Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you know of any LEOs in your area, maybe there's one that patrols the area regularly or is a family friend?  Talk to them and see how it can be handled discretely.  I know that I would feel horrible if someone got hurt because I knew and didn't do anything.

If your worried about retaliation, do you know any local politicians or higher up management in the department?  Most of the times they are worthless, but never hurts to have them on your side.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 12:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Isn't there some sort of "whistleblower" law for government workers?

Whistleblower laws are for everybody.  Nice in concept, they don't always protect the whistleblower without it going to court.  Trying ting to show it was a retaliatory firing, etc.

Going to a State IG is probably the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]
You know, after sleeping on it and some conciderations, I have to say that the whole "retribution" thing is going to be placed in that "Screw It!" drawer.  There's not much doubt in my mind that it will happen, mostly in the form of cold shoulders, shitty assignments, and lots of night work.  I let this go on so it's a bed I helped make.  Time to sleep in it.

Here's a good example of the type of people who are "up the chain of command" for me.  If I felt I should go over my boss' head it would be to his boss, who just happens to be an old friend of his.  If I go over his head I get to this gem...  http://wweek.com/editorial/3530/12643/  

I'm working tonight, and as strange as this sounds I hope he does come in drunk.  The sooner this is dealt with the better.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top