Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2002 6:28:39 PM EDT
[url]http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2002/2/13/163400[/url]
All the way to the Supreme Court...what this so called Campain Reform Bill does ..is to allow Big Media (Big Left Wing Biased Media...) to editorialize while virtually no one else can speak close to election night...the teet sucking politicians are eating it up...and those who sponsor can expect Big Media to allow them to suck all the milk they want come election time....
WE The People Are Effectively Silenced......
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:02:56 AM EDT
[#1]
No...this can't POSSIBLY be true.

Cuz I have it on good advice here from people on THIS site that the NRA does NOTHING for us, and doesn't really represent us.

So, it can't POSSIBLY be true.

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:09:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry the NRA and the ACLU will most likely be on the same side in this fight!

If the Senate Republicans know what's good for them, they will do everything in their power to block this bill from becoming law.

Does anyone know whether the final bill that passed still exempts unions from its provisions?

Eric The(ThatAloneWillKillItInCourt!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:57:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No...this can't POSSIBLY be true.

Cuz I have it on good advice here from people on THIS site that the NRA does NOTHING for us, and doesn't really represent us.

So, it can't POSSIBLY be true.

[rolleyes]

View Quote

I guess it's too late for that, They "fought" the 1994 "crime" bill by WRITING a good part of it......
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:31:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If the Senate Republicans know what's good for them, they will do everything in their power to block this bill from becoming law.
View Quote

Forty-one republicans voted for this bill.   I wonder if they are some of the same names on the list I posted for you the other day...

Can't vote on party, folks, you have to vote on the issues...
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:32:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't worry the NRA and the ACLU will most likely be on the same side in this fight!
View Quote

I would be very suprised at that, but stranger things have happened!

CFR is tyranny!
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:47:19 AM EDT
[#6]
...while i am a member of the nra and defend them as often as possible, this move strikes me as a bit self serving on their part.  if this legistlation passes then the nra will loose A LOT of political clout.  i hope the bill fails and i support their stance on this issue...i just wish they had this same furvor for repealing a lot of these unconstitutional gun laws.  sloth
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:54:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I would be very suprised at that, but stranger things have happened!

CFR is tyranny!
View Quote

The NRA and the ACLU [b]are[/b] on the same side already on this issue:
http://[url]www.nraila.org/Articles.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=60[/url]

Sen. McConnell met with a free speech coalition of which NRA is a member. Included are the American Civil Liberties Union, the Christian Coalition, the Business-Industry Political Action Committee, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Right to Life Committee, the National Ass'n of Manufacturers and the National Rural Letter Carriers Ass'n. This fast-growing confederation of groups is pooling talent and resources to fight McCain-Feingold on Capitol Hill and in the courts.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...while i am a member of the nra and defend them as often as possible, this move strikes me as a bit self serving on their part.  if this legistlation passes then the nra will loose A LOT of political clout.  i hope the bill fails and i support their stance on this issue...i just wish they had this same furvor for repealing a lot of these unconstitutional gun laws.  sloth
View Quote

Amazing.

So, NOT ONLY does the NRA have to do everything right for some people, but their MOTIVES also have to pass your approval standards.

[rolleyes]

Any what makes YOU qulaified to know that their primary motive ISN'T the First Amendment???

Dopey, they are fighting for YOUR First Amendment rights, as well as theirs.

LET THEM BE AS SELF-SERVING AS THEY FRIGGEN WANNA BE.

THE POLITICAL CLOUT THEY GAIN ALLOWS ME TO HAVE A VOICE. ITS MY POLITICAL CLOUT THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR.

I'm sorry if this is offensive, but it had to be said. Your comments sound WAY too much like the leftist gun grabbers who whine about the NRA's ability to be a political force - the SAME leftists who are trying to SILENCE the NRA thru the Shays- Meehan treason.

AGAIN, FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, I WANT THE NRA TO HAVE AS MUCH POLITICAL CLOUT AS POSSIBLE, BECAUSE....

[SIZE=6]I AM THE NRA[/SIZE=6]

Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I am not very worried about this bill.  Not only does it blatantly violate the First Amendment, it also goes in direct opposition to Supreme Court decisions as recent as the late 70s.  It won't last two minutes in a legal challenge.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I listened to a supporter of this bill the other night on Alan Keyes show & he constantly mentioned this effected unions too.

But NOT the press which creates & shapes isssues and opinions & would have far more influence if this passes & is upheld - I can't believe it will be.

These politicians are just grandstanding again & wasting our tax dollars on a issue that voters don't give a damn about.  If they would just work on other issues instead.

Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#11]
It won't become law,

A.) It will be philibustered in the senate

B.) It will be vetoed

C.) It will be rulled unconstitutional by the SCOTUS
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#12]
garandman...i wish that you'd have at least read my post.  i AGREE with their stance, i don't want the nra to loose any sort of political clout, i DO NOT want this bill to pass.  my gripe is that the nra needs to get this motivated to get some heavy gun laws overturned.  what are they doing in cali?  how about illinois?  

when people start bashing the nra, i am one of the first to defend that organization.  they are the biggest pro-rkba organization around...as such they wield the most influence.  that is why they get my support and my money.  i just wish they had this firey of an attitude toward repealing the '94 crime bill.

it bugs me that the nra has an unoffical (from what i read and feel from the organization)stance of letting the current gun laws stand and only fighting the new gun laws proposed.  its time to get reactionary, not just conservative and hold the status quoe.

next time try reading a post before you go off...you couldn't have been more off base on my assesment and comments.  sloth
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top