User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2002 8:04:56 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/628723/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#2]
This horrible affront to our First Amendment must still clear the Senate (possible filibuster), and avoid the President's veto.
View Quote

If it makes it past the fillibuster, it'll pass in the senate--it has before, and there are more anti-freedom types in the senate now then there were at that point.

As for avoiding a veto, GWB has said if it passes, he'll sign it.

(This is NOT a pro-freedom president, folks.)

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#3]
could somebody point out to me where in the CFR bill, as it is written now, citizens would be jailed?  i am not denying it is in there, i just find it somewhat ironic that the local conservative radio talk show guys (and el-Rushbo himself) have been all over this topic and its blatant violations of our rights, yet none of them have mentioned jail time.

from what i understand, it isn't the criticism of a politician that would be a crime (unless someone can point that very statement out in the current CFR), but the action taken within the 60 day time period preceding an election.  from they way i understand the bill, that same citizen could wax eloquently about the wonders of a politician and stil be violating the law.

can someone clarify this?
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
could somebody point out to me where in the CFR bill, as it is written now, citizens would be jailed?  i am not denying it is in there, i just find it somewhat ironic that the local conservative radio talk show guys (and el-Rushbo himself) have been all over this topic and its blatant violations of our rights, yet none of them have mentioned jail time.

from what i understand, it isn't the criticism of a politician that would be a crime (unless someone can point that very statement out in the current CFR), but the action taken within the 60 day time period preceding an election.  from they way i understand the bill, that same citizen could wax eloquently about the wonders of a politician and stil be violating the law.

can someone clarify this?
View Quote

Big difference, either way, you get fined or jail for speaking out.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Big difference, either way, you get fined or jail for speaking out.....
View Quote

well, i do see a difference.  either way i think the law is full of shit and shreds the 1st amendment.  but i do see a difference.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#7]
It has been said, the Soap Box, the Ballot Box and the Cartridge Box, well maybe it will become necessary to combine the Soap Box with the Cartridge Box. People have said that not many people will be willing to actually fight just because of gun control but the loss of our rights of political free speech may just be what it will take to get enough people together who are willing to fight using whatever means is necessary. If this passes we all need to stand together and fight for liberty, and use the Second Amendment for what it was always intended for and that is to protect the Constitution and the other nine Amendments.  

Liberty or Death

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top