Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2002 7:26:40 AM EDT
Yesterday afternoon, I decided to go and see Black Hawk Down (again), and I went with another AR15.com member (KnockItOff), who was seeing the movie for the first time. She really liked it – of course [:D]

She had already borrowed the book from me and read it, so she knew all about it.

As the credits were rolling and the lights came on, I look over and happen to notice that another AR15.com member (Bill), and IDPA shooter, was sitting one row away from us. I strolled over and we exchanged greetings, talked a little about the movie, ect.

It’s just kinda cool to run into other “Brothers In Arms” out in public.

This kind of stuff happen to anyone else?

Tyler
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#1]
You guys wear name tags or something?  I wouldn't know another AR15.com member without them wearing at least a T shirt.  I've dropped the name at the range seeing if anyone else was a poster, but so far just Waverunner and Shrem, through arrangements through this board.  EPDMedic is next.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw BHD with the lovely Mrs. Jarhead, lordtrader, mojo and colinjay. Here in Texas we have fairly regular meetings of the faithful.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Its always great to meet board members. I've had the pleasure of meeting most of the SoCal and NoTX crew. BHD was a pretty good mtg, we added colinjay to the mix
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#4]
That's f**king cool! I wish I knew more members around here.

Tyler
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:07:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Come to the Black Rifle Convention folk's and we can all put a face to the names. [smoke]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#7]
What... you don't know the secret signal, sign, haircut or such Vinnie? We are kinda like Masons and can always spot another member

IAJack
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Tyler
View Quote

Might I suggest attending the Black Rifle Convention in June?  You know Indiana brothers will be there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#9]
If anyone in South Florida ever feels like getting together for a shoot, or just a beer or two, let me know.....love to meet some of my AR15.com neighbors.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#10]
anybody in san antonio???

i know there is texastactical (really cool dude - runs the IDPA sessions in SA and Johnson City)

anybody else?
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If anyone in South Florida ever feels like getting together for a shoot, or just a beer or two, let me know.....love to meet some of my AR15.com neighbors.
View Quote

How far 'south' in South Florida.  I'm in Tampa.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#12]
The only time I meet AR15.com members is down at Ottawa.

I shoot at Bristol every now and then, but still have yet to meet C-Rock. I think he's just a myth.

Av.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Haven't met any one from here yet, although I have been seeing the guys from VA post on here...even wore my Molon Labe hat at the gunshows here in Richmond and no one said a thing..maybe I need one of those AR-15.com T-shirts.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Haven't met any one from here yet, although I have been seeing the guys from VA post on here...even wore my Molon Labe hat at the gunshows here in Richmond and no one said a thing..maybe I need one of those AR-15.com T-shirts.
View Quote

Maybe next time I'll catch you.  I was only there for an hour or so last time.  I bet I've interacted with a few members but they didn't know it.  I don't think any of you would ever pick me out.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tyler
View Quote

Might I suggest attending the Black Rifle Convention in June?  You know Indiana brothers will be there.
View Quote

Of course I plan to go to the convention! I look foreword to meeting as many of my worldwide "brothers" as I can! [:D]

Tyler
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#16]
So Tyler, where is around here?  There are a couple of us in the norhtern part of Indiana that are starting to get together more often.  

Feel free to mail me off line if you like.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yesterday afternoon, I decided to go and see Black Hawk Down (again), and I went with another AR15.com member (KnockItOff), who was seeing the movie for the first time. She really liked it – of course [:D]

She had already borrowed the book from me and read it, so she knew all about it.

As the credits were rolling and the lights came on, I look over and happen to notice that another AR15.com member (Bill), and IDPA shooter, was sitting one row away from us. I strolled over and we exchanged greetings, talked a little about the movie, ect.

It’s just kinda cool to run into other “Brothers In Arms” out in public.

This kind of stuff happen to anyone else?

Tyler
View Quote

I'm from IN too... hey, is KIO cute? [}:D]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I actually came to find out that Spearweasel works in my building!  Probably not more than 50 yards from me.  I yap with him a lot on AIM.  Haven't met any other local members, but I think it would be fun.  If we had a local shoot, I'd definitely try to go.  If any of the NoTex/Dallas area members get something together again, I may try to go.  Unfortunately, I will miss the BRC this year, but will definitely try to be in attendance next year!

M@
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Who all lives around the Dallas/FW area (besides me :) ?

im allways ready to put some .223 downrange
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#21]
You guys are on the right track. I see alot of posts from Georgia. The only AR15.Com person I know is Tippie. I would like to know more here. I don't know yet if I will make the convention.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Who all lives around the Dallas/FW area (besides me :) ?

im allways ready to put some .223 downrange
View Quote

Check the Meeting and Events Page for some details on a get together this weekend.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The only AR15.Com person I know is Tippie.  
View Quote

You have my condolences! [;)] Knowing Lew is definately an experience.  Another good guy to meet in the Atlanta area is Sweep. I got to hang out with these guys New Year's Eve.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I wore a AR15.com (made by Jessica)T shirt at the Shot Show and hoped to bump into you guys there. I recognized the pics of the Cav arms crew and the Bimbets' but that's it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Never met another member.  Starting to think I am the only one south of 70 in IL.  In all fairness though, my schedule doesnt allow me to get away much.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Have met AFARR and c-rock at Gun World in Bensenville.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#29]
I guess you guys are saying that members here really do exist in the real world and this is not just a figment of one's imagination. Well I'll be darn. Ain't tha sumthin.    [smoke]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I have met some people here but they just don't know it yet.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some of us know.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Lets see... I've met kc2001, jetflyer, subvertz, and Gr8Scott.  I think that is it so far.

[b][red][i]Libertas an Mortis![/b][/red][/i]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 1:09:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everytime I am at the kettlecorn stand, I gaze out at the crowd desperately seeking Imbroglio.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:01:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I wouldn't mind meeting or going to the range with any of the female board members from Florida. And if you also happen to be a stripper, I won't hold that against you. Just don't tell my wife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top