Posted: 1/27/2002 5:36:41 PM EDT
Discussed at: [url]http://www.ccfa.com/counterp.htm
[/url]

The system works via 3 basic modifications:
1) Adding weight to the carrier.
2) Increasing recoil spring force.
3) Reducing buffer spring recoil force.
4) Increasing extractor spring force.

Also mentioned is Sullivan's work on an auto-regulating gas tube.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought the Counterpoise system about 2 years ago. Installed it in my Bushmaster Car-16. The gas port modification was done by GG&G,(Bushmaster heavy barrel) when the were installing my front flip sight. The counter weight in the boltcarrier and the buffer and buffer spring replacements were an easy 3min installation. The D-fender(extractor ring) install took about a minute more.
The system works on the premise of slowing the felt recoil spike and making the rifle more controllable during rapid/automatic fire. I chose the system after speaking to Mack Gwinn at length about the Counterpoise and benefits to its usage. I found that when combined with the Knight's vertical front grip it is even more effective.
The upper receiver I had it installed on has recently reached the 800rd mark with no malfunctions, and the accuracy is still fantastic. I am logging each round and will post when it reaches the 2000rd mark (a true test of durability).
As for the regulated gas tube I got one later also from Mack , but since the Knight's Rail was installed already I never got a chance to use it. The homepage of both items is WWW.ARMFORTE.COM.

JerrY
Edited to fix spelling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top