Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2002 2:25:01 PM EDT
after reading all of the good stuff about him, i was just wondering.

btw, is the firearms industry considered lucrative? considering many of the comments here, it seems as if a lot of dealers are working on thin margins and put up with a lot of political and legal grief.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
probably!  I had a small part in it too!  [:D]

If I don't hit the streets shortly(layoff), I'll be adding to his small fortune again!  
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Now that's funny!
I will tell you this.I am working on my 2nd. million since i gave up working on the first[:)]
This business is very high volume but very low profit and you are constantly having to pay more to get the right stuff.It's just not always available on sale at the wholesale level.
Sometimes i pay more to get it.I also bid high for limited product like the Lake city ball and green tip we have coming but i really wanted to get the bid.When a distributor has only a million or 2 of high demand ammo he will fish for the person who will pay the highest price.
Remember, our prices include shipping to your door with a 100% money back guarantee.Any questions call (856) 753-2500 before 2pm and my home office at (856) 778-7702
Closed Wed. We all take off to go to the movies on Wed. and last week saw and loved "Blackhawk down"
Thanks
Eric the ammoman
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now that's funny!
I will tell you this.I am working on my 2nd. million since i gave up working on the first[:)]
This business is very high volume but very low profit and you are constantly having to pay more to get the right stuff.It's just not always available on sale at the wholesale level.
Sometimes i pay more to get it.I also bid high for limited product like the Lake city ball and green tip we have coming but i really wanted to get the bid.When a distributor has only a million or 2 of high demand ammo he will fish for the person who will pay the highest price.
Remember, our prices include shipping to your door with a 100% money back guarantee.Any questions call (856) 753-2500 before 2pm and my home office at (856) 778-7702
Closed Wed. We all take off to go to the movies on Wed. and last week saw and loved "Blackhawk down"
Thanks
Eric the ammoman
View Quote

[i]He replies from his private jet...[/i] [;)]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#4]
If he provides a high quality product and great customer service, he deserves to be a millionaire.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey you know how to have a million selling ammo?  Start with 2 million and after a year or two you'll probably have a million left if your lucky...

Seriously, I'm sure I've helped Eric's retirement find.

Hugh aka R in the woods.

PS:  He's the only guy I buy ammo from!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
The Ammoman wrote:
I will tell you this.I am working on my 2nd. million since i gave up working on the first
View Quote

And in another thread, he said as a reply to someone complaining that their ammo was discoloured:
You want "pretty" bright shiny, take out to dinner ammo? Send it back and buy something else.
View Quote

Hilarious guy.  I just wish he hadn't resorted to a personal attack in another thread to a question about an order.z
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#7]
zoom:

He was probably referring to the fact that you could send the ammo back and get a refund.

I don't know of many (is there anyone else?) who does refunds on ammo.

I've only dealt with Eric through emails, but I'm always going to go back to him.  He's always been more than courteous to me.  And the ammo usually gets here within days.

Heck, I ordered ammo from him in September and was surprised it got there so quickly -- on 9/11/01.  Do you think I felt good about the service to have a case of .45ACP show up a few days early on that particular day?

Needless to say I think that you might be misinterpreting his post.  Have you ever ordered ammo from him?  Not a flame, just a questions.  Then maybe you'll see what we're all raving about.  [:)]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I think that you might be misinterpreting his post. Have you ever ordered ammo from him
View Quote

I don't think I'm misinterpreting him.  He wrote "a bald faced lie...making up nonsense" as a reply to me when I mentioned my experience ordering from him.  I posted the order #, and I asked what the delay was. He resorted to a personal attack.z

PS:  I really like the guy, and I find many of his posts here good fun.  When I see a thread he's started or replied to, I go out of my way to read it.  I just don't like being given a run-around when asking about an order, and I'll chalk the personal attack up as simply a bad day.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And in another thread, he said as a reply to someone complaining that their ammo was discoloured:
You want "pretty" bright shiny, take out to dinner ammo? Send it back and buy something else.
View Quote

Hilarious guy.  I just wish he hadn't resorted to a personal attack in another thread to a question about an order.z
View Quote

i've never ordered from ammoman and i don't know all the details of the thread, but i'm not sure i'd worry too much about it. from my experiences with sales, the customer isn't always right. and some will never be satisfied. ...concerns about "discolored" ammo may be an indication of the latter.

btw, should the customer's question really have been in an ar15.com forum?
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#10]
concerns about "discolored" ammo may be an indication of the latter.
View Quote

The issue had nothing to do with discolored ammo.  My comment was about an order I did not recieve, and my experience getting an answer from them as to why.  I included the quote about the discolored ammo in my reply with the other quote, because I thought they was funny.  I was attempted to say something nice about him.z
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
btw, is the firearms industry considered lucrative? considering many of the comments here, it seems as if a lot of dealers are working on thin margins and put up with a lot of political and legal grief.
View Quote

I have a buddy who is a "kitchen table" FFL. He often can't beat the big stores such as WalMart,K Mart, Dicks, Sports Authority et al even at his cost. There is the low volume dealer price and then there is the high volume dealer price. So, no I don't think that the firearms industry is lucrative except for the manufacturers. It's the related shooting products where the independant dealer makes his "real money" such as it is.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:26:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Hi Zoom
Sorry if i offended you. (really)
I mean that sincerly.I am as down to earth as you get.I speak my mind, have bad days and can be rude and take things personal.It's very big of you to chalk it up to a bad day.
That being said.I think Eurotrash summed it up when he said:
"btw, should the customer's question really have been in an ar15.com forum?
You say you did not get satisfaction from my warehouse, then try me again.I always answer the phone from my home office if i am not out shooting my AR15's.[:)]
Yes, more than one and lost count after 2.
If you order was lost and it has happened in the past with such high volume.
Please reorder and note this e-mail and take $10 off on me.I will make sure we get it right this time.
Sorry for the trouble.
Sorry about the short note, but the satelite uplink to my private jet is bad.
Eric the ammoman
(edited because i screwed up the [:)]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:55:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Eric

Keep posting stuff like the above, and I PROMISE YOU, I'll buy every bit of ammo from you!

I'm not trying to sound like I'm kissing ass, I just like the way you come across.

And to those (few) that are unsatisfied with Ammomans performance. I'm sorry, BUT he seems willing to give second chances! so why not take him up on it?

And in case anyone is wondering. I've yet to buy anything from Eric. But I'd by ANYTHING from him based solely on his rep earned here on AR15.

And of course, YMMV!
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:05:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Sooooooooo......How do we find out about all these great deals from Ammoman? Website? Can you tell I'm new here?
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:08:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sooooooooo......How do we find out about all these great deals from Ammoman? Website? Can you tell I'm new here?
View Quote

Easy as Pie!

[url]www.ammoman.com[/url]

Happy Hunting! [;)]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:38:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Ammoman, don't worry about it.  Just enjoy your millions.........He! He! He!

As long as us small folks here got our ammo cheap and fast, the rest is irrelevant. [beer]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the reply Eric.  I've been frustrated for a while here hearing the members "sing your praises" when I had a bad experience.  I was beginning to think "what's wrong with me."  Everyone like Eric.  Eric don't like me. [:)]  And, "the satelite uplink to my private jet is bad."  That must have been the problem when I placed my order.  BTW, how big of a jet do you have to have to carry all of that [i]heavy[/i] ammo?  And, is that how you delivery it so quickly?

My great-nephew is ordering some SS-109 as soon as you get it in stock.  We'll see how that goes.z
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I've done business with him for more than a couple of years now.  I picked up a .40 Sig and wasn't familiar with the caliber, he took the time to tell me what most people ordered and reordered. One time I put in an order and in the process of filling it he ran out of that item, he called and offered to sub a different brand for the same cost! I think he is a good businessman and a credit to the shooting industry.

And when it comes to the pocketbook, 9 times out of 10, if I see ammo cheaper in SGN or something, by the time you add shipping, you are real close to the Ammoman!  So now, I just go with him.

Hats off the Ammoman, millionaire in progress.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top