Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2002 1:57:10 PM EDT
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/local/wwbt/m145248.asp[/url]

Charlotte Co. zeros in on Muslims of America compound
County supervisors say Muslim group delinquent on taxes and violating zoning laws.

Rob Richardson, NBC12 News

Charlotte Co., VA, Feb. 5 - It has been less than a week since we first broke the story of a group in Charlotte County Virginia with suspected terrorist ties and tonight, that investigation is already expanding. This comes as Charlotte County administrators prepare to take the first action against the Muslims of America compound. Charlotte County said today, that the Muslims of America are delinquent on their property taxes and also point to zoning violations.

Supervisors heard presentations on Muslims of America then met in closed session with the FBI. The county is increasingly concerned about what to do with the 40 to 60 people inside the compound. The county sheriff, social services and the health department are involved.
        "We didn't get any firm details. Obviously it is still an ongoing investigation and the people who are doing the investigation can't share the details with us. We feel confident that they are protecting the interest of the citizens. We're doing everything we can to make sure that all citizens of Charlotte County's health safety and welfare are being upheld to the best of our ability," one board member said.
          Law enforcement and experts have repeatedly said that the Muslims of America compound in Charlotte County is "violent and has terrorist links to its Pakistani leader Shiek  Jilani. What type of action Charlotte County will take has yet to be decided.
       The ATF has confirmed that a second smaller compound is located in neighboring Prince Edward County.

Link Posted: 2/6/2002 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
BBQ time!!

If it were Americans the ATF would roast them for sure.  Being a down trodden minority, PC requires gentle measures.  (My ass!)
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Janet Reno could yet make a comeback.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell, I wouldn't mind hooking them up myself.  It pisses me off to think about terrorist scum living in my state.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hell, I wouldn't mind hooking them up myself.  It pisses me off to think about terrorist scum living in my state.
View Quote

So you just want to be sure they get a fair trial and a speedy hanging??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top