Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2002 7:39:23 AM EDT
For any hardcore fans in the Austin area, SLAYER will be at Tower Records, 2402 Guadalupe, 512-478-5711, at 5:00.

Wish I was closer - I'd be there.

Get to see them Thursday night at the Bronco Bowl in Dallas!

Tate
I'm the one that brings you war
Infiltrate unguarded shores
Master of ifflicting pain
Point is where all die
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#1]
"This one goes to eleven."
--David St. Hubbins
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a shame garandman doesn't live in TX. I'm sure he'd love to meet those guys.
[img]www.diabolus.net/Art/diabolusL.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:40:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Good for g-man [;)]

Dittohead........
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I live in Austin, but I think I'll MISS this one....

heheh

:)
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Think I'll pass, too
Borg
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Slayer isn't the same since they got into that SLipknot shit in an attempt to stay "modern" (sell rex to baggy pants idiots).

But live they still kick much ass when they play old stuff like Chemical Warfare and Angel of Death.

Saw 'em on the Diabolus.... tour. Near the front of the amps. WHAT?!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#7]
If you're not into hardcore, I understand.  If you're into hardcore and not going, no comprende??

What headbanger couldn't love a band screaming a song about how f*cked up our revolving door criminal justice system is?

The valiant, yet misguided efforts of the German Army fighting for a cause that not all of them agreed with in WWII?

Another about emptying M16 mags into a military enemy?

Crossed SKS rifle logo on one of their t-shirts - another with a skeleton made of belted rifle ammo.

I like.  Tate like.  Tate like a lot.

There will be no handholding or singing of "kumbaya" thursday night....heh heh heh.......

Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Carpet bombing, that's the ticket. A side benefit will be in getting most of the University too. However, if we call for fire from a 155mm battery there is less of a chance of taking out my favorite Chinese restaurant.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe you can make it to the big Aaliyah show next week [:D]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maybe you can make it to the big Aaliyah show next week [:D]
View Quote

Where's that being held? Hell? She just died recently, didn't she?
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Aye - that's what makes attending the show all the harder!

For you guys who like your music a little more laid back:

[url]http://www.jesusone.com/dailyhymn/kumbayah.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I like hard driving music and heavy guitar... and I would not use slayer music to wipe my hind end with. What a bunch of satanic drooling talentless jackasses. What unutterable filth. There is not one thing they have done that is worth a plugged nickel. Nothing. Flame on ladies... flame on.

slayer... music fit only for mutants and barnyard animals to root in poop to

Dram out
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Dram - no flame here - just facts.

Like I told 9divdoc - Slayer sings about things that aren't pretty or pleasant - war, violence, rape, genocide, drugs, ect.  They don't "support" the stuff.  Supposed to make you think.

Kind of like a lib saying you support "death" since you own an "assault rifle".  Or "you drive a Vette because you're a dangerous speed freak".  Or "you like hunting because you "are a blood thirsty bastard who gets off on killing".

Judging without being informed.

Curious - what "hard" bands do you like?

I've never heard one that sings about fuzzy bunnies or butterflies, ect..

Tate
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:25:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I like hard driving music and heavy guitar... and I would not use slayer music to wipe my hind end with. What a bunch of satanic drooling talentless jackasses. What unutterable filth. There is not one thing they have done that is worth a plugged nickel. Nothing. Flame on ladies... flame on.

Dram out [image]http://www.plauder-smilies.de/person/ymca.gif[/image]
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 4:35:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Dram out
View Quote

I smell a faggot ass Winger fan...

Slayer rules all over your mother.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#17]

if you really like "hard-driving music with heavy guitars"  chances are the bands you listen to were influenced by Slayer.  one of the only bands who hasn't let their music turn to shit as they get old.  the new cd is awesome!
Sssssssslllllllaaaaaaaaaaayyyeeeerrrrrrrrr!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:06:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I appreciate their effort, but I think they've lost a bit of what made them great.  I saw them 10 or so years ago with Testament - great show.

Who drumming for them now, still that Paul Bostaph guy who replaced Lombardo?

DrMark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top