Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/30/2002 12:55:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2002 2:53:37 PM EDT by 5subslr5]
I am truly in awe. The 11th grade biology class of the small high school I attended in rural Alabama will clone genes this Friday. (This isn't even an 'honors' class just the regular biology class.) The experiment (at least as much as I can understand) will be to take a bacteria not antibiotic resistant and clone it into one that will resist a particular antibiotic. I didn't realize this science had been pushed-down this far but I'm very proud of my old (and still poor) school. Even today the county where this school is located has a population of only about 18,000 people. (On to Europa, Mars and the stars !)
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 1:46:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2002 1:47:26 PM EDT by 5subslr5]
I knew I should have made this topic controversial instead of boring ! ------------------------------------------------ How about "11Th Grade class prepares to clone "Eric The Hun" on Friday !" [X] ________________________________________________ (That ought to do it.) [:D]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:24:30 PM EDT
Another small lie but so what. I'm proud of my little school. Besides this experiment is being supervised by my relative "10subslr10."
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:54:12 PM EDT
Reads were 39 at the time of my last lie.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:08:51 PM EDT
I have a feeling that the students at the little high school in Alabama that you attended have been cloning a whole lotta genes. Not just this next Friday! Eric The(Suspicious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:10:09 PM EDT
I find it disturbing that you have been carrying on a conversation with yourself for the last hour. [%|]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:18:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By big_guy: I find it disturbing that you have been carrying on a conversation with yourself for the last hour. [%|]
View Quote
Worse, it was dull and uninformative. However, as I plan to a reporter when I grow-up I did get some practice with totally untrue and unrelated but catchy headlines ! [:D] [:D]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:24:59 PM EDT
Alright, 5subslr5, you got my attention, just to discover what the acronyms were.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:01:42 PM EDT
Just to be a dickhead....that isn't really cloning (because if you're trying to induce antibiotic resistance into a successive generation, you're not creating an exact genetic copy of the original organism), but even selecting for/inducing antibiotic resistance is pretty high-speed stuff for a HS biology class. :) As a side note, where in AL are you from? (Rocket City native here)
Top Top