Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/16/2002 5:40:53 AM EDT
KnockItOff, also known as Judi, had to go into the hospital last night due to pains in her abdomen. Tests concluded that she has a severe amount of toxins built up in her liver. She also has another serious issue, more private, to deal with at the hospital, which I am not at liberty to discuss (I will leave that up to her). I am not sure at this point how long she will be hospitalized.

If you could keep her in your thoughts and prayers for good health and a speedy recovery, she & her family would truly appreciate it.

I am going to see her today, and will update you on her condition. Thanks very much.

Eric

[size=2][blue]Judi replied on page 2[/blue][/size=2]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Heavenly Father,
 I pray that you would be with Judi in her time of illness, that you would reach down and touch her with your Almighty hand, cure her illness and sooth her soul.  Guide and direct her physicians and the nurses attending her needs.

In Jesus's most precious name I pray,
Amen.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Amen! to what Brother a3kid, prayed! We agree on that!

Eric The(AndWhatWeAgreeOnIsBinding...)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#3]
My sincere best wishes.  Hope everything works out for the best.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:18:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Amen....
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#9]
She's in my thoughts. I hope things work out for the best for her.

T
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Prayers on the way.

KnockItOff, get well soon!
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Amen.  God be with her.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, that was a really good prayer a3kid!
Thanks for leading.

Judi---we're pulling for you.
You and the Lord kick some, uh...just get well, OK?
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#13]
In our thoughts and prayers...!
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:50:11 PM EDT
[#14]
May the docs and nurses take the best care to ensure the recovery Judi.  Amen.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 1:04:50 AM EDT
[#15]
From all the way from the southern hemisphere in a wet humid summery evening here in Sydney, my thoughts and prayers go out to your friend.

So here's to a speedy recovery for her.

Regards,
1feral1
Sydney
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:53:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 6:16:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Heavenly Father,
 I pray that you would be with Judi in her time of illness, that you would reach down and touch her with your Almighty hand, cure her illness and sooth her soul.  Guide and direct her physicians and the nurses attending her needs.

In Jesus's most precious name I pray,
Amen.
View Quote
                                           And Amen.......
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Get well soon! Hospital food motivates a lot of people out the door.

Sherm
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I hope everything turns out OK.

Tyler, I have Judi's contact #'s...do you think she would be up to receiving a phone call from me?[:o)]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Judi will be in my prayers.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Judi had surgery and is doing much better. She thanks all of you very much for your thoughts & prayers. Hopefully she will be out of the hospital in a week or so, so she can thank you herself. She wants to update you guys on a couple of things...

FWIW... Judi is a really cool pro-gun conservative 23 year old girl. She has a lot to learn about firearms, but I am helping her out when I can. [:)] I have known he for just over a year, and she is one of my best friends.

Yeah, I already have a girlfriend (Heather).

Some of you guys wonder where those smart, single, decent, good looking, pro-gun chics are... well, there's one right here (heehee... this is not an ADVERTISEMENT - just the truth)!

Thanks again to all of you!

Eric

Link Posted: 2/17/2002 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#22]
tyler-eric, whatever.

way to be dude.  It's good that she has friends like you.

-CK
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Actually, she did get to talk to Wave - shortly after 9-11 when he got his "free" cell phone. She was one of the members who called to show her support [;)]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Actually, she did get to talk to Wave - shortly after 9-11 when he got his "free" cell phone. She was one of the members who called to show her support [;)]
View Quote

No wonder she's sick [}:D]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Glad to here it! Take good care of her, we need all the women we can get in this sport.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#27]
My prayers are with her.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#28]
There is power in prayer......There is power in board members.......we need to always stay together in these matters.........[:)]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Eric,

The Phone # you gave me does not work...
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Get well Judi.  Think happy thoughts like a BMG upper for your stainless steel DPMS lower.  

Hey, it makes me feel better.

Quoted:
Get well soon! Hospital food motivates a lot of people out the door.

Sherm
View Quote

Some feet first.

Somebody smuggle her in a double Whopper, onion rings and a chocolate shake.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Best of luck Judi.  Get well soon, we miss ya already!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#35]
I am sure she would love to hear from you guys. She doesn't post a whole lot (shy), but she loves to read our crazy rants/polls in GD, and our photoshop threads! [:D]

Feel free to call.

[b](765) 447-6811[/b] That is the number for the Hospital. Just ask for room # [b]5724[/b], and she should answer.

[blue]Edited to change room #[/blue]
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 5:31:10 AM EDT
[#36]
My daughter had her gall bladder removed....2 days after christmas.....the dr. said it was very common in young people nowdays......judi will be fine...the youngin`s seem to bounce back...quite amazingly........[:)]....p/s...Tyler...that looks exactly like my daughter`s (jodi)...dog.....
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Ahhh...  Finally!!  I get to sit in front of my computer!!!  I know that Eric passed along my thanks, but I wanted to personally let all of you know that your thoughts and prayers were greatly appreciated.  

And, if all of you don't mind, I wish to ask that you keep my new son in your prayers.  He was born on the 16th, 10 weeks prematurely.  I developed toxemia, and my liver enzyme and blood platelet counts were completely abnormal.  The only thing to do to get me better and to keep my baby out of danger was to do an emergency C-section.  Isaac Alexander weighed 2 pounds 11.5 ounces and was 15.75 inches long.  He still needs the aid of a respirator to breathe.  I learned yesterday that his kidneys are distended and that he has a heart murmur.

As the parent of a baby in the NICU, I get to stay at a room in the hospital (room #5724) as long as one is available for me.  (I really just couldn't bear to be away from the hospital cafeteria.)  I get to see Isaac several times every day and fight back tears as I hold his little hand and pray that he gets stronger just so that I can finally get to hold him.

Please pray that I continue to have the strength to keep myself from coming unglued and that my son gets stronger and closer to coming home.

Thanks again,

Judi
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Judi, my thoughts are with you and yours. God bless.

T.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Glad you're doing better, and best wishes for Isaac.

Speaking as a fellow preemie, the heart murmur is probably not a big deal.  I was told that they are common in early deliveries.  I had a severe murmur from a VSD when I was born (they almost did open-heart surgery, but the coin flip said no), and it was noticeable until I was at least in my late teens.  I didn't bother much with physicians in my 20's, but at about 33 I went in to talk to my doc about a pilot's license physical;  he did a thorough cardiac exam, and there was no sign of a murmur any more.  Nothing, nada, zip.

The only restrictions I've ever had were that (1) the military wouldn't touch me at 18 because it was still quite noticeable then, and (2) every time I went to a dentist (or had any other medical procedure done that involved any cutting or bleeding) they made me take antibiotics to reduce the risk of "bacterial endocarditis".  Not a big deal.

The respirator is unpleasant, but they do the trick.  Don't fret too much, he should be off it in a few weeks.  It's a lot better than the older methods they used way back when.

As for his small size, doll clothes worked well for me.  Just don't put him in any Barbie outfits -- try Ken, or maybe GI Joe, unless you want him to grow up to be a ballet dancer or figure skater.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I wish you all the best.  May your most cherished dreams come true.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:47:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Will keep praying....you and the little guy hang in there......the LORD will get you through .....
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:25:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:40:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Our gracious and loving Heavenly Father, keep our sister Judi and her blessed Isaac Alexander safe and secure in the Palm of Your Hand. Pull up a hedge of safekeeping around them, and continue to bless them and those who minister unto them. Let these requests be bound in Heaven as on earth, while we pray in Jesus' most Holy Name, Amen.

Eric The(CanWeAgreeOnThisMyFellowPrayerWarriors?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:48:47 AM EDT
[#45]
I went to see a friend's healthy two year old girl a couple months a go.  She was born so premature she could fit in a large hand!!  Thank God for the technology he has given us.

We have your phone # and room # we know where you are!!  Get Well Soon or we'll find you and make you do it! and you will like it!![stick][:D]

Doug
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Hi Judi.  I am very happy to hear that you and your new son Isaac Alexander are ok.  May God bless you both and we all hope to hear from you soon.  

Steven
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:12:44 AM EDT
[#47]
It was nice talking to you again, no thanks to Eric who gave me the wrong #!

Take care, I'm sure everything will be fine and if there is anything you need do not hesitate to ask!

Ray
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Every day brings good news and bad news.  Isaac's heart murmur has closed, but he now has an infection (in his blood and spinal fluid) and is retaining fluids.  He's being given LOTS of antibiotics and is slowly improving.  

I'm doing well.  I'm getting plenty of exercise running back and forth from my room to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit!  I'm very fortunate to have buddies that will spring me from the hospital so that I can get some fresh air - even though it is cold and snowy.  It's too bad, though, that I must suffer through vicious pit bull attacks to use Eric's computer.  :o)

Thanks again to everyone for their prayers and well wishes for Isaac and me.  If all goes well, I may be able to meet some of you at the Black Rifle Convention.  

Ray - The room number that you were given would have worked if you had called right away.  :o)  I'd only been in four different rooms in five days.

Thanks again!

Judi
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#49]
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son.

Our neighbors had a baby last summer around two plus months early and she is perfectly healthy and happy.  I believe the mother had the same condition as you experienced.  I certainly don't mean to minimize what you're going through (I have a little girl and my heart breaks whenever she gets hurt), but as many others here, want to let you know that this will hopefully turn out okay.

Please keep us updated!  May God bless and speed you and your son to health!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm doing well.  I'm getting plenty of exercise running back and forth from my room to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit!
Judi
View Quote

Best thing you can do is be there, touch and feed him.  Many parents are put off by the medical hardware, but the direct contact seems to help them grow faster, parent and child bond better, just a win-win thing.  The nursing staff will go the extra mile, too.  Most of them love kids a lot (or they wouldn't be there), and a mom with a preemie seems to turn them to mush.

I still remember a kid that weighed well under 2 pounds, and how happy the mom was when the baby hit 5 pounds and they could take her home. She sent me Christmas cards for years, until we lost touch when I moved.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top