Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 1:35:20 PM EDT
Guys, I have a friend who is looking to me to help him upgrade his business's website.  Specifically add secure online ordering to an existing website.  While I am somewhat net savy and know some HTML, I have never really done any web development beyond basic pages.

I know I can teach myself but I need to move quickly so I am asking for books or references you guys know of that can help me along.  I was thinking of just stopping by Barnes and Nobles and looking for a web-based business for dummies kinda book.  Any good resources you know of would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
O'Reilly and Associates has some pretty good books on SSL and the like.  But IMHO secure transactions aren't something to just mess around on, since if credit card information gets hacked and stolen, a lot of people could get screwed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If you decide you want it done professionally we are in the business and are gun-friendly.  

http://www.rticonsulting.com
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to do it quick and economically try
[url]www.MIVA.com[/url]
What part of NY are you from?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I should add: If you're familiar with Linux, this is what we use:

http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/index

It is actually a free package though somewhat complicated to implement.  So, you can download this and do it yourself for free if you decide to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top