Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2002 1:13:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2002 1:48:46 PM EDT by ar15bubba]
How we ever defeated the Taliban is a wonder. Look at the size of this SOB! [img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020128/capt.1012233489afghanistan_hospital_siege_adl114.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:19:40 PM EDT
because they make better targets? ok, it's an illusion, he's much closer to the camera, standing on a little mound
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:23:14 PM EDT
[b]Because the Afghans are people of such big stature, we were forced deviate from our normal compliment of weapons and replace them with larger weapons such as pictured below.[/b] [img]http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/dumb/blu-82-riders.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:46:16 PM EDT
Maybe cuz they all run around in pajamas????
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:13:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ponyboy: [b]Because the Afghans are people of such big stature, we were forced deviate from our normal compliment of weapons and replace them with larger weapons such as pictured below.[/b] [img]http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/dumb/blu-82-riders.jpg[/img]
View Quote
Next time, use the picture of Slim Pickens
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:16:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GungHo: Next time, use the picture of Slim Pickens
View Quote
I'm not sure what picture you're referring to.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:23:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
View Quote
View Quote
I think GungHo is referring to the scene in "Dr.Strangelove".
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:41:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
View Quote
View Quote
Ponyboy: Don't tell me you have not seen the movie? If not run, do not walk to your nearest video source and get "Dr. Strangelove". It is a CLASSIC.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:45:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:47:21 PM EDT
Is that the biggest can of Spam we have for them?
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:50:50 PM EDT
[img]http://wso.williams.edu/~mhacker/Strangelove/kongdrop.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:51:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Erasmus: Is that the biggest can of Spam we have for them?
View Quote
That's not a can of spam....that's a can of whoop-ass. "Dig all you want....you'll only die tired *and* dirty."
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:52:27 PM EDT
Damn Osprey...we were on the same site, i thought about posting the .wav file also....
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:03:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:15:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SF: Ponyboy: Don't tell me you have not seen the movie? If not run, do not walk to your nearest video source and get "Dr. Strangelove". It is a CLASSIC.
View Quote
Ok, gottcha. I hadn't seen that movie since I was little so I didn't catch the "Slim Pickens" hint. [:)]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:17:56 PM EDT
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020128/capt.1012233489afghanistan_hospital_siege_adl114.jpg[/img] Isn't anyone going to play "What's wrong with this picture" in regards to the American soldier? What's up with... - The magazine in the M4? (It looks a little like a waffle mag.) - The AK-style chest pouches? - The facial hair?
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:46:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2002 5:51:40 PM EDT by lucasf]
Originally Posted By Renamed: Isn't anyone going to play "What's wrong with this picture" in regards to the American soldier? What's up with... - The magazine in the M4? (It looks a little like a waffle mag.) - The AK-style chest pouches? - The facial hair?
View Quote
Im sure he has 06 level authorization for Relaxed grooming standards in his pocket. Part of intergration(sp?) with the locals. Shows respect for their religion ect. Whats wrong with AK chest pouches? Great way to keep 3 mags and a couple grenades close at hand. and you can drive in it, not like a LBV. As to the mag I cant see that well, but big deal, he is a gear hound and spends his Per Diem on HSLD gear. We are talking about SF/Operators here, it aint your dads 101st so to speak. Edited to add that Im about 75% sure I know this guy he is a medic/O&I and am surprised to see him in 5ths AO. We were in 7th SFG(A) together.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:22:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Renamed: Isn't anyone going to play "What's wrong with this picture" in regards to the American soldier? What's up with... - The magazine in the M4? (It looks a little like a waffle mag.) - The AK-style chest pouches? - The facial hair?
View Quote
Watch the news. Not sure about the mag but all the Special Force guys are wearing those chest pouches. They also have beards. Saw one exactly like that today in the raid on the Hospital. Same leg strap pistol holster too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:52:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lucasf:
View Quote
Im sure he has 06 level authorization for Relaxed grooming standards in his pocket. Part of intergration(sp?) with the locals. Shows respect for their religion ect. Whats wrong with AK chest pouches? Great way to keep 3 mags and a couple grenades close at hand. and you can drive in it, not like a LBV. As to the mag I cant see that well, but big deal, he is a gear hound and spends his Per Diem on HSLD gear. We are talking about SF/Operators here, it aint your dads 101st so to speak. Edited to add that Im about 75% sure I know this guy he is a medic/O&I and am surprised to see him in 5ths AO. We were in 7th SFG(A) together.
View Quote
Lucas is on target. What is the issue with the mag? It looks like it has some tape on it to me. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 4:41:22 AM EDT
I can see the benefits of the chest pouches and the facial hair. I just think it's unusual to see that sort of flexibility in the US military. Do the special ops guys ever have trouble with their appearance when they're in contact with plain-vanilla-no-sprinkles type American units? Ordinary grunts operate in a culture that stresses uniformity and they might have some trouble telling friend from foe when they encounter someone who doesn't fit their mental picture of a "good guy".
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:02:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Renamed: I can see the benefits of the chest pouches and the facial hair. I just think it's unusual to see that sort of flexibility in the US military. Do the special ops guys ever have trouble with their appearance when they're in contact with plain-vanilla-no-sprinkles type American units? Ordinary grunts operate in a culture that stresses uniformity and they might have some trouble telling friend from foe when they encounter someone who doesn't fit their mental picture of a "good guy".
View Quote
It is unusual. That is why you normally only see it with SF, and to a much lesser degree Intel or Law Enforcement. Never had a problems with guys in conventional units, or friendly recognition. If you can make the bad guy hesitate, even if just for a moment, that may just be enough. Conventional leaders, however treated us like lepers (even more than usual) when we were on relaxed grooming standards. When passing through a conventional area, you really needed a velcro speed holster for the relaxed grooming standard orders. Just my personal experience, yada, yada, yada....
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 4:48:23 PM EDT
Well, I think that puny American could give that Afgahn a good ass whipin' if he were so inclined.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 10:48:46 PM EDT
saw some Delta guys at an informal CQB training session. they looked like scumbags. real truck stop riff-raff. i think its a brilliant policy
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:48:06 AM EDT
"It's not the size that count.....It's how you do with it.".......An old saying.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 4:11:41 AM EDT
Yoda was small and a Jedi master at that.....
Top Top