Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2002 4:57:09 AM EDT
I'm thinking about picking up one of the CRKT M16Z (Zytel handle) partially serrated, tanto-bladed knives (M16-12Z is the model number, I believe).  Anyone have any experiences with them?  These use a different blade material (AUS6 vs AUS8) and grip than the LEGP knife, are the changes sound?  Is it worth it to get the (slightly) bigger model (M16-14Z)?

Also, is [url]OneStopKnifeShop.com[/url] a reputable place to do business with?

Kharn
(And no, I'm not interested in the LEGP knife, thank you, its outside my price range.)
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Kharn:

I purchased an M9 bayonet from OneStopKnifeShop.com a few months ago.  I had no problems with the order and was completely satisfied.

HTH,
SAB
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:58:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the same model but with Aluminum handle. Its a great little knife, very sharp and seems to hold an edge very well. It was only $8 more than the zytel handle model at a gunshow. Very sturdy and the teflon coated clip works great. The little flipper makes it super fast and easy to open without having to flick your wrist. My only complaints are 1. I carry it in my right front pocket. Levi's have a change pocket on that side and after washing and drying my pants the change pocket never drys completely, well the knife got damp and I not realizing it let it sit over the weekend. On Monday I noticed it had developed some tiny rust spots( my fault!) 2. The blade is marked TAIWAN in little letters, not really a problem but its there.
Other than that its absolutely great for the price. The larger M-16 felt too big for pocket carry but thats just me. I bought the spearpoint zytel as a gift for a friend and he favors it over his Gerber A/F Covert! I plan on buying another one very soon. Good Luck
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:01:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought the 12Z at a  gunshow for $27. I really like it but the checkering on the thumb stud hang up on my pants when I have it clipped on my pocket.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:07:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I've carried the mid-sized MIL model with the serrated, tanto-style blade for over a year.  The largest size is a bit too big for everyday carry, but the mid-sized is just about right.  The aluminum model isn't heavy, but provides enough weight so you know it's still there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:08:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there anyway to attach a line or something to the knife?  I keep my keys on a carabineer clipped to my belt loop, and I'd like to do something similar with the knife (with a little bit of line letting the knife stay in my pocket) so I don't lose it when I am out in the urban jungle called college (damn thieves, er, I mean, other students).

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I have no experience with OneStopKnifeShop.com, but if you need a pocket knife, it's a great value.  Also a really nice knife.  You pretty much can't go wrong with a CRKT, especially the lower end models.  In short, buy it.  The larger one does fit larger hands better, but the smaller one fits your pocket and wallet quite nicely.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#7]
That's the one I carry and I couldn't be happier. Sharpest "out of the box" knife I've ever owned, and a breeze to open.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 6:43:28 AM EDT
[#8]
That's the exact knife I have had for over a year, and I love it!  You can't go wrong with it, especially for the price!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Kharn, I ordered the CRKT M16-14 mil with tanto/half serated blade.  If you look closely at the bottom of the handle you'll see a small hole that is intended for a lanyard.  I saw it when I looked closely at a picture online.  It is somewhat camouflaged by the screw holes, but it's there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top