Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2002 11:24:29 AM EDT
That's right my brothers 79' Trans Am was busted into last night. They broke his window, stole his stereo, CD's and completely destroyed a Mint condition 23yr old dash and console. [:(!] Scratched his trunk all to hell trying to pry it open, I guess they wanted his spare tire. What kinda scum destroy a restored car for a $25 radio? Wish I could have caught em in the act. Front sight-Squezze--Justice.[xx(] Damn, maybe next time............

JerrY
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That's right my brothers 79' Trans Am was busted into last night. They broke his window, stole his stereo, CD's and completely destroyed a Mint condition 23yr old dash and console. [:(!] Scratched his trunk all to hell trying to pry it open, I guess they wanted his spare tire. What kinda scum destroy a restored car for a $25 radio? Wish I could have caught em in the act. Front sight-Squezze--Justice.[xx(] Damn, maybe next time............

JerrY
View Quote

Not sure about NY, but deadly force is allowed to prevent criminal mischief at night in Texas. [xx(]

ps. sorry to hear about the car
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No alarms, claymores, dogs or insurance?
View Quote

The alarm was on the doors, they went in through the window.
Claymores apparently had the C-4 removed by locals, probably to heat C-rats.
My Dog, while still a good eater isn't quite combat efffective anymore.
Insurance, due to the cars age wasn't comprehesive enough to cover interior damage.$500 deductable on glass........

JerrY
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Tape razorblades to the backs of your stereos. May not stop them from stealing it but at least you will get a peace of em.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]
KN.....you from around Dayton?  I remember hearing about somebody in the early 80's doing that in Miamisburg.  Worked real well from what I hear, except for all the blood inside of his car.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Tape razorblades to the backs of your stereos. May not stop them from stealing it but at least you will get a peace of em.
View Quote

I don't know if I'd want some crackheads blood all over the interior of my car. [shock]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No alarms, claymores, dogs or insurance?

Scum of the earth, probably a couple of young boys.
View Quote

Or as they say in Jersey, "A coupla utes"[[}:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top