Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Never hear this happening with a 92FS, which everyone claims to be a POS...  [:P]
View Quote

KB's can happen to any of them -

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=81487[/url]

They have even happened to AR's.  There can be multiple reasons for kb's.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I would never buy a Glock because of all the KB's. Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to shoot my Williams Arms receivered FAL.[grenade]

Kyle
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Slayer,

Too bad about the pistol.  I'm really glad no one was hurt badly.  You are both lucky.  Hope your dad is doing well.  I would have felt terrible if that had happened to me.

Thanks for the input and the pix.  That is a big help to all of us.

I'm not a big Glock fan but my son has owned/owns several of the little polymer critters.  He swears by them and to the best of my knowledge, has never had KB...[yet!]  He has a close friend that had a G-30 blow up recently just like yours did.  The cause was eventually determined to be a double charged handload.  I'm NOT saying you did that...just that is what caused this one.

I'm an old test engineer by trade and would like to help if I could.  There are only a very few things and events (possibly a combination) that could cause your pistol to KB.  Bad ammo, poor manufacturing, poor materials, improper assembly or re-assembly, excessive wear.  I’m NOT saying that any specific one of these caused the KB, and I’m NOT accusing anybody, but one or more certainly did.  A bit of research into this and we might be able to nail the cause down hard.  I echo what you have already heard from others and would ask if you could do the following:

1.  Take the pistol to at least one good gunsmith.  I would try two.  Get them to write down what they think happened.  I sure would like to see the results of checking the parts with a micrometer.  If any of them have a microscope, I'd be interested to see the results.  Sometimes stress fatigue and microscopic fracture lines can be seen in metal
with a 'scope and a bit of stain.

2.  Save whatever ammo you have from that lot.  If you didn't buy the ammo at a store and you are not sure of the ammo pedigree, check each round to see if they are the same.  If you have the reloading gear, you can mic and weight them too.  If you are sure the ammo is "factory Hornady xtp loads", you might want to write the manufacturer and let them know what happened and that you are trying to determine the cause of the KB.

3.  Take more pictures...up close and personal, with a macro lens if possible.  Please post them for us.  I would send them to Glock before you send the pistol.  Unless and until you want a trade in...I would not send the pistol to Glock just yet.  FWIW, my son said his buddy traded in his blown Glock 30 for the $273.00.  Personally, I think that sucks...but I'm not the one holding the ruined pistol either.

4.  Write Glock and send them the pictures and your detailed description of what happened.  Make sure you include the pistol serial number.  (Save your medical bills...they should pay for those too, if the cause of the KB is the pistol.  I'm NOT saying sue them...but they should replace your pistol free and compensate your dad if you guys incurred any bills.)

5.  If you know of a metallurgist in the area, you might want contact them too.  They could take a small sample of the broken parts and might be able to tell exactly what part[s] broke.

Good luck!

PS:  I like my P-99 better too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Lot's of 1911s have kBed as well.  I have GLOCKs and will continue to buy and use them (even after a kB), but I will [b]not[/b] bitch someone else out for deciding to dump GLOCK, or anything else, for that matter.  Your choice is your choice, TBS, and you're the only one who can make that decision.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#10]
This could not have been a Glock!  You must me mistaken!  The Glock gods will get you.  Funny how I never hear of 'inferior' Sigs and 'POS' Rugers going KBoom.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad no one was hurt.

Glock saved our 2nd Ammendment rights. Glock was eyeball to eyeball with the Clintons and Cuomo and the entire resources of the US Government and the Clintons and Cuomo blinked. This was after S&W sold out. Glaston Glock said he did not believe accepting the Clinton terms was good for his business. It would have contractually destroyed the 2nd.

I bought a Glock to say thanks to Glock for fighting a battle for me. The gun is utterly reliable. I reload and I am careful not to overcharge. (Knock on wood for luck and that I don't accidentally double load powder.) I would recommend a Glock to anyone I cared for that needs a defensive weapon. Reliability is everything.

Personally I would only own a new pistol or one that I knew the history of. Glocks sell for about 80% of retail for used guns. The reason is that Glocks are utterly reliable and hold up well to use. Was the gun worn out? Even if worn the barrel shouldn't fail should it? Do barrels fatigue? This last is to show that I don't presume to have a clue about your KB.

Glocktalk is pretty good group. But they don't have an Imbroglio or a Hun. They are generally to the political left of this group, IMHO. It seems fewer troll posts succeed here.

If I were on Glock's team I would not accept responsibility for a replacement gun without good proof Glock was at fault.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Glad no one was hurt.

Glock saved our 2nd Ammendment rights. Glock was eyeball to eyeball with the Clintons and Cuomo and the entire resources of the US Government and the Clintons and Cuomo blinked. This was after S&W sold out. Glaston Glock said he did not believe accepting the Clinton terms was good for his business. It would have contractually destroyed the 2nd.

I bought a Glock to say thanks to Glock for fighting a battle for me. The gun is utterly reliable. I reload and I am careful not to overcharge. (Knock on wood for luck and that I don't accidentally double load powder.) I would recommend a Glock to anyone I cared for that needs a defensive weapon. Reliability is everything.

Personally I would only own a new pistol or one that I knew the history of. Glocks sell for about 80% of retail for used guns. The reason is that Glocks are utterly reliable and hold up well to use. Was the gun worn out? Even if worn the barrel shouldn't fail should it? Do barrels fatigue? This last is to show that I don't presume to have a clue about your KB.

Glocktalk is pretty good group. But they don't have an Imbroglio or a Hun. They are generally to the political left of this group, IMHO. It seems fewer troll posts succeed here.

If I were on Glock's team I would not accept responsibility for a replacement gun without good proof Glock was at fault.
View Quote
Glock did this alone?  No help from Sig, SA, ArmaLite, Bushmaster, or any other gun maker.  Not one other gunmaker signed that agreement, but Glock save the Second Amendment alone?  Puuullleeeaaaaseee!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I have prayed facing austria this afternoon asking for dogkcolg's help. He has told me that was really a sig 245, not a g30 and that you should ask for for forgiveness from your fellow g perfedtion followers for your waiverence from the light.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All i can say is screw glock! My G30 kb'd with my dad yesterday. Factory hornady xtp loads not reloads.

I will post a pic tonight for any that care. Time to find a new ccw pistol. luckily no one was hurt other than some stained underwear.

mike
View Quote

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, If you want plastic, HK is the only way to go.

Ok OK I've never said before, but I sounded good.

Ask me how long I owned my glock. 1 month.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I too am a Glock owner, and have many thousands of trouble free rounds through my 23. One reason Glock is more often associated with kb is the sheer number of them out there. With 65% of American Law enforcement using Glocks, including FBI, etc. its not suprising that the Glock brand is the most common handgun, and by numbers equals the total sold of most other handgun makers combined. You may think this or that brand would 'never' kb, but the fact is that any gun may kb if certain conditions (overpressure, obstruction, case failure) are created. In fact all guns have experianced some percentage of this, even the beloved AR15.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad no one was hurt.

snip
View Quote
Glock did this alone?  No help from Sig, SA, ArmaLite, Bushmaster, or any other gun maker.  Not one other gunmaker signed that agreement, but Glock save the Second Amendment alone?  Puuullleeeaaaaseee!
View Quote

I wasn't there in the corporate conference rooms. It appears to me that S&W and Colt fell over like dominoes and Glock was next in line. I am positive that Glock had lawyers assuring him that what Clinton and Cuomo was doing in the name of the US Government was beatable in court. I am also sure that Glock believed that he had enough support from gum makers and gun owners or he would have fell over and toe the Clinton-Cuomo line.

I like to believe that Sig, SA, Armalite, Bushmaster, or any other gunmaker would have stood up to Clinton-Cuomo and the entire resources of the US Government even if Glock fell over first.

As I understand it, the ploy the Democrat criminals were using would only be effective if they could corral all of the market. Glock undermined their effort and it stopped there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I too am a Glock owner, and have many thousands of trouble free rounds through my 23. One reason Glock is more often associated with kb is the sheer number of them out there. With 65% of American Law enforcement using Glocks, including FBI, etc. its not suprising that the Glock brand is the most common handgun, and by numbers equals the total sold of most other handgun makers combined. You may think this or that brand would 'never' kb, but the fact is that any gun may kb if certain conditions (overpressure, obstruction, case failure) are created. In fact all guns have experianced some percentage of this, even the beloved AR15.
View Quote

I hear what your saying, it falls along the same lines as the most stolen cars in america are also the most SOLD cars in america, its all numbers. BUT, I just don't here stories of SIGS and HK's KBing. I owned my glock for 1 month, it work flawlessly, but I just didn't like it.
(Maybe mine was bound to KB, and fate told me to get rid of it)
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#19]
First, glad no-one was hurt.  I think a gun blowing up in my hands would scare the crap out me as well...

Anyway, I have a Glock 30 as well and there seem to be many posts about Glocks kb'ing.  I'm sure if there was a real problem, Glock would recognize that and do something about it.  Didn't they delay the release of the G21 because of some failures?  I'll keep mine, as I believe in the product.  That's not to say that there aren't any 'lemons' out there.  There are.  And there are other reasons (caused by the user) that a pistol would fail.  My problem with Glock would be having to pay $273 for something that is apparently not your fault.  I paid a lot of money for mine and would expect a free replacement, knowing I took care of it as it should have been and did not use reloads at the time of the failure.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a glock 23 and I love it.. Might be selling it to get a Beretta 92fs just to change things up.

THe numbers thing is exactly what I was thinking.. There are so many glocks ou there, and they get used a lot so of course there is a better chance of hearing more problems.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
FWIW,

I would contact Dean Speir and see if he could be of assistance. He might be able to offer some advice regarding dealing with Glock and/or Hornady.

View Quote

If you enjoy talking to assholes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, If you want plastic, HK is the only way to go.

View Quote

Until somone else can claim survivng these tests:
[url]http://www.streetpro.com/usp/torture.html[/url]
then HK is definitely the only way to go!!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Just that he's one of the great solid-gold, chain-driven, four-barreled assholes of the Western world.

If he were half as intelligent as he'll tell you he is, he'd be a fucking Einstein.

That's all.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I have had a couple of Glocks but in the end, I decided to get rid of all of them except the G19. Personally, it is the best Glock. No need really to justify keeping a gun that has 15-rnds capacity, very small, concealable and light.

I do admit that the news about KBs was the reason that I sold my G23 but such is not the case for the G17. I decided to replace it with a Sig. [;)]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just that he's one of the great solid-gold, chain-driven, four-barreled assholes of the Western world.

If he were half as intelligent as he'll tell you he is, he'd be a fucking Einstein.

That's all.
View Quote

That sounds like my brother-in-law you're describing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Until somone else can claim survivng these tests:
[url]http://www.streetpro.com/usp/torture.html[/url]
then HK is definitely the only way to go!!!
View Quote
i hate to burst your bubble but ive witnessed a usp kaboom.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Just to add my .02,I have owned 5 glocks and loved them all,but all the stories of kb have got me thinking.Glock will not sell you a 357 sig bbl for a 40 without first sending the gun to them for mods to increase the strength of the frame.When I first heard this,I just thought to my self "you mean to tell me they dont make these damn things about 20 times stronger than they need to be"I have a mod 22 now on layaway cause I got a good deal on it,but was going to get a hk usp till I saw the glock.Dont know now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just to add my .02,I have owned 5 glocks and loved them all,but all the stories of kb have got me thinking.Glock will not sell you a 357 sig bbl for a 40 without first sending the gun to them for mods to increase the strength of the frame.When I first heard this,I just thought to my self "you mean to tell me they dont make these damn things about 20 times stronger than they need to be"I have a mod 22 now on layaway cause I got a good deal on it,but was going to get a hk usp till I saw the glock.Dont know now.
View Quote

The issue with .40 s$w and .357 sig is that very old .40s had a weaker frame than later and current .40s. Glock wont sell a .357 barrel for an old gun and they want proof for insurance purposes. I shoot .357 in a .40 with no problems. I have compared them and talked with many people and the only difference between the current Glock .40 and .357 sig is the stamping and the follower in the magazines. I use .40 mags and have no problems.
The .357 sig can be loaded very HOT! I would describe the kick from my .357 sig loads as brutal! Yet, zero signs of overpressure. After shooting my .357s, my 180 grain warm .40 reloads are pleasant.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#31]
[b]Beer Slayer Mike[/b] reports:
My G30 kb'd with my dad yesterday. ... Time to find a new ccw pistol.
View Quote
. That's too bad… I've thought that the Model 30 Glock is the ideal "CCW pistol" since it was first introduced!
All he got was an avulsion to his right index finger.
View Quote
I'm unclear… earlier you averred that "luckily no one was hurt other than some stained underwear."
Lead bullets were fired in the past prior to hearing it was a nono.
View Quote
That's something of a fictive, I'm afraid… regular maintenance  after shooting factory lead rounds is all that's required to prevent a lead build-up in the [i]leade[/i], which tends to prevent new rounds from seating properly. And since Glocks are remarkably tolerant when it comes to firing out of battery (which allows more case head to be exposed), any such lead accummulation is to be scrupulously avoided. (And, [b]Astrogoth[/b], please cite for us the passage in the manual which states that "lead is a no-no.")
What pisses me off the most is i liked that little pos.
View Quote
You should… it really [i]is[/i] a great PDW!

Originally Posted By [b]Sukebe[/b]:
Every time I see a post about a handgun blowing up, it's a Glock. Yet some people always seem to want to shift the blame to the ammo. Is there that much crap coming from the ammo makers? Are only Glock owners buying the defective ammo? Denial?
View Quote
Well, it's a very sensitive issue with Glock owners… if you don't think that they're a bunch of zealots, take a look at any of the kB! threads on GlockTalk. Rosco Benson refers to them as "Kool Air drinkers."

From [b]Bearlaker[/b]:
I've never heard of it happening with any of the 9mm, or 10mm guns.
View Quote
kb!s are extremely rare in any of the 9 X 19mm Glocks… I've been tracking these events since 1991, and have never successfully documented one, although Sgt. Mike Dunlap of Amarillo PD told me some years ago that he'd seen two instances.

As for 10mm Models 20 and 29, it happens although not with the frequency of the .40 S&Ws and .45 ACPs. I have some photos on them [url=http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/glock/gz-glock-kb.html]here[/url].

From [b]M4A3[/b]:
I love my HK's and never heard a KB story on a USP with any type of ammo.
View Quote
Frank James and I [url=http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/glock/gz-kb-notes.html]documented[/url] seven (7!) of them with USP40s back in Spring 1994… some with factory, some with reloads or remanufactured rounds; AA#5 was present in each incident.

• Dean, jus' visitin' from [b][url]http://www.TheGunZone.com[/url][/b]…
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Man, now I'm worried about my EAA polymer in 45.  If Glocks are a problem, this thing probably is too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally asked by [b]The_Beer_Slayer[/b]:
Since you have been tracking them what is your assesment of the 30? Worth haveing fixed. Or time to move to something different?
View Quote
As I noted above and in an e-mail, I think that the G30 is [i]the[/i] ideal CCW gun, and gave what most considered ample support in T&E reviews in both [b][i]The American Guardian[/i][/b] and one of the [b][i]Combat Handguns[/i][/b] books. (I've already e-mailed you a key strategic element in dealing with Glock, Inc.)

But then, as one of the great solid-gold, chain-driven, four-barreled assholes [i]{sic}[/i] of the Western world, what the fuck do I know?

One thing I [i]do[/i] know, is that while Glock, Inc, did not single-handedly save our Second Amendment rights as [b]Goad[/b] is suggesting, they… along with Taurus and others… stood tall while S&W was folding like a cheap suit in a line squall.

O, and [b]Trickshot[/b], the best thing to do is to remain rational and not do a Chicken Little act.

One more thing, [b]Waldo[/b] (hmmmmn!), do you really understand the "ballistic DNA" schemes foisted upon us by Maryland and New York State, and how manufacturers are going to have to deal with them in order to stay viable?

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock saved our 2nd Ammendment rights. Glock was eyeball to eyeball with the Clintons and Cuomo and the entire resources of the US Government and the Clintons and Cuomo blinked.
View Quote

Gee wiz! Was that before or after they decided to scan all the fired cases into a database?  
View Quote

I don't know when they started putting spent brass scans in a data base. But this is a general trend of all companies to accumulate info on customers. Ruger is/was offering a mail-in rebate on handguns. This would put you on a list. Do you use one of those "loyalty cards" at your grocery store? This is in the news today that stores are gathering info on customers. A major phone company is about to start selling information on it's customers phoning habits.

I don't like any of this but this does not change what Glock did for the 2nd. Also understand that Glock did this because Glock felt it was in their best interest at the time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
snip
One thing I [i]do[/i] know, is that while Glock, Inc, did not single-handedly save our Second Amendment rights as [b]Goad[/b] is suggesting, they… along with Taurus and others… stood tall while S&W was folding like a cheap suit in a line squall.
snip
View Quote

Singlehanded is not what I meant. Even war heroes have some help before and after. But I believe that it would be naive to believe that Clinton-Cuomo would have stopped short of total control of the market if that control were possible. As I said, I don't have any inside information.

Taurus is pushing gun locks as mandatory. This is an infringement, IMHO. Glock is not pushing mandatory gun locks. At least not yet.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I never liked Glocks. UGLY! Shot them but never owned them. I don't own one now and never will. Keep reading about stuff like this! I have a Springfield 1911A1 Ported Compact for CCW and 96 Baretta Centurion for work. Baretta has NEVER had a stopage of any kind ever. Even mixing bullet wts in factory and handloads ,light and heavy. Ate them all without a hiccup time and again. Fun to shoot too as you don't know whats coming up in the magazine and is good practice!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#41]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fhklogo%2Egif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 3:21:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

One more thing, [b]Waldo[/b] (hmmmmn!), do you really understand the "ballistic DNA" schemes foisted upon us by Maryland and New York State, and how manufacturers are going to have to deal with them in order to stay viable?
View Quote

I'm pretty sure I have some grasp of the concept there, Dean. [rolleyes]
View Quote

Gee...that didn't take long... [:E]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 5:16:36 AM EDT
[#43]
If HK's are soooooo great, why aren't they in the hands of our Navy SEALS?

Also,

SIG = Perfection = [b][u]NOT![/b][/u]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=76919[/url]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 5:50:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If HK's are soooooo great, why aren't they in the hands of our Navy SEALS?

Also,

SIG = Perfection = [b][u]NOT![/b][/u]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=76919[/url]
View Quote

The possibility of human error on this case is pretty high.

When ejecting a live round from the chamber, you will have to rack it and at the same time hold it until you see the round is completely out of the gun.

Some may say that the ejector failed to grab the round but it could also be the round itself that has a problem. Maybe it was stucked, had a bent shell where the ejector "hooks" it. It could be anything.....one thing that I have to point out though that it still worked afterwards.

Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#45]
That is why I carry a single shot muzzleloader for my CCW/PDW.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#46]

O, and [b]Trickshot[/b], the best thing to do is to remain rational and not do a Chicken Little act.
View Quote

Hey, bite me!  If a Glock, which is relatively well designed can have serious flaws, it isn' a huge leap in logic to expect an EAA to be even worse.  In fact, I'd be suspect of any polymer framed gun firing a cartridge larger than 9x19.  There is no reason to skimp on structural integrity with so many fine all-steel handguns available.  I was just trying to extend the discussion to other makes, not suggest that the sky is falling.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By trickshot
Hey, bite me!  If a Glock, which is relatively well designed can have serious flaws, it isn' a huge leap in logic to expect an EAA to be even worse.  In fact, I'd be suspect of any polymer framed gun firing a cartridge larger than 9x19.  There is no reason to skimp on structural integrity with so many fine all-steel handguns available.  I was just trying to extend the discussion to other makes, not suggest that the sky is falling.
View Quote

If I recall, in none of the documented kB incidents was the polymer frame ever singled out as the root cause.  I believe the barrel is the culprit, either a metallurgical or design flaw.  If you're that worried about the Glock, a simple barrel swap should reduce any possibility of a kB.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#48]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey, wait, Dean...don't cross the road to step in that pile of.. too late.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#49]
I looked around and found this comparison.

The Barrel:

Wow! The barrel is fully supported. For a .40 fan, this is fantastic news. I measured some fired Sig Pro brass (from my
    initial break-in session -- see below) and was pleasantly surprised that the brass expanded to around .427 to .428, which
    is fairly close to some of the match barrels I've used in other pistols. As a comparison, my HK USP40 expanded the brass
    to around .429 to .430 (a little sloppier, but not bad). But my Glock was just plain bad, as in literally bad Ð expanding and
    trashing the brass to .431 to .432 or so; thatÕs twice as much as the Sig Pro, assuming that new brass measures around

A reloader like myself doesn't want to see over-expansion of the brass, since the brass won't last as long and can be
    downright dangerous to use, as in kB! (that's kaBoom! or Case Failure in glock-eese; a word coined by the Dr. of Gun
    World Intelligencia, Dean Speir, famous Gun Magazine Writer and the primary author of the famous Glock kB! Faq).
    Frankly, even a person that just shoots factory ammo shouldnÕt want to take a chance with over expanding the brass in a
    sloppy unsupported chamber; Buyer Beware!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#50]
I think the issue of the $273 stems from being a second owner. The glock guys have no idea what kind of abuse you have put your 30 through, let alone the guy before you. They will probably be reasonable if you can show that the gun is in great shape. When I worked at Wally Mart, I had a guy come in and try to get a refund on his Remington 870 barrel that had been, quite clearly, plugged with about 3" of mud. He flatly denied he could have caused it. He said nasty things to me and insisted that I send it to them. They said the same thing I did. If you are truly not to blame, get a gunsmiths opinion.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top