Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/8/2002 6:13:10 PM EDT
And I can't get it to work! I figure I'll play against you guys on the ar15.com server, and I' can't get the danged thing to connect me to any server, any game anywhere! "Could not connect to game server. Reason: Could not complete connection attempt" AHHHHH![:(] I can get online just fine-like now. I'm hooked up througha 10/100 Ethernetcard, to our small Linksys router, which is supplying the connection through our Cable modem. What the hell is wrong? Juggernaut
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:36:43 PM EDT
Have you downloaded the updated drivers from their website? Are you running Win2K? I cannot get it to run under Win2K. -elliott
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:39:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By elliott: Have you downloaded the updated drivers from their website? Are you running Win2K? I cannot get it to run under Win2K. -elliott
View Quote
No, I haven't-I'll try that next, then. I'm running XP Pro. Juggernaut
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:54:10 PM EDT
get gamespy. do a google search for it. toast
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:02:10 PM EDT
Lose the stupid useless game and read book for Christ's sake!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:03:15 PM EDT
Loose the stupid useless game and read book for Christ's sake!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:05:55 PM EDT
"read book" Do you mean "read a book"? I can see it has helped you. [;)] -elliott
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:17:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2002 7:28:27 PM EDT by Atencio]
CS will run fine under windows 2K or XP. I would get gamespy also. Makes it a lot easier to find players, servers, and check your pings.[url]http://www.gamespy3d.com/[/url] also look at this, CS has a problem launching games which sounds like your problem. From planethalflife: This error message is a temporary issue that Valve is aware of and will be resolving shortly. If you are getting an error when trying to play CounterStrike, please be aware that this is a known issue with CounterStrike and that the devolopment team is working towards a solution. For more information and possible workaround solutions, please go to [url]http://www.counter-strike.net/[/url]. Sierra Technical Support does not support Counter-Strike.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:28:00 PM EDT
WAIT.........STOP......Get Quake 3, then download the update, then the mod called True Combat at www.truecombat.com, no aiming points, dots or whatever, you must bring the weapon up to line of sight to use it effectively, also bullets act semi-real life, go through some walls, doors and what not.........it is a blast........Try it, you'll like it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:54:51 PM EDT
The updates took care of it-thanks, elliot. I WILL see you all on our server! Juggernaut
Top Top