Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/16/2002 8:35:00 AM EDT
just received my 2002 ballot.. any opinions regarding the proposed amendment to elect directors for each state, by said state members? Appears to be lots of controversy within existing NRA Board regarding this. We all want strong representation and effort from the NRA.. what do you think? bravo5-2
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:36:31 AM EDT
I think that state reps elected by state residents would be a great idea as I believe it would give the NRA a better idea of what their members really want.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:52:55 AM EDT
I agree with LARRYG, gives NRA a better idea of what members want around the country and would also instill some fresh blood into NRA that it desperately needs in my opinion. Seems that over the past 10 years or so NRA has been out of touch with members, or at least I feel that they've been out of touch with me. Our state affiliation (AR) is also backing the By-Law amendment, so for me it was an easy choice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 9:01:36 AM EDT
Good comments!.. I am also leaning for the amendment. Believe it may help members become more active by feeling they make a difference, and have true representation. With gun laws varying from state to state, the NRA needs increased focus on what critical issues exist, and where. CIB - you got it right on NRA being out of touch. Bravo5-2
Top Top