Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 6:17:31 AM EDT
[b]Update[/b]- Any AR15.Com members from the Eclair area attending tomorrow's public hearing please feel free to update this post with a quick report.  Thanks!

[i]Original post:[/i]
Here's your chance to make your voice heard on the topic of CCW in WI - public hearings on AB675 have been scheduled.  

The locations and times for the hearings are:

[b]Tuesday, February 12, 2002
12:00 pm (noon)
State of Wisconsin-National Guard Armory
1730 North Lane
Eau Claire, WI

Thursday, February 14, 2002
1:00 - 5:00 pm
Soat-Vergenz Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 721
409 Delafield St.
Waukesha, WI[/b]

The National Guard Armory is about 2/3rds of a mile west of US highway 53 in Eau Claire.

To get to the Waukesha VFW post, take I-94 and exit at highway 164. Go south; Hwy 164 will become E. North Street. Continue on North until you reach Highway 18, which is Delafield St. Turn right on Delafied and the VFW post is about a quarter mile west.

For additional information click your bad-self on over to [url]http://www.wisconsinconcealedcarry.com[/url]

Either put-up or shut-up people, it is as simple as that.  If you're not at one of these hearings (or can't make it to the Capitol on March 5th) [b] I WANT TO KNOW WHY[/b].  You got time to post here, you got time to drag your greasy, camo-clad ass to a public hearing that will be vital in determining whether or not your state is going to allow you to legally defend yourself and/or family out on the street.

I'm talking to you gijohnny223, ARndog, PaulLaVanway, tattoo, Crosshairs, Grizzly660, Mulder, inferno715, TheKill, WOLFER, drjarhead, Saz, Muad_Dib, DarkNite, garry, rugger, gunguyr, prebans, ARben, Matt, NHRAMark, lazyengineer, ganderman, tmitom, kato515, Leafy, Panzerman, gijohnny223, bobbyfenn, Johnnymenudo, newblkrifle, Dread Pirate Roberts, Cleatus and, OLY-M4gery - just to name a few...
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:43:35 AM EDT
[#1]
No offence, but on Valentines day some poor schmucks have to appease the womenz. Good luck to y'all.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:50:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell them you also want CCW reciprocity with Texas.  I have relatives in WI.

What happened with the single-shot only BS?

edited to add (from Website):
[b]IF MICHIGAN CAN GET CONCEALED CARRY, SO CAN WE! [/b]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude:

Don't be talking to me like I've been dragging my @ss.  The past few months I've been spending a up to 10 hours a week on the computer sending out letters [b]and sending pre-printed letters to others so they simply need to sign and send[/b].  My wife's firm has been picking up the tab on supplies and postage.  If everyone's been sending the stuff in that I send them, I'm partly responsible for 100's of letters getting to the Assembly and Senate from all over Wisconsin.

See my thread at [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=91465[/url] for details on writing letters.  I will extend the pre-printed letter offer to anyone here who for whatever reason isn't able to write their own letters (though I agree with Dolomite, if you knock off AR15.com for one night you can get letters out for you, your wife, and your family friends -- I know 'cause I've done it).  Email me to take me up on this.  Give me full name and address.

These public meetings are very important, but it is also important for these senators to know that they will lose votes if they don't support the PPA.

I will meet you all at the Capitol March 5, 2002.  I don't think that a time has been set yet, so check [url]www.wisconsinconcealedcarry.com[/url] for updates.

Now is the time for action.  We don't know who our governor will be next legislative session, so this may be our last realistic chance for a while.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
......You got time to post here, you got time to drag your greasy, camo-clad ass to a public hearing that will be vital in determining whether or not your state is going to allow you to legally defend yourself and/or family out on the street.....
View Quote

Might want to leave the camo at home.  Better impression on the press.

I sure hope you guys can make a difference.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Using V.D. as an excuse for not making it to the Waukesha meeting is just not valid.  It's only 1:00 to 5:00 PM.  Just swoop by the VFW on your way home for work.  

You'll have plenty of time to swing by Pic n' Save and pick up the required boquet of carnations, a bottle of Boone's Farm Tickle Pink, and a pack of Trojan Ribbed.  Then, after porking out at the local Chinese Buffet, you'll be able to relax and give your special one the most thrilling five minutes of her life KNOWING that you've done [b]your[/b] part for our cause.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#6]
All props to Corey.  That's a great tactic!  I hope folks DO take you up on your offer!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:45:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Corey and fellow WI'ites.  I'm away on a mil pcs right now.  Thanks for taking care of business.
kp
(Independent Republic of Alabama if you where wondering).
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm already involved with local activists for CCW here in Madtown.  It's 50-50 if I can make the Capitol rally, though, as work is pretty heavy right now!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:07:33 AM EDT
[#9]
All props to Corey. That's a great tactic! I hope folks DO take you up on your offer!
View Quote

Well, actually I'd hope that people would be motivated enough to write their own letter (means more than a form letter).  But, I'm providing this for those who for whatever reason need some assistance (i.e., can't print out letters at work, etc.).

But Dick Baker has told me by email (I've never met him, but would like to shake his hand and thank him) that handwritten letters are worth more than form letters.  They've started handing out addressed postage paid postcards at gun shows and ask people to simply write a line such as "Please support SB357" or something to that effect.

So, I'll send out form letters because it's better than nothing.  But it literally means more to scrawl "Support the Personal Protection Act" on a cocktail napkin and send it in.  Maybe I should be sending out postage paid postcards....
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#10]
"The best defense is to put up no defense- give them what they want."

from: "Guns Don't Die: People Do", p. 125, author: the late Pete Shields,
former President of Handgun Control, Inc.
-- Theory disproved 9/11/2001
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#11]
SOOOOOOOOO,

what happened in Eau Claire today?

I WILL be at Waukesha Thursday.  How long should I expect it to take, will there be an opportunity to speak, etc.?

I'll have to email Dick Baker and see what he thinks I should (and most importantly, shouldn't) say.  Maybe he'll just tell me not to say anything at all.  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top