Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2002 7:40:01 PM EDT
I'm thinking about taking a job in Tacoma Wash. and thought I'd get some advice.  Since I couldn't find anyone better I guess It's down to you guys [BD]

So I can keep my hi-caps right?  But what about places to shoot and gun shops?

Scott
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have to give my standard - Welcome to Washington; Now go home.

P.S. You can keep your mags.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Plenty of places to bust some caps in Tacoma!  Just ask for directions to the Hilltop Shooting Gallery. [}:D]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Plenty of places to bust some caps in Tacoma!  Just ask for directions to the Hilltop Shooting Gallery. [}:D]
View Quote

That's just plain mean!
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Tacoma, to a large degree is a dump. Try to live in a town outside of Tacoma itself.

Bullseye Shooters Supply & Range is probably the best gun shop in that town. There are some decent places to live near by, and rent is reasonable. Personally though, I'd never want to live IN Tacoma. The upside is that there's a ton of outdoors life going on, when the 9 month monsoon season isn't soaking the place. Woods and mountains everywhere. When the weather is good, the place is beautiful.

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The upside is that there's a ton of outdoors life going on, when the 9 month monsoon season isn't soaking the place.

View Quote

Yup just looked outside, its raining w/ just a touch of snow.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=87601&page=1[/url]

you might want to read this
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Washington is a great State, it's just got too many people and the liberal politics suck...

As for the magazines---you'll have to give them to me. [;D]

Good Luck on the house hunt.  Stay out of Tacoma proper.
Welcome to Washington.  Now go home... [:D]
Hey, somebody said that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't go to Washington if you need to have sunny days.  I lived there fore 2 years, my whole family would have to load up on weekends and drive for hours just so ma could see sunshine.  Now I Don't realy care what the weather does, and wonder why everyone is down sometimes, they miss the sunshine.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Having been born and raised in Seattle, I always thought it was perfectly normal for 50% of the population to fall into a deep depression and consider suicide every November.
[;)]

Seriously though, the rainy season sure makes you appreciate the beauty of the area when summer comes.

Cheers,
Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top