Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2001 11:41:36 PM EDT
I am new to the forum. I don't yet own an AR I am more of a FN FAL guy.  My wife is getting interested in going shooting with me but she is barely 5' tall.  I would like to get a postban M4 style for her.  I really dont care if the stock is A2 style or folding style it just needs to be shorter.  Is it legal to put a folding stock on and have it permanently welded, or fixed to the shorter position?  Does someone make an A2 style 2 inches shorter?  Or can the permanently fixed folding look alike be permanently shortened? please don't tell me to "just get a pre-ban".
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 12:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
good question.i seem to remember this coming up recently.if i remember correctly(big if)as long as it is fixed,it doesn't matter wither open or closed.check in the legal forum if you hav'nt already.mmk
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 12:51:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya, search through the 86 pages of postings and it's bound to be there somewhere.

Just kidding.

mmk is correct.

+1 post for me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 3:12:09 AM EDT
[#3]
The A1 stock is a bit shorter.  Vietnamese soldiers used them in 'Nam, they're close to 5'.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top