wawd" when he won today. I still can't believe Siemens was dumb enough to move their sponsorship to the #93 car (Dave Blaney? ugh!) and this year, to the #23--Hut Stricklin? HUT STRICKLIN? At least I don't work for them anymore. :)
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:14:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ARlady:
Originally Posted By Ponyboy: Rusty Wallace [img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:xZOsQfB_qOwC:www.montanaracewaypark.com/Miller-Lite-Logo.gif[/img]
View Quote
yes!!!!!!! hopefully he won't have engine gremlins [i]again[/i] this year. by the way, how'd he do? please don't tell me DNF.
View Quote
18th Place, 2 laps down. Odd thing is, and I watched the race from start to finish, I don't know where he lost the 2 laps! I think though that it was just from getting caught in the pits at the wrong time. He avoided the two major incidents.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:02:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:09:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Big_Bear: Zak, you used to work for Siemens in Franklin, TN? I'll bet you know my brother - Eric Raymer works in Franklin and lives in BG, KY. BTW, Hut Stricklin failed to qualify.
View Quote
Johnson City, TN, actually. Never heard of your brother, unfortunately. And yeah, I noticed he failed to qualify--NOT the best start to your season (they'd be better off sponsoring Shawna Robinson--at least she made the show! [:D])
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 6:18:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Zak:
Originally Posted By Big_Bear: Zak, you used to work for Siemens in Franklin, TN? I'll bet you know my brother - Eric Raymer works in Franklin and lives in BG, KY. BTW, Hut Stricklin failed to qualify.
View Quote
Johnson City, TN, actually. Never heard of your brother, unfortunately. And yeah, I noticed he failed to qualify--NOT the best start to your season (they'd be better off sponsoring Shawna Robinson--at least she made the show! [:D])
View Quote
How many times was she lapped?
Top Top