Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2002 10:03:25 PM EDT
Finishing my second read of Unintended Consequences and now I am furious again. And not just about our gun rights. Everything the government sticks it's hand into. With Bush in office our gun rights might not suffer any more damage but unless he is willing to lead what the left would consider an outrageous campaign to restore them, along with the SCOTUS making some clear cut, unambiguous rulings in favor of the 2nd, then I think we will see something like what happens in UC occur in less than 8 years. But I do not believe for a moment that we will see a regression of gun laws, especially the 94 AW law (sorry guys, we're stuck with it), either here in Californistan or the U.S. IMHO the conservatives of this country are too splintered to regain a clear cut majority and will only become more so. The Liberals will soon forget 9-11 and call for more legislation, restricting the Rights of free citizens to live freely and conduct business, and increasing the welfare state.

One thing that stood out in the book more for me this time than the first was when the decision was made to become "proactive". I've seen a lot of Cali bashing on this forum about us not taking up arms. To an extent maybe rightly so. But I also see an almost total unanimity of people saying they will do something "when they come for my guns". Well, I hate to be the one to tell you, but if we all wait until they actually come to take out guns it will be too late. At that time the laws, the courts, and more importantly the majority of the people, will be in favor of getting our guns and [i]anyone[/i] who resists will be nothing more than a common terrorist who [i]should[/i] be hunted down and destroyed.

Now I know that the majority of people on this board, and probably most who just readit, are members of the NRA, GOA, JFPO, etc. And many of us are not as happy with the results we are getting from those groups as we would want. If you don't like what you see, don't think the leadership is responsive to your demands. [b]GET OFF YOUR ASS AND YOU RUN FOR A SEAT ON THE BOARD![/B] Get more involved in your local NRA council. Make your voice heard. Go to the friggin meetings and speak out. Quit bitiching about the repeated requests for money and give them some. Money talks guys. Legislaters get bought by special interest groups and we are one of THE largest! Give your time and money now, or give your blood and life (and those of your loved ones) later.

I pologize if I sound like I'm ranting but that's what the book does to me.
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
We should all keep up the ranting!! The common people of this country and I mean (those that let the media tell what is...is) are too quick to let go our freedoms.  We must fight!  I find myself happy that firearms generally last about 100 years of use, but will they last the laws of those who want to take them away and make some smelted peace ornamet?

Link Posted: 2/4/2002 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top