I need some real help here. I was given a
proposition today. In the near future I will
have access to an unlimited supply of .223
(5.56)FREE!! (It's legal also) I am mulling
over buying an AR and some mags hopefully
for a good price but I don't know very much
about them. Most all of my rifle knowledge
is about AK's and FAL's. I keep hearing a
lot of bad things about the AR's(jam-o-matic etc) and I don't want to get stuck with a bad
one. I want a short one,(just like the look)
but which one??? Bushmaster,Colt,Olympic
something else??? Also mags,best,worse,etc.
I had a couple of other projects going but I put them on hold to finance this one if I decide to go ahead. Any Ideas??????

Link Posted: 3/16/2001 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a Colt-preban green label if you can come up with the dough
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
First choice would be a Green Label Colt. Close second would be a preban Bushmaster. After that, a SP1 Colt and then a Blue Label Colt.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Care to share your supplier of free 223 ??[:D][:D]

COLTSHORTY

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Being an AK guy I am sure that you would see the ignorance of buying a preban.  Tough to justify the $ for a stock that retracts a few inches and a flash hider.  That being said buy a postban Colt Carbine or a Bushmaster Carbine.  Get one factory assembled and you'll be kicking ass.  Should be about $600-$800 or you can just get yourself a SAR3!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had nothing but cood luck with my Bushy, and all my USGI mags have never jammed on me.
[uzi]
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Do NOT buy a postban Colt. Non-milspec parts and holes, poor quality control and zero customer service.  If you're going for a postban, get a Bushmaster or Armalite.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an armalite 20"barrel have shot many rounds through it with no jams i use the gi mags go with the armalite or bushmaster.The jam problems were mainly with the first ars in vietnam but have come a long way since.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy a Rock River, only $660.
Unlimited supply of .223? I need a drool cup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top