Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2002 9:44:39 AM EDT
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,45678,00.html[/url]

....because you just never know when some looney is gonna snap over nothing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Cat fight.  Rule benders irk me too.  Poor innocent moron...
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]
wish i could carry. darn canada laws...
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Dont think I would have shot the attacker.  Just beat the poop out of her [:)]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#4]
well, i could have justified force in this situation. just presenting a firearm could have stopped the attack and allowed the poor woman to hold the perp for the cops.

if it were me i would have been very unfriendly.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know about you guys, but I think Karen should have had the gun.  I hate it when "nice little old" ladies get over and bring 13 items to the express lane.  Screw that.  And I bet you'll need a price check too?!?!  ALL I WANTED WAS A PACK OF SMOKES!!!![/rant mode]   umhum...excuse me
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#6]
THIS is why I carry a gun......
View Quote

Why is that?
So that you can be an @#$hole and go through the checkout line with more items then the posted maximum?

That lady deserved to get her ass kicked. This was probably not the first time she did something like this. She more than likely goes around and breaks all of the little rules and social norms, cuts in line, double parks, etc, etc, all because she is more important than the average person. It usually goes well for her because most people don't even say anything, let alone physically attack her. She gambled and lost, her problem ha ha
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why is that?
So that you can be an @#$hole and go through the checkout line with more items then the posted maximum?

That lady deserved to get her ass kicked. This was probably not the first time she did something like this. She more than likely goes around and breaks all of the little rules and social norms, cuts in line, double parks, etc, etc, all because she is more important than the average person. It usually goes well for her because most people don't even say anything, let alone physically attack her. She gambled and lost, her problem ha ha
View Quote

NO.......

not so that I can sneak an extra item through the express lane.

I carry a gun because YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN OR WHAT SITUATION YOU MIGHT FIND YOURSELF IN.

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

NO.......

not so that I can sneak an extra item through the express lane.
View Quote

Yeah, that involves a whole different kind of "concealed" carry...
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#9]
So am I reading this right?  Some of you guys are condoning violence against defenseless persons on the sole basis of bringing ONE more item in the "12 or less line?"  It really is stuff like this that gives the antis fuel.  Sure that lady was being a jerk for bringing more items in the line that she was suppose to; however, a simple diatribe or verbal asswhipping is ALL that should be required if you feel it absolutely necessary to exact your revenge against that foul of the earth women [rolleyes].  

This is obviously a clear-cut case of assault and battery and I seriously hope that crazy bitch gets hard time.

- Matt
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So am I reading this right?  Some of you guys are condoning violence against defenseless persons on the sole basis of bringing ONE more item in the "12 or less line?"  It really is stuff like this that gives the antis fuel.  Sure that lady was being a jerk for bringing more items in the line that she was suppose to; however, a simple diatribe or verbal asswhipping is ALL that should be required if you feel it absolutely necessary to exact your revenge against that foul of the earth women [rolleyes].  

This is obviously a clear-cut case of assault and battery and I seriously hope that crazy bitch gets hard time.

- Matt
View Quote

Well now you might be jumping to conclusions.  The article portrays the "victim" as some poor innocent lady who got her ass whooped as she was going about her daily business.  However upon closer inspection, the article states that this victim copped an attitude by snapping back "what, you got a problem with me" (Taxi Driver style) instead of simply apologizing for HER mistake.  I think this is just a case of small dog, big bark.  This inadvertend 13 item lady probably just bit off more than she could chew and got her ass kicked, and rightfully so, for her troubles.  The way society works, the "assailant" is going to get screwed because of her prior check fraud conviction.  Any of you legal types out there know that that's inadmissible character evidence in this instance.  The check fraud, which this unbiased reporting estutely pointed out, goes to veracity and has nothing to do with the characterization for violent propensities, which is at trial here.  Moral of the story, more people NEED to get their asses kicked...
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#11]
SORRY, SHE DESERVED IT and GOT IT FINALLY! [BD] Have a nice day mam! Bet she NEVER EVER does that again though! What cha wanna bet! [:D]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Magnus357, that kind of stupidity and selfishness is pretty common in some of the people on this board.  you learn who they are soon enough.  still, it does sicken me.

Rickyj, you have got to be one of the dumbest, most assinine men on these boards, condoning violence against someone who presents no threat to you or any other person merely on your (questionable) assumption that she routine bends and breaks the little rules of society.  

damn hypocrite.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Magnus357, that kind of stupidity and selfishness is pretty common in some of the people on this board.  you learn who they are soon enough.  still, it does sicken me.

Rickyj, you have got to be one of the dumbest, most assinine men on these boards, condoning violence against someone who presents no threat to you or any other person merely on your (questionable) assumption that she routine bends and breaks the little rules of society.  

damn hypocrite.
View Quote

I don't get it. Magnus257 is stupid because he thinks it's wrong to attack an innocent woman.

Then RickyJ is dumb because he thinks it's right to attack an innocent women.
Not a flame, I just don't get where you're coming from.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#15]
We're all a bunch of Modern Art Masterpieces!
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

- Matt
View Quote

Finally a reasonable person !   THANK YOU !

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#17]
[b]Humor[/b]:Main Entry: [1]hu·mor
Pronunciation: 'hyü-m&r, 'yü-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English humour, from Middle French humeur, from Medieval Latin & Latin; Medieval Latin humor, from Latin humor, umor moisture; akin to Old Norse vokr damp, Latin humEre to be moist, and perhaps to Greek hygros wet
Date: 14th century
1 a : a normal functioning bodily semifluid or fluid (as the blood or lymph) b : a secretion (as a hormone) that is an excitant of activity
2 a : in medieval physiology : a fluid or juice of an animal or plant; specifically : one of the four fluids entering into the constitution of the body and determining by their relative proportions a person's health and temperament b : characteristic or habitual disposition or bent : TEMPERAMENT c : an often temporary state of mind imposed especially by circumstances d : a sudden, unpredictable, or unreasoning inclination : WHIM
3 a : that quality which appeals to a sense of the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous b : the mental faculty of discovering, expressing, or appreciating the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous c : something that is or is designed to be comical or amusing
synonym see WIT
- out of humor : out of sorts

[red] and yes, I thought people linning up to smack the old lady in Airplane was funny also.  Lighten up people, please.[/red]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#18]
'Oh, do you have a problem with me?'
View Quote
.  The "victim" overloaded her ass with her mouth.  I am not saying she deserved to be beaten, but many "victims" initiate "rage" with their mouths and then everyone feels sorry for them.  I count how many items in my grocery cart and will not go through the express lane if I have too many.  It is called common courtesy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

damn hypocrite.
View Quote

Ha HA HA
I've got fans!

LARRYG:
The "victim" overloaded her ass with her mouth. I am not saying she deserved to be beaten, but many "victims" initiate "rage" with their mouths and then everyone feels sorry for them. I count how many items in my grocery cart and will not go through the express lane if I have too many. It is called common courtesy.
View Quote

Thank you Larry, [red]common courtesy[/red]

This lady with more items than she should have had was out of line. Will anyone argue with me about that? Or am I the only one that thinks that is rude?

The beating probably was not justified. I was not there and all I have are a few facts from a newspaper so I will leave it up to a jury to decide.

However from the report I can say one thing for sure, firing or even drawing a gun would sure as hell not be justified. The injuries attained in the attack were scratches "she drew blood", and she was coherent enough to remember the license plate.

Would you have pulled your gun and shot the lady? Really?

If you go around being rude and inconsiderate, then pull your gun every time someone looks at you funny, you just might be a nut. Or in other words, the reason that anti's can justify taking guns away from people. Or maybe it's just me?

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#20]
ok,

You go through the express line with more than the allotted amount of items:

A, you didn't realize it and are apologetic, you do not deserve to be assaulted for it.

B, you KNEW you had too many items and went through the Express lane ANYWAY, then cop the "fuck off, I can do anything I want to" attitude, you have an ass whooping coming.

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like 13 item lady's mouth wrote a check that her body couldnt cash.
GG
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Would you have pulled your gun and shot the lady? Really?
View Quote

I'm not saying I would have shot her. But you have to admit that someone committing assault over the number of items taken thru an express lane is pretty psycho. Who knows what this lady MIGHT have done, given the opportunity. That was my original point. You have to be prepared because weird shit like this might happen.

YOU JUST NEVER KNOW.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top