Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2002 7:25:18 PM EDT
any of you Hoosiers know of any clubs, organizations, or other fraternization groups that meet in or around the indy metro (willing to travel a bit)?

would like to make sure they allow shooting of the "evil black rifle" too.

thanks!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]
You might try the Sycamore Valley Gun Club in Bloomington(about 50 miles south of Indy). I think they have a new range in Freedom In.

- Gump

P.S.  what is an "evil black rifle"?
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You might try the Sycamore Valley Gun Club in Bloomington(about 50 miles south of Indy). I think they have a new range in Freedom In.

- Gump

P.S.  what is an "evil black rifle"?
View Quote

so that Freedom one is up and running.  my dad lives about 20 minutes from Freedom ('tween that and Coal City).  wouldn't that be great.  visit family and go to the range all at the same time!

MIGHT be moving back.  big "might" though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]
*bump*
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]
My memory is shot....cant remember name of place, but could drive to it.  If you are Eastbound on 70, take 465 S, first exit, left at bottom of ramp, about 10 miles out, left hand side of road.  Pretty cool gun shop and I believe they have a range out back.  Lots of "evil rifles" and decent ammo prices last time I was there.  Name is real simple, like Bob's Guns or something.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't really know of any organized groups around here.  There are a few folks out on my side of town (Plainfield) that go shoot the occasional match up at Deer Creek, but other than the 'national match' types down at riley conservation club (a little stuffy for me) that's about it for clubs.  They just cleaned up Atterbury...I don't normally go to public ranges since I have a farm to go to, but it's a lot nicer than it used to be.  

QS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top