Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2001 2:57:31 PM EDT
and what's your assessment of it? I'm liken' what I see on their web site.

[url]www.rockriverarms.com/rifles/default.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't own one, but I have seen them--they donated a rifle to the one of the local/state shooting organizations (in IL--apparently RRA is very good about supporting various groups--as evidenced by their work here).  

It was hanging in the local gunstore.  Very well made--on par with any Colt, Armalite, Bushmaster at their best (better than the poor QC guns that have come out on occasion).  One of the guys that work there is a competetive shooter (AR's) and had very good things to say about RRA.

AFARR
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]
When I became a dealer for Rock River Arms products a few weeks ago, I was given a tour of their small, but looking for a bigger building facility and the people who work there.  I was given the tour by "Chuck", who is one of the owners.  I was so impressed with the quality of the weapons and accessories, that I ordered a National Match rifle for myself right on the spot.  I have taken delivery of this beauty, and can't wait to get to the range with it.  The fit and finish are superb, and I love the 2 stage match trigger. Some may think that I am biased because I sell their stuff, but I am here to tell you that this weapon is superior to my Armalite and my Colt.  Rock River goes the extra mile to assure a great fit between recievers, and polishes the receivers before they are phosphated to give an excellent finish.  When I picked up my new rifle, Mark tested the trigger pull, and wasn't happy with it.  He then replaced the trigger with one that he approved of.  Can't say enough good things about these people.

Donnie Pridemore
SABLE CO.
[url]www.sableco.com [/url]edited only to make the link work!
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd have to agree with Donnie.  I've only purchased two uppers and some accessories from them so far, no lowers, but fit and finish of the products I've ordered are second to none.  Compare the quality and price of a RRA upper to a Bushmaster upper, for example, and you will see that they produce products that are the "best bang for the buck."  They have excellent customer service as well.

Bud
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#4]
My Bushmaster lower wears a RRA complete upper. Of all my rifles, this is my favorite. It's been perfect to me ever since I got it- rugged, accurate, and just all around good looks...
And their customer service is incredible!
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#5]
It looks like RRA would cost at least $200 less than Bushmaster for a similar product.  Do you think an RRA rifle would be good for a first rifle?  Can someone tell me the difference between the National Match 2-stage trigger and a 'standard' trigger?  Is it worth the extra $100?
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I think a RRA would be a great AR-15.  I have been so far very impressed with their product and service and can not say enough good things about them.  They are as good if not better than any Bushmaster product I have seen.  The standard trigger has around a 7lb pull.  It is fairly heavy for a rifle trigger.  The standard sigle stage trigger is the best stock trigger I have seen on an AR so far.  It is very crisp and has absolutely no play to them.  I have seen 6 seperate single stage RRA models and they are all like this.  It is much better than the Bushmaster's, Colts, Olympic Arms, and Armalite's I have seen either in the shops or that friends own.  The other brands stock triggers usually have some creep to them and a lot of the Colts I've seen have some rattle to them becasue their upper and lower receivers don't fit very tightly.  I've heard this does not really affect accuracy, but it isn't very pleasent since it shows a lack of quality.  All of the RRA's AR-15's I've seen so far have had a very very tight fit with no rattle between their upppers and lowers.  Now the NM trigger is a two stage trigger.  What it basically does is it splits the 7lbs into two stages.  The first stage is around half the pull weight... 3.5 to 4lbs.  After the initial first stage take up, it comes to a stop... kinda like hitting a solid wall.  The next slightest movement will set the gun off...so it feels like pulling a 3lb trigger.  Whether or not it's worth the extra 100 bucks is up to you.  It's a matter of personal preferance.  If you own any handguns, the two stage trigger would be something like that of Sig's triggers when the hammer's back.  I think Sigs have some of teh best stock trigger pulls out there as far as handguns go.  The National Match parts kit also seems to be finished a little better... not that the stock finish is bad.. it's great.. but the NM parts kit seems to have more of a slight gloss to it.  Anyways, I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, that was very helpful.  Looks like I'll probably be going with Rock River for my first AR.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll second what my fellow CA brother said about his upper.  I have a 20" A2 upper on one of my Bushmaster lowers.  Shoots great, looks great, and fits great too.  I'd get another and have thought about it recently.

HTH,

Take care,

Steve
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks, that was very helpful.  Looks like I'll probably be going with Rock River for my first AR.
View Quote

I'm going to email you but in case you see this, check out the Limited Edition Group Purchase Forum (above General Discussion)

We put together a special purchase for AR15.COM
from Rock River. It is a M4forgery for $660.00 delivered to your FFL.  There are lots of cool & inexpensive options to add too.

Grin&Barrett
Link Posted: 3/21/2001 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Now the  (RRA) NM trigger is a two stage trigger.  Whether or not it's worth the extra 100 bucks is up to you.  It's a matter of personal preferance.  
View Quote

IMO, for ANYONE doing any accuracy shooting, replacing the 100 lb. pull stock trigger on an AR is a MUST.

I own both a Krieger-Milazzo trigger and a RRA NM trigger. I'd give a slight edge to the K-M, but I also gave about TWICE the money for it as well.

IMO, teh RRA NM trigger is very good, and well worth the $100 you'll pay for it. Unless you make a living target shooting, the RRA has everything you need.

While I've been Oly faithful for a while now, with RRA's EXCELLENT service, and everything I'm hearing about their rifles, and theri price competetiveness, I may be switching to RRA.

Link Posted: 3/21/2001 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#11]
If their ARs are as good as their 1911s, they're jewels.  I've handled 7 or 8 of their DCM hardball 1911s, and they are works of art.

Norm
Link Posted: 3/21/2001 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/21/2001 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I got an A2 RRA upper via John Holliger.  It's got a stainless barrel, not chrome-lined.  I got an Eagle/Armalite stripped lower and finished it with the Armalite kit w/2-stage trigger.  The two halves went together nice and snug, and it shoots just fine.  You'll like the RRA products.  I don't know about holding resale value - I'll let my heirs worry about that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2001 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I have 2 RRA weapons, a special M1911 5" Elite Commando .45 acp and a 16" CAR A2.  Both are absolute top notch, no questions asked.  They shoot great, are reliable, very nicely finished, and I get to talk to a person every time I call their shop!
You will not go wrong with RRA!
My 16" CAR A2 came with a 2 stage trigger, not NM mind you, but still 2 stage and it's much better than 7 lbs.  I don't if they changed or if either me or the other writer got a different configuration.

Shut up and shoot!
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#16]
rkbar15,

I've got some items of interest for sale in the "Parts For Sale" forum.  

Bud
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:19:52 AM EDT
[#17]
^
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top