BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:04:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
And FWIW the officers that were here last night say that she claims to have video of one of us pulling the wires out of her dish.
My reply was I'd like to see the video.

I bet she never said that. It was the bright idea of the officer to see if you'd confess to it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:05:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Parking in your yard is her escelating the situation. I have had that happen. Years ago I lived in a house where my driveway was next to the neighbors drive way. Sometimes he would park in my dirveway when his was empty. Just to brace me, asshat.
 She is a nut job and you need to be sure to document everything that happens. A security camera might not be a bad idea.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

This will be an unpopular answer:

Invite her over for dinner.  Show you're not an enemy.

Then if she keeps up her shitty behavior, you know she's mentally ill and proceed from there with documentation, etc.

This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Then if she keeps up her shitty behavior, you know she's mentally ill and proceed from there with documentation, etc.

You really think that someone who has lied on the OP on several occasion should be invited over?

I can see her excusing herself to go to teh bathroom and calling 911 to report being kidnapped.

Think ahead, it saves grief.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Your neighbor lady is obviously bat shit crazy, so use that to your advantage.

Get yourself a cheap WOK or old satellite dish and dress it up so that it looks like a listening device.  Add some sort of "element" to the center (an aquarium heater with the glass removed would work nicely).  Attach some thick cable, or even black garden hose to the back and mount it to your house or tree so that it faces her bedroom.

Make sure she sees you fiddling with it and re-aiming it a few times (wearing stereo headphones while doing this will heighten the effect).

After the initial work of making your "device" all you have to do is sit back and watch her screw herself into the ground.

I like the way you think.

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like a form of harassment-dunno what the legal term is for it.  maybe its time for a Justice of the Peace to become involved. Disturbing the peace? Perhaps making false claims or reports if shes file any kind of reports.  I'd definately take a small tape recorder (put it in my shirt pocket in plain view) with me if I had to go over to ask her to move the car or something thats on your property.  

I'd go ahead just send out the code enforcement on her, it doesn't sound like things are going to better anytime soon, you cannot deal with stupidity or people who are vengeful they dont quit because their arent smart enuff to understand its getting them no where, its only until the law slaps them really hard that those types figure it out.   Just wait for the one day that she really needs the police and they show up later.  I can only wonder if people your neighbor have ever heard the story of the Boy who Cried Wolf!

If shes parking on your property see about putting up no parking signage and see the laws/ordinances allow you to tow someones vehicle for illegally parking on private property.  I don't how much worse that biotch can be, if shes calling the cops and wasting their time for stupid stuff like she's doing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You really think that someone who has lied on the OP on several occasion should be invited over?

I can see her excusing herself to go to teh bathroom and calling 911 to report being kidnapped.

Disarming people is an effective tactic. Going out of your way to make someone your friend and not giving them a choice in the matter is even more effective.

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#9]
have your kid accuse her of molestation....
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Disarming people is an effective tactic. Going out of your way to make someone your friend and not giving them a choice in the matter is even more effective.  

True for normal people, crazy people don't think like you do and won't respond like you think.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#11]
NVG's, camo face paint, her car, big ass chain, her trailer. You know what to do.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#12]
If she was parking on your property for so long you should have had her car towed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

have your kid accuse her of molestation....

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And FWIW the officers that were here last night say that she claims to have video of one of us pulling the wires out of her dish.
My reply was I'd like to see the video.

I bet she never said that. It was the bright idea of the officer to see if you'd confess to it.

Why would they do that - I think they are smart enough to gauge the situation.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

As much as it might seem like it, you are inviting trouble right in through the front door - a fatal, final mistake in way too many cases.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can only reason with reasonable people.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#17]
cameras
documentation
always have a third party if you have to talk to her.

House
-  get a throw away cell phone from wal-mart and call every single code violation you can - no names, and at the end of the prepaid minutes get another one and repeat.  
-  if she has no video in her yard  - throw some grass fertilizer over the fence - nothing like having to mow the lawn every other day

Animals  -  i do not support hurting any animal unnecessarily
- a dog wistle is a good tool (non harmful) - start blowing it at random times and watch the dog start barking - it will wake up enough of the nieghbors so that eventually they will call the cops for you.  when they show up be sure to give it an extra hard wistle a couple of times as the cops are standing there.
- throw bird seed around the area - nothing like having birds shitting all over her car / house / boat

Vehicles
- put a couple roofing nails in the street just outside of her driveway.  make sure they are old and rusted and wear the head of the nails down on a rock so they look like they have been in the tire and driven on for a while. (you could do the easment too but as you would have to remind your family not to park there.
- if her boat is in the water - drive your boat by it at a good speed - those wakes will take care of her paint job for you. ––- check to see if she has a video camera pointed at the area first

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Be the good people. No pranks, don't do anything directly to her.
Call code enforcement. Call the tow truck as needed. Document everything. Talk to your cop friends.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#20]
For all the people suggesting having her car towed, the officer that responded the first time told me that wasn't an option. Don't know if that is factual, or just his way of keeping the situation form escalating
In regards to inviting her over for dinner she has in the past been invited over for BBQs. She has always declined the invite.
There wont be any more invites.

As an interesting aside, through some poking around I've been doing on the net this morning, it would appear that she hasn't paid the Property Taxes on her house since she moved in 2 and 1/2 years ago.
The Tax Certificate sale is in Feb (IIRC)

With the current state of the economy, I think buying Tax Certificates would be a great investment.
It definitely bears some further investigation
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm just glad the when the knock came on the door last night at almost midnight, I decided to go to the door w/ Kel-Tec in pocket rather than Glock in hand

On the parking issue, I plan on sometime this week purchasing a LARGE "decorative" Piece of Coral rock and placing it just on our side of the property line. That way my daughter can still park in the yard, but crazy neighbor lady can no longer park across the property line.

Really buggs me on a fundimential level having a neighbor that we are on the outs with. We have done NOTHING other than be nice to this lady, including defending her with some of the other neighbors.
No one on the street now has anything positive to say about her.
Also sucks that with all the FLPD guys I know and am friendly with, none of them seem to work in the district where we live :(

echo6

Every time they come for bullshit like this, apologize to them, but also ask that they document it on a report, not just an "Unfounded" note in the dispatch log.  While the "Unfounfded" thing helps, it helps a lot more to have an actual report in hand, or a number of reports rather, when you finally have to make a harassment complaint against this whackjob.  Usally we'll let 3 or so of these complaints slide..after that we start documenting..worse comes to worse WE can go after the caller for false reports ourselves even if the Victim doesnt want to after a while.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
cameras
documentation
always have a third party if you have to talk to her.

House
-  get a throw away cell phone from wal-mart and call every single code violation you can - no names, and at the end of the prepaid minutes get another one and repeat.  
-  if she has no video in her yard  - throw some grass fertilizer over the fence - nothing like having to mow the lawn every other day

Animals  -  i do not support hurting any animal unnecessarily
- a dog wistle is a good tool (non harmful) - start blowing it at random times and watch the dog start barking - it will wake up enough of the nieghbors so that eventually they will call the cops for you.  when they show up be sure to give it an extra hard wistle a couple of times as the cops are standing there.
- throw bird seed around the area - nothing like having birds shitting all over her car / house / boat

Vehicles
- put a couple roofing nails in the street just outside of her driveway.  make sure they are old and rusted and wear the head of the nails down on a rock so they look like they have been in the tire and driven on for a while. (you could do the easment too but as you would have to remind your family not to park there.
- if her boat is in the water - drive your boat by it at a good speed - those wakes will take care of her paint job for you. ––- check to see if she has a video camera pointed at the area first

Dude - as funny as all this is, I just couldn't make the situation worse than it already is.  Crazy people will be recognized as such and then dealt with accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
For all the people suggesting having her car towed, the officer that responded the first time told me that wasn't an option. Don't know if that is factual, or just his way of keeping the situation form escalating
In regards to inviting her over for dinner she has in the past been invited over for BBQs. She has always declined the invite.

As an interesting aside, through some poking around I've been doing on the net this morning, it would appear that she hasn't paid the Property Taxes on her house since she moved in 2 and 1/2 years ago.

With the current state of the economy, I think buying Tax Certificates would be a great investment.

Buy it and toss her.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#24]
echo, CompUSA has a sale right now.

Image is link to deal (opens in new window)

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Call code enforcement, if you can have enough citations issued an can show where the law enforcement have been called, you could have a restraining order filed against her (from trespassing or preventing access to property).
If that doesn't work, put a benadryl or 2 in a nice cut of sirloin or 2 and toss it over the fence..

If a nuisance neighbor has an animal that needs to be killed, do it like a man, not a pussy skulking in the shadows.
I'm  not sure what TheRocketmac is trying to accomplish, but one or two benadryl isn't going to kill a dog.

Except, maybe a Chippewa or something.

I give it to one of my dogs when he has problems with his skin.  It just makes him sleepy.
         Opie:  Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be much to do except document everything, and wait for an

actual crime to be committed, as has been recommended above.

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#26]
"But, but, but..."shoot, shovel, and shut up"....well it just isn't the Christian thing to do!"  
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I already have the motion lights and am currently investigating camera systems.

Best cameras you will find at ridiculously cheap prices!

SuperCircuits

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I would open that parking spot up again, and the second her car was on it, I would call a tow truck and have it removed.

I would also get a restraining order, and file a harassment complaint. And I would report every code or ordinance violation I could.

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Call code enforcement, if you can have enough citations issued an can show where the law enforcement have been called, you could have a restraining order filed against her (from trespassing or preventing access to property).

If that doesn't work, put a benadryl or 2 in a nice cut of sirloin or 2 and toss it over the fence..

If a nuisance neighbor has an animal that needs to be killed, do it like a man, not a pussy skulking in the shadows.

I'm  not sure what TheRocketmac is trying to accomplish, but one or two benadryl isn't going to kill a dog.
Except, maybe a Chippewa or something.
I give it to one of my dogs when he has problems with his skin.  It just makes him sleepy.

Opie:  Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be much to do except document everything, and wait for an
actual crime to be committed, as has been recommended above.

Chippewa is a Native American Indian.
Chihuaha is a dog.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
file a harassment complaint- documentation will be best.

Get a restraining order, do it first.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Just keep being a stand up person , The LEO will soon get the point and even if the neighbor gets worse just remember Karma is a bitch and we all will reap it !
John
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yea good plan. Invite a known out of control idiot, habitual liar, and maybe crazy person in to your home and thereby open yourself for all sorts of additional problems.

What a plan.

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Kill her with fire!
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#34]
"Do exactly to her what she's doing to you, legal harassment.

Prepare to spend a few grand and hire a lawyer to sue her for slander and/or harassment.

Install a camera in your yard that records her entire property.  Hire a PI to follow her.

Do you suspect her of being a welfare cheat or having meth in her house?  Call the appropriate authorities.

Declare legal war on her and don't stop until she moves.  Continue every day, dedicate 1hr per day minimum to legal methods of making her life hell"
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#35]
My dad used to say that "sometimes a weekend in jail is worth a handful of teeth. Now get out there and get them teeth."
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
NVG's, camo face paint, her car, big ass chain, her trailer. You know what to do.

LMFAO
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If that doesnt work invite her over for your "special" meatloaf
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy it and toss her.

Yep.  Nothing like tossing a lying piece of trash out of their home to seal a VICTORY.

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#39]
UPDATE
I just saw her in my front yard taking pics of my Jeep ( parked 100% in my yard, current tags, registration, and insurance) I puled my phone out of my pocket and took a pic of her taking a pic of my Jeep. When she saw me she started screaming, (sry for the language, but I'm quoting directly)
"I'm calling fucking code enforcement and your fucking jeep will be gonetomorrow! If you keep fucking with me I'll have your fucking prick ass thrown in jail!"

I've decided I'm not going to say ONE word to her. If I don't say ANYTHING, she doesn't have anything to twist.

It just really boggles my mind that some people will go out of their way to cause discord. If you had the opportunity go get along with your neighbors, why go out of your way to make it otherwise?

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Was her vehicle parked on your property or on the street in front of your property?
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#41]
IN my yard. In the pic above, My property line starts about 8 inches towards my Jeep from the utility pole. When she had her Mercades parked in the grass, the "B" pillar of her car was even with the pole.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
UPDATE
I just saw her in my front yard taking pics of my Jeep ( parked 100% in my yard, current tags, registration, and insurance) I puled my phone out of my pocket and took a pic of her taking a pic of my Jeep. When she saw me she started screaming, (sry for the language, but I'm quoting directly)
"I'm calling fucking code enforcement and your fucking jeep will be gonetomorrow! If you keep fucking with me I'll have your fucking prick ass thrown in jail!"

I've decided I'm not going to say ONE word to her. If I don't say ANYTHING, she doesn't have anything to twist.

It just really boggles my mind that some people will go out of their way to cause discord. If you had the opportunity go get along with your neighbors, why go out of your way to make it otherwise?

This lady sounds like she has real no kidding mental issues, be careful around her because she may turn violent.  

Is there an ordinance against parking a vehicle in your yard where you live?  I'd probably call code enforcement myself to find out and tell them what you just saw and heard.  You can suggest that they look at her place while you have them on the phone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Is there an ordinance against parking a vehicle in your yard where you live?  I'd probably call code enforcement myself to find out and tell them what you just saw and heard.  You can suggest that they look at her place while you have them on the phone.

No issues parking in the swale of your own yard as long as the vehicle has current registration, tags and ins.

I'm confident that she is going to blow a gasket when she calls code enforcement and they tell her I am legal.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No issues parking in the swale of your own yard as long as the vehicle has current registration, tags and ins.

I'm confident that she is going to blow a gasket when she calls code enforcement and they tell her I am legal.

If you're sure that you're legal, then by all means call Code Enforcement first.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
IN my yard. In the pic above, My property line starts about 8 inches towards my Jeep from the utility pole. When she had her Mercades parked in the grass, the "B" pillar of her car was even with the pole.

The pic helped.

If she was on your property, call the cops and get her trespassed from your property.

Call the PD today and request from their records department copies of how many times she has called the police in reference to you.  They will be able to make copies of the calls for service even if a police report wasn't done, which none should have given the events you've described.

Take those and your cell phone pic and go get an order of protection against her ASAP.

Dont fuck around with this shit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Get a restraining order today!!!  CYA man.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The pic helped.

If she was on your property, call the cops and get her trespassed from your property.

Call the PD today and request from their records department copies of how many times she has called the police in reference to you. They will be able to make copies of the calls for service even if a police report wasn't done, which none should have given the events you've described.

Take those and your cell phone pic and go get an order of protection against her ASAP.

+1.

Very smart of you to grab your cell and take those pics. Bravo.

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The pic helped.

Call the PD today and request from their records department copies of how many times she has called the police in reference to you.  They will be able to make copies of the calls for service even if a police report wasn't done, which none should have given the events you've described.

This

Also, who's the person standing next to her?
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
file a harassment complaint- documentation will be best.

Get a restraining order, do it first.

Yep.  Get one before she does.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I recommend a security camera to film her activties.

It is one thing to claim you did something, but for the police if you can provide electronic proof that you were in your home and did not walk to her yard it will discredit her.

Max

That sounds like a good idea.

Damn, I have a couple of irritating neighbors but compared to some of the stories I read here they are saints.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top