Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/15/2002 6:01:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2002 6:02:18 AM EDT by Crappybob]
I was sent this email yesterday from the editor of the local paper. I posted on this guys message board trying to get people to come over to my website. I never posted anything nasty, or mean. And this is the letter I get: To: XXXXXXXXXXX re: Written request to cease and desist Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX, Our security investigation has connected your name and address to the e-mail addresses crappybob@hotmail.com and kidneyfailure@hotmail.com. Messages noting these addresses with connections to you have posted a number of harrassing and unwanted messages to our Internet website at XXXXXXXXXXXXX, and we have notified the Federal Bureau of Investigation field office in Kansas City, Mo., of our request to you as per federal communications law to cease and desist these activities immediately. If this message has reached you in error, please disregard and accept our apologies. If you have any questions, please contact either myself at XXXXXXXXXXXX or Special Agent In Charge Kevin Stratton, Federal Bureau of Investigation,1300 Summit, Kansas City, Missouri 64105-1362, (816) 512-8200. Sincerely, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Well the kicker is, I called the FBI and there is no Agent Kevin Stratton. This guy made the hole thing up. Is that illegal?
Top Top