Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2002 5:57:21 PM EDT
Recently I had a plumbing leak inside my wall, and it leaked under the carpet.

I've fixed the plumbing leak, ripped out the wet carpet pad, and have dried out the carpet using a fan (it just soaked a small area, albeit completely soaked it).

So is there a product out there that will get rid of the musty/mildew smell? I'd just replace the carpet, but I just recently bought this house and have shelled out a ton of cash moving/painting/fixing plumbing leak/new washer and dryer/etc/etc.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]
go grab a bottle of fabreeze from the local grocery store

it works pretty good on my dogs favorite marking spot.
It should have no prob with that kind of smell
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Try a product called Simple Solution. It doesn't cover the smell with perfumes, but breaks down the source of the smell with enzymes. Your local pet shop should have it or a something similar. Check it out at http://bramton.com. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#4]
SOP here in flood land is to let water receed and then tear out carpet and pile by garbage cans in street.

Afraid you have mold and mildeaw in your carpet and I don't think it will ever go away.

Give your insurance agent a call and see if they can do anything for you under your homeowners policy (probably not - but worth a try).

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Pee on it...
[:d]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top