Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/5/2002 1:52:59 PM EDT
I got a neighbor across the street with two annoying Australian Sheperds. These dogs bark all day from 7:30 AM until evening, locked in a cramped back yard. I work late (finish around 12-2 AM)and sleep late. I'm tired of dealing with these dogs. As it is, I wear two different kinds of ear plugs and my gun muffs. Still I am awakened every morning by the yappy little shit's piercing barks. "RARARARA-RA-RA-RA-RA-[size=4]...RAAAAA-RA-RA-RA[/size] RA-RARARAAAAAAraruuuff-ruuuuff-RUFFF... ...RA-RA-RA [size=4]...RA-RA-RA-RA-RA-RA-RuuuuRRR-RUP RUP"[/size] I can't deal with it any more. I wake up with a pounding heart, I'm tired all the time from not getting a good nights sleep. I want these dogs gone. Now, I've already talked about this somewhere else. I weighed my options, and decided not to follow through on anything that would be illegal (though I would immensly prefer it). I went ahead and contacted Animal control per their instructuions. Now I am waiting for a reply. Yesterday I walked over to the offending neighbor's house and tried to talk with them as well. No one was home, the little shit dogs were trying to jump the fence, snapping at me. This was in the morning right after they had woke me up. I looked around, no one was watching...so I opened the door, charged the dogs. Hurled a brick at one,...missed. The dogs look at me, they sensed my anger and bolted for cover. One of them is whimpering, looking into the house for it's owner. As I aproached with my belt now drawn, the dog started to shake, sensing the slow approach of death, then it pissed itself. Now both of them were whining. These two miserable shits that seconds ago were trying to snap my head off were reduced to quivering, scared, overgrown rats. Now more than ever, I wanted to whip the shit out of them with my belt. But I refrained. If you saw these dogs believe me you'd want to beat them too. Prissy long haired, yuppie accessories. Little foo-foo rat dogs that deserve to be stepped on and smashed. Still, I have a dog myself, one that I had to give to my parents so because the building that I live in wouldn't allow it. Anyways, an opportunity has popped up and I wanted your opinion on whther I should follow up on it. Or whether it's too evil. While walking down to my garage, my manager noted there was a large dying mouse trpped by our cars. He didn't know what to do, i offered to get rid of it and he left. Now I have a dying rat, some D-Con, and a little incentive. It WOULD work, and given the evidence, I'd get away. Hell, the rats probably loaded with D-Con as it is. The problem, is that I sent my letter to Animal Control just yesterday, making me a prime suspect. What should I do ?
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:02:00 PM EDT
Since you haven't talked to owners and immediately think you have the right to tresspass I would say you are out of line. If I caught you in my yard trying to kill my dogs I would beat the crap out of you or worse. Settle down and wait for the animal control to act.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:05:03 PM EDT
I would not trespass on their property, throw a brick at their animals, beat them with your belt or harm them in any other way. I would hate to see someone attempt to harm my animals in the manner that you tried to harm those dogs. You need to keep your cool and follow the proper legal options. Brian
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:05:38 PM EDT
I understand your frustration. My neighbors dog also has a problem with neruotic barking, and when tired, angry and lacking of peace, I too have considered taking it out. But, you should wait for animal control, or call the police so they could issue a noise citation.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:05:59 PM EDT
Dogs bark. That's what they do. Don't kill 'em for thier POS owners are to blame for. It's [b]WAR[/b] alright. Just set your site on the right target. I saw your post on AK-47.net and I don't blame you one bit for your frustration. There's nothing worse than incessant barking dogs 24/7. Talk to the owners. Call the Cops ten times a day until something gets done. Get an electronic trainers to curb barking. Steal the dogs as a last resort and take them to a human association saying they were running in traffic. Don't kill them though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:19:44 PM EDT
in my opinion , Mk1iii has the best idea. don't blame the bastard dogs, blame the owner. the dogs are just doing what dogs do. the electronic dog trainer/zapper thingy worked for a friend of mine in a similar situation, however you have to be within range for it to work, check cabela's website or similar for the specs.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:21:55 PM EDT
I heard people having luck with Super Soakers.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:26:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Green_Furniture: I heard people having luck with Super Soakers.
View Quote
Yep, super soakers filled with gasoline followed up with a bb gun shooting strike anywhere match heads. [}:D]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:26:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2002 2:26:47 PM EDT by Major-Murphy]
Try this product: [url]www.killbarkingdog.com[/url]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 3:01:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 3:22:04 PM EDT
Record the barking. Call the Sheriff. Play tape for Deputy AND neighbor. Problem solved! At least that's how it worked for me. Really!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 3:26:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2002 3:48:20 PM EDT by Maddog50]
I agree that unruly, loud, or loose animals can be a pain. I have been accosted by loose animals while walking my dogs many times. BUT, I think the original poster was way out of line. If this were to have happened at night, a person in Texas could not be righteously convicted if he chose to use deadly force to terminate an act of "criminal mischeif during the nighttime". He could, say, whip out the old hunting rifle, slowly put the crosshairs over your brainstem, and let one fly. And walk. Would I do that? Certainly not. But we're not talking about what you or I would do in said neighbor's shoes. All that aside, some people can get very emotional over their property, their pets, or their children. Don't take any criminal retaliation lightly.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:09:34 PM EDT
By entering his yard you were way out of line. If I had been in the shower or something, then come out to see a guy in my yard chasing my dogs or throwing things at him, I would AUTOMATICALLY assume he was chasing my dogs off so he could get into the house unbitten. If I didn't shoot him right off the bat, I would sure as hell pull a gun on him. You were lucky, man. Secondly, don't kill the damn dogs. Please continue to pursue legal methods.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:11:52 PM EDT
Dungus, except for the fence and type of dogs, that's almost the exact same problem I have. My neighbor has two "Benji" dogs they refuse to control. I've carried one of them home twice after it ran [i]into[/i] my house. The other one has stolen hamburgers from my grill more than once. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about them. The owner called the police after the last time I carried the dog back to him. The sheriff's department in the county I live-in didn't respond the last time I was with someone that had their car broken into, but they took the time to stop by my house three different times to warn me about animal abuse laws. I have never intentionally harmed an animal in my life. I don't hunt, and nothing against you guys that do, but I don't consider it right to hunt for sport. But, I still had to listen to their lecture. My name is on a police report, so if anything happens, I'll probably get a fourth visit. According to the local paper, there are over 1,500 car break-ins a month in the unincorporated (rural) areas of the county, and these guys have time to read brochures (printed by PETA) to old men.z
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:28:23 PM EDT
Whoever posted the link for the bark breaker THANKS ! All I try to see if that works. To all the "If I were your neighbor I'd kick your ass and shoot you"...no you wouldn't, but that's cute that you think you could ;). There's a reason those dogs were pissing themselves. This isn't some rural hick town in buttfuck Texas either. I'm dealing with latte drinking, cell phone toting, German SUV driving, entertainment industry types that would sue me for for all my $2 before they shot or laid a finger on me. I was trying to contact them, and they weren't home. Did I not make that clear enough ?
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:28:57 PM EDT
Ya think the neighbors will eat the rat??
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:29:55 PM EDT
Have you really tried to talk to the neighbor or at least left a note, about the barking. Most owner do not know of the problem or are at home during the barking. As someone that has gone to court many times on barking dog cases, are you willing to take the day off of work or sleep, if not do not even call Animal Control. If you are willing to go to court make sure you have a good case; start a bark log and write down the date and time the dogs bark, call Animal Control and let them give the owner a warning, 3 to 4 days later if the dogs are still barking call Animal Control back and do a 2nd complaint. Find out Animal Control's policy on barking dogs, (most allow citizen to do something like a citizen citation or some other type of court action) start to video tape the dogs barking (have the kind with date and time), talk to the other neighbors and try to get some of them willing to go to court (having other people complaining and testifying helps the Case), get as many people to go to court and tell/show the court that there is a problem (most of the time it is your word against the owner). It is all up to you, Animal Control will do their job but they do not live in the neighborhood and do not have a problem with the barking. You have to help them and provide the the evidences for court and then go to court.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:41:38 PM EDT
"......it's cute that you think you could, there is a reason the dogs were pissing themselves" Or some such BS. Judging from your response to the people telling you that you would possibly get harmed if you tresspassed and tried to kill their dogs your are obviously invincible. Good luck tough guy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:49:51 PM EDT
Get a bunch of your neigbors together and complain to the owner. If that don't help get the local PD involved. The more people that get involved, the higher the probability someone in govt will do something.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:10:34 PM EDT
I just asked a local guy, who worked for Animal Control until he had to retire early due to a heart condition, what to do. He said call and say it sounds like the dogs are being neglected. If they bark all of the time, there could be a good reason, like lack of attention, or the need for food or water. He said that in my case, where the dogs try to get into the trash and house, the dogs are usually hungry. I've never had a pet, so I don't know much about these things, but it does sound reasonable. Dungus, you might want to try the "I'm worried about those poor dogs" angle. You might get further.z
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:38:28 PM EDT
Had a neighbor across the street from us with a little noisy white mop looking dog that they left out from 6am till dinnertime, they were at work and never heard it going on. Barked nonstop all day. I worked nights at a bar couldn't get any sleep. I shot the little fucker with a pellet rifle like 4 pumps at forty yards with a Benjamin every time he'd go into a long barking session. He yelped and cried and then he shut up. After a few times he never barked again. I figured he associated the barking with the pain. What you need to do is try the legal method first. But seriously don't get caught in the neighbors yard. Dog owner's are fierce. Once when I was 16 or 17 the guy down the street dragged my springer up the street yelping because he jumped the fence and chased a rabbit into his yard and killed it. He was yelling and going on beating my dog in front of me. I said fuck you lets go. He said I can't loose my house for hitting a minor. I said I wont tell if you don't. He left threatening to kill my dog. You know what happened? A few months later over the course of a few weeks someone poured Zip Strip all over his nice new Taurus, silently broke all his car windows out with a spring punch, and poured fox piss into the cowl, spray painted his driveway with foul language, filled balloons with green and yellow paint and threw them on his roof. To add insult to injury they poured weed killer all over his lawn and most of it died. He called the cops but they just asked me if I knew anything about it I said no! Never even looked at me again after that. I can't see why he thought I would do such a thing. I wish I was older and bigger. I would have cleaned his clock. But I was a scrawny teenager!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:40:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2002 9:40:36 PM EDT by M4]
Originally Posted By Dungus: I weighed my options, and decided not to follow through on anything that would be illegal (though I would immensly prefer it). ...I looked around, no one was watching...so I opened the door, charged the dogs. Hurled a brick at one,...missed. The dogs look at me, they sensed my anger and bolted for cover. One of them is whimpering, looking into the house for it's owner. As I aproached with my belt now drawn, the dog started to shake, sensing the slow approach of death, then it pissed itself. Now both of them were whining. These two miserable shits that seconds ago were trying to snap my head off were reduced to quivering, scared, overgrown rats. Now more than ever, I wanted to whip the shit out of them with my belt. But I refrained. If you saw these dogs believe me you'd want to beat them too. Prissy long haired, yuppie accessories. Little foo-foo rat dogs that deserve to be stepped on and smashed.
View Quote
A)You've already done something illegal, its called trespassing. B)I wouldn't be so quick to judge your neighbors as you have. I live in a pretty yuppie area, but not always. I've lived in a wide variety of places in my life, tough neighborhoods included. Someone would be making a serious mistake to characterize me as you have of your neighbors. Seeing someone trespass on my property throwing bricks at my dog, then approaching him with a belt would get a VERY hostile response from me, that's for damn sure. I'm 6'1, 200 and not the largest human being, or the meanest, but someone comes at me, my property or pets like that and I'll knock them in to next week. If I can't, I have "tools" that can. I'd choose a different approach than that in the future if I were you. Attacking a dog for being a dog makes no f*ckin' sense, especially since it's on its own property. It's a human problem you have, not K9. C)There are breeds of dogs I wouldn't personally own, but I don't get the " I want to beat them, step on them and smash them" stuff you're getting so burned up over. Sounds like little fluffy dogs are just the start of your problems. Try catching yourself from time to time before flying off the deep end without a second thought. Deal with the owners, call the cops, call animal control.....it will work. Beating the shit out of small dogs, or poisoning them is the sign of someone who has no ability to control themselves. Makes a barking dog look pretty reasonable in comparison.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:11:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2002 10:23:06 PM EDT by Dungus]
[b]"A)You've already done something illegal, its called trespassing."[/b] If I want to talk to the owners, I will eventually have to knock on their front door. If I want to get to their front door, I have to enter their yard. Some of you guys are getting hung up on minor details, I'm guessing because you are inconsiderate dog owners with a yappy fag dog ? Trying to work an angle because you feel guilty as well ? Whatever, to those that offered useful advice, thanks. Dealing with animal control sounds like more of a pain in the ass than I thought.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:06:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2002 11:12:48 PM EDT by reddobie]
Originally Posted By Dungus: [b]"A)You've already done something illegal, its called trespassing."[/b] If I want to talk to the owners, I will eventually have to knock on their front door. If I want to get to their front door, I have to enter their yard. Some of you guys are getting hung up on minor details, I'm guessing because you are inconsiderate dog owners with a yappy fag dog ? Trying to work an angle because you feel guilty as well ? Whatever, to those that offered useful advice, thanks. Dealing with animal control sounds like more of a pain in the ass than I thought.
View Quote
If you went to the front door with no gates in the front yard, then you were not trespassing. If you entered a side/back yard, where the dogs were kept. You may have been trespassing. Also you stated the neighborhood you lived in,
This isn't some rural hick town in buttfuck Texas either. I'm dealing with latte drinking, cell phone toting, German SUV driving, entertainment industry types that would sue me for for all my $2 before they shot or laid a finger on me.
View Quote
These are the type of neighbors that would have video camera in their yard or on their house. And you never know what neighbor has a video camera going behind their dark windows. And Yes, at this time it is a minor detail. They may be an inconsiderate dog owner or they may not know about the barking.
Dealing with animal control sounds like more of a pain in the ass than I thought.
View Quote
And YES it is a pain in the A$$, but it is government and [b]with government you get the RED tape.[/b] Do it the right way and work with Animal Control. If the owner is a inconsiderate dog owner, the only way to stop it, is through their wallet, in [b]Criminal and Civil Court.[/b] [b]An Animal Control Officer for over 20 years[/b]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:46:46 PM EDT
I'd hate to be a neighbor of yours that plays loud music. [B)]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:49:12 PM EDT
Big tough guy, you can scare the shit out of a couple of little dogs. You think that you could walk into my backyard and fuck with my dogs without meeting either Mr. AR15, Mr. 12 gauge or Mr. .40 and have me back down then I say bring it on. Keep it smart, call animal control, call the police, call the SPCA, call the pound. Are two little yapping dogs worth losing your freedom or your life over?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 2:37:36 AM EDT
I own an aussie shepherder myself, and got one more on the way. THey aint faggy and they aint yuppy, you dont know your dogs bud...these dogs were bred to herd. Its too bad the owners who live next door to you suck but hey what can ya do....I would suggest following Major Murphys advice...he seems to have a great head on his shoulders and I've never seen him steer anyone wrong. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 3:58:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Dungus: If you saw these dogs believe me you'd want to beat them too.
View Quote
No I don’t believe you. I would not want to beat something that is helpless.
Prissy long haired, yuppie accessories. Little foo-foo rat dogs that deserve to be stepped on and smashed.
View Quote
It sounds like you have other issues and if it wasn’t the Dogs it would be something else.
Still, I have a dog myself, one that I had to give to my parents so because the building that I live in wouldn't allow it.
View Quote
Ahhhhhhh! You can’t have a dog so no one should!
What should I do ?
View Quote
Take some anger management classes and get a life. -Velveeta
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:09:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Dungus: To all the "If I were your neighbor I'd kick your ass and shoot you"...no you wouldn't, but that's cute that you think you could ;). There's a reason those dogs were pissing themselves.
View Quote
Actually, sweetheart, if you came onto my property and harmed my dog, I'd skip the asskick. That said, I wouldn't let my dogs behave in this fashion, so I understand why you're pissed...but coming onto someone elses' property and killing their dogs? NFW. I know how I'd respond to that. QS
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:10:25 AM EDT
Dungus.. Be polite. Speak to the neighbors calmly. Try to resolve the issue with them first. If that fails call every governmental agency that might have jurisdiction. They may be able to pressure the neighbors into taking some action to at least ameliorate the situation. If all that fails, do what you have to do. Carefully. BTDT.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:15:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 12:01:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2002 12:05:24 PM EDT by Dungus]
Neighbor's dog = yappy little piece of shit fag dog Velveeta = yappy little fag, crappy cheese substitute. I'm starting to see the connection.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 12:13:50 PM EDT
Dungus, Looks like you are not a reasonable man. If you had read every single response with success in mind, then Major Murphy's post would have been the best way to go. Too bad you elected to resort to name calling and rude behavior. Good Luck.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 12:16:59 PM EDT
Dungbeetle, The neighbors don't like it when you skip your meds...
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 12:35:05 PM EDT
[b]"As I aproached with my belt now drawn, the dog started to shake, sensing the slow approach of death, then it pissed itself"[/b] HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Seriously though...the squeaky wheel DOES get the grease. Call 911 twenty times a day. Popo will eventaully get soooo pissed off they WILL respond and attempt to contact the dogs owner. At the very least they'll probably leave a citation. Then...call some more!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 12:43:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul:
Originally Posted By Dungus: Whoever posted the link for the bark breaker THANKS ! All I try to see if that works. To all the "If I were your neighbor I'd kick your ass and shoot you"...no you wouldn't, but that's cute that you think you could ;). There's a reason those dogs were pissing themselves. This isn't some rural hick town in buttfuck Texas either. I'm dealing with latte drinking, cell phone toting, German SUV driving, entertainment industry types that would sue me for for all my $2 before they shot or laid a finger on me. I was trying to contact them, and they weren't home. Did I not make that clear enough ?
View Quote
[rolleyes] bullet proof and smart huh?
View Quote
Based upon Dungus's description of the neighborhood and the type of neighbors and his own admitted acts, you've just got to wonder how much it drove the property values down when he moved into the neighborhood, huh?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 12:49:32 PM EDT
WOW! Your a friggin nut job aren`t you. I suggest you get some counseling. SOON
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 12:57:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2002 12:58:57 PM EDT by jobux]
Dungus, I have seen some real morons come & go on this board, but you take the cake! These aren't "minor details" people are bitching about. You've already admitted to trespassing & are now thinking about killing someone's pets b/c they deigned to annoy you. Man, I so hope the owner of those dogs also owns firearms. I would pay to watch you piss yourself, the way you made those dogs do the same, as their owner draws down on you. Throwing a brick at another man's dog, on another man's property, while he's not even around! You are a *ussy, plain & simple.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:31:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2002 4:36:05 PM EDT by Dungus]
Uh-huh hmmhmmmm.... A bunch of tough guys who hide behind their computers AND their guns. Why did you respond to my thread again ? In between your "Jeez, your an asshole, how dare you get mad at a neighbors dog" and "I'm from Texas where real men don't set foot on another man's property and we shoot tresspassers" and "I'd shoot someone who knocked on my front door cause I'm scared of you" all I'm hearing is "I too am an asshole with an annoying yappy dog and I get defensive whenever someone points out how annoying yappy dogs are" or "I didn't like that you said "buttfuck Texas", where I happen to reside" Mister [>Q]. Who's irrational again ? Jesus christ, Andro Gel and Xanax for the lot of you. What a bunch of uptight cry babies, thanks for offering nothing but annoying whining to my thread. Typical AR15.com bullshit, get a fucking grip.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:45:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:49:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Dungus: Neighbor's dog = yappy little piece of shit fag dog Velveeta = yappy little fag, crappy cheese substitute. I'm starting to see the connection.
View Quote
Ouch! I am so hurt that a man who is so low on the food chain as to compete with dogs for dominance thinks I am a yappy little fag. Of course I know fags that are more man than to have to throw bricks at caged dog’s to feel like man. [;)] But if we look deeper we see the real problem:
This isn't some rural hick town in buttfuck Texas either. I'm dealing with latte drinking, cell phone toting, German SUV driving, entertainment industry types that would sue me for for all my $2 before they shot or laid a finger on me. I was trying to contact them, and they weren't home. Did I not make that clear enough ?
View Quote
You are a loser and they are successful. You are jealous of their success so you have to try to get back at them for highlighting what a miserable little failure you are. You are not man enough to deal with people so caged dogs are an easier target of your jealous rage. Well keep talking behind your computer screen and attacking helpless animals and wait for that promotion at McDonald’s and we will continue to live like civil people in a society. Hey if you are good enough at terrorizing dogs you could become the Osama Bin Laden of the Dog world. That will show them! [;)] Mom would be so proud. -Velveeta
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:43:32 AM EDT
In VA there has been a law signed making it a felony to kill pets. Personally I consider my lab as my "little girl" if someone were to throw a brick at her I would throw a hail of hot lead at them. I understand that the barking is an annoyance but use your head. If their kids were yelling and playing in the yard annoying you, would you do the same thing?????
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:59:06 AM EDT
Dungus, You have to remember that some people would have a tough decision on whether they would save their drowning dog or a drowning man if they had to choose between the two. I have run into such people before. You may get some surprising answers if you asked such a question on this site. I suspect we may have such people posting in this thread. I have fantasized about blowing the heads off barking rodents in my neighborhood. However, I never would. But it's nice to dream. I'm sure your probably the same way. I would talk to the owners and then make their lives hell if they didn't do anything about it. BTW, it's funny how a moderator must tell us he kills people, implies he would do the same to Dungus, and then talk about maturity. Nice :D However, I know how pets came be just like family to some people and just as important as a human life.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:14:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2002 7:18:35 AM EDT by Spearweasel]
Dungus, this is the part of the movie where the prudent Dungus [:\] stops replying to the thread, stops puffing and blustering, and stops whining about "AR15.COM" bullshit when he really doesn't have the postcount to make an educated judgement about it. Likewise, the prudent Dungus [:\] calls the authorities and talks to the neighbors rather than harming canine rats. The Imprudent Dungus, [:K] of which I know you are not he, continues to reply to the angry people on the thread, and continues to talk about dog-clobbery long after he left behind whatever feet he had to stand on, back when he was just a stressed out average guy with annoying dogs next door, rather than "Dungus the Dreadful, Destroyer of Dumb Dogs and Daring Dachsunds"[%|]. Pick your fights better, Dungus. Decide if you are Prudent Dungus [:\] or Imprudent Dungus [:K]. This one will go on and on until you or the rest of the participants gets bored with it, or you get banned, or your partially devoured carcass is found the next morning by your neighbors, with the two barking rats sitting with full bellies beside it and the brick you meant to throw before they fell upon you and ate you. Much love and peace.[}:D]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:52:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:55:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:01:14 AM EDT
Dogs next door and across the street would bark at all hours, day or night. I finally got tired of it and let them have it with the BB gun. Just shot them in the ass at low velocity (three pumps). Only took a couple of times. Now when they bark, all I do is shake the BB gun and they immediately get quiet. I know they are dogs, and dogs bark, but I've seen better-trained dogs. As far as killing them, or permanent damage, no way. Talking with the owners didn't help, and Animal Control only comes when I report an alligator in the back yard. End result... dogs don't bark as much and no-one gets hurt.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:06:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MC_Man: Dogs next door and across the street would bark at all hours, day or night. I finally got tired of it and let them have it with the BB gun. Just shot them in the ass at low velocity (three pumps). Only took a couple of times. Now when they bark, all I do is shake the BB gun and they immediately get quiet. I know they are dogs, and dogs bark, but I've seen better-trained dogs. As far as killing them, or permanent damage, no way. Talking with the owners didn't help, and Animal Control only comes when I report an alligator in the back yard. End result... dogs don't bark as much and no-one gets hurt.
View Quote
Actually not a bad way to do it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:37:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2002 8:38:53 AM EDT by mini14jac]
Dungus, I'm on the verge of having to deal with a similar situation with my neighbor. Two beautiful Collies, in a small pen. Part of my problem is, I haven't gone to the trouble of meeting my neighbors yet. I feel guilty about that. I hate for our first meeting to be me griping about their dogs. No man is an island, and there may come a time when I will need my neighbors. I love dogs, but I don't have one. I don't think you should be allowed to own one, if you are not willing to take care of it. I have a cat that I don't love at all,(long story), but I agree with a previous poster; If my cat was drowning, and Dungus was drowning, you save the human, no contest. I have had the same fantasies that anyone has when awakened in the middle of the night by barking dogs. Will I act on them? No. A coworker bought the little device for dog training. I guess it puts out some kind of sound. He put it behind a bush in his yard, pointing across the street at the dog. When the dog would bark, he would point at the dog with one hand, while activating the remote with the other. Soon all he had do was point at the dog, then it quit barking. Now, it doesn't bark. I thought that was a creative response. Yes, the problem is the owners, but people can be difficult to deal with. As for the person that did all of the vandalism as a teen; I would have had a video camera waiting for you. You are not really proud of your actions, are you? One thing I have learned in 40+ years: it comes back around pal. When your stuff is getting trashed, remember your misspent youth.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:13:48 AM EDT
I understand the frustration, but don't take it out on the dogs. If they knew what a drawn belt is all about, they probably have been abused. They need a new home where dogs are well-treated. The present owners are the problem! Have the law come down on them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:33:57 AM EDT
"I didn't like that you said "buttfuck Texas", where I happen to reside" Mister[:K] Look here dung_us...You obviously don't know anyone one from TEXAS...because if you did you would already know that we have a couple of things that we do different... We drink Kool-Aid and kick @$$! Looks like we are gettin' low on Kool-Aid![}:)] We sure as heck don't go around telling others what we may or may not do to other's or their pest's! If the dogs got out of their pen and got ran over then your problem would be temporarily solved. Big(Don'tMessWithTexas)Dozer66
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top