Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2009 11:06:48 AM EDT
I am buying new tires for my truck and after a bit of research, the Hankooks look like the best tires for the money.
That aside, I assumed they were made in Korea but someone told me they were made in china and I refuse to buy tires made in china.
I did teh tactical google search and found nothing concrete.
The tire I am specifically looking at is the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10.
Anyone have these and if so, do they have the country of manufacture on them ?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I was pretty sure they're made in Korea. Korea is quite protectionist and does have manufacturing industry.

http://www.hankooktire-eu.com/about/history.html

Looks like they are made in various places including Korea, China, and Hungary.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The ones on my brother's truck were made in Korea, but they are several years old.

Good tires for the money.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:09:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hankook_Tire

Looks like SK, China and Hungary
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#5]

As people tend not to read that much:

Production locations:
Geumsan plant, South Korea
Daejon plant, South Korea
Jiangju plant, PR China
Jianxing plant, PR China
Hungary Plant, Dunaujvaros Hungary (started production in 2007)

Odds are they, like most others, make their cheaper shit in China.  You will need to look at this by tire model.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, so it appears they could be made in several locations and the only way to be sure where the on I want is to find one and see if it has the country of origin on it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a set a few years ago,  those were made in Korea.  They were the worst tires I've ever bought.  My father in law put a set on his car recently and said he wasn't happy with them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Cuba, Fidel's nephew runs the shop.  They ship to Venezuela, then into Texas for distribution.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#9]
their performance tires have a decent rep not sure about the rest
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bought a set a few years ago,  those were made in Korea.  They were the worst tires I've ever bought.  My father in law put a set on his car recently and said he wasn't happy with them.

Were they the Dynapro ATM RF10 ??
I have a talked with a lot of folks who love them as well as a friend who works the oil fields in Oklahoma.
They have their whole fleet of trucks running them and they swear by them.  They get used pretty hard.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Kumo is Korean and they make some fantastic performance tires.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#12]
They make the best trailer tires that I know of. I was going to put some on my truck if they make them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I run them on all the big trucks. Good tire for the money. No complaints.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top