Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/29/2002 7:17:35 AM EDT
A person I know when to a gun show last weekend and was told that there was a ban on imported ammo, like the Wolf 7.62X39 stuff. I have noticed that the price for a case of this stuff has gone up about $40 per case recently, but is it just price gouging, or is it a ban thing? Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:22:41 AM EDT
I don't think so. Prices on 7.62 have recently come down since 911. At least that is what I have noticed. I believe all imported ammo needs to be approved and that is taking longer.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:22:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2002 7:27:54 AM EDT by HKgnnr]
Havent heard of anything, except for maybe the Chinese steel core stuff in 7.62x39mm - but that was a few years back when that took effect. Sounds like the typical gun show vendor story justifying his markup. Was it this guy? (excerpt from "The Guide to Gunshows") [:)] The Beanie Baby/Ammo guy : He is selling ammo and beanie babies. Well actually his wife and kid are selling the beanie babies. Cavim .308 for $200 a case and Pooch the Snoot (or WTF ever) beanie baby for $25 bucks. Nevermind the fact that he bought the Cavim from the guy across the aisle who still has quite a bit left selling for $149 a case. He opens up boxes of IMI SS109 from Cole and puts a few on stripper clips and sells it to The Wannabe for $60 a clip. If you happen to be so bold as to inquire why in hell he would try to sell ammo right across the aisle from the same ammo priced $50 less a case, he just looks real confused at you and says I got two cases, you interested in a Beanie Baby today ?
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:34:09 AM EDT
Orion, www.sportsmansguide.com has7.62x39hollowpoints for $69.97 per 1000. Item#AX2A1-59358
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:24:19 AM EDT
Capitolist, [shock] That's a GOOD price!! I don't currently need any, but I know where to go now, when I do! My best amount I paid for a case was $80. I guess the gun show people are marking up prices and telling stories to get more money. To be honest, I rarely see any 'good deals' at gun shows anymore. I used to go to every show. Not any more.
Top Top