Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2002 6:08:48 PM EDT
Hi everyone, I hope this isnt too inappropriate for this forum (and Im sure you will let me know if it is), but here it is:

A buddy of mine that I work with was supposed to go to Daytona this weekend for the big race, but (surprisingly....much sarcasm) he was denied the weekend off by our boss.  Typical of the NYC Police Department.   My partner is about $1,000 in the hole between the tickets and the airfare, and he even brought in the race tickets and plane tickets to show the boss, but it didnt make a difference, he has to work this weekend.

Anyways, he is in the stone age and doesnt even have a computer, so I put the tickets up on Ebay for him, at face value.  Im told that they are very good seats, and there are two pair of tickets, one pair for Saturdays Race, and another pair for the Daytona 500 on Sunday.  Please take a look at this link to the auction on Ebay, and if you know someone that may be interested, please pass this along.  Thanks for your time,

Steven

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1332384052&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1013726899&indexURL=0&rd=1[/url]

If that doesnt work, the auction number is 1332384052
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#1]
SOLD!
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been teased by women before but, you take the cake.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that was quick!!

Sorry about that, I checked on the Ebay auction like 10 minutes ago, and they werent sold yet.  

Uh-oh, hes a new user.......  anyone have any advice on how NOT to get screwed out of the tickets now?  I have never had to deal with this type of situation,  usually when I sell something on Ebay, I get paid first and then the item gets shipped.  

These tickets have to go out tomorrow, and the guy is going to Paypal me tonight.  But he's a new user at Paypal, too.  What do I do now?  I have heard of scams with fake credit card numbers, but how do I handle this?  Can I call Paypal tomorrow before I ship to make sure the transaction was legit?

Advice PLEASE!!!!

Steven
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya - you could have sold them to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top