Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 12:24:11 PM EDT
I just got my goldenrod I had ordered in, and just realized that my remington e23 safe does not have a pre-drilled hole for it.  Prior to ordering, I checked remington's website (but not the actual safe, duh), and they said all their safes did have a pre-drilled hole for a dehumidifier.  However, now that I checked again, it appears that they redesigned all their models in 2001. I just got this safe about a month ago, but it appears it is a 2000 model as it is only rated for 20 mins at 1200 deg, and the 2001 is rated at 30 mins.  Apparently the pre-drilled hole is also a new feature.

Anyway, I did not bolt it to the floor, so I threaded the cord through the hole at the bottom.   It is on a carpeted floor and I also put two wooden shims (about as thick as the cord is) to each side of the cord.  I'm not sure if putting the weight on the cord even a danger(as long as there are no sharp edges to cut thru the insulation), but I figure since the carpet has some give, and the shims are likely keeping most of the weight off of the cord, it should be pretty safe in any case.

Any comments?  I really don't want to have to drill my own hole...

Thanks,
Rocko
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You did just fine son
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top