Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2002 11:09:44 AM EDT
Hello,
  Some of you me remember a short while back I posted a topic about me going back to school...

Well for my Eng101 class we were given a list of topics we could write a paper about, one of those happened to be " Which, if any, freedom are you willing to give up? Why? "

So we all know what I will be doing my first paper on....[:D]

I remember someone talkign about a debate between The US and Russia about us becoming comunist or them becoming a democracy... could someone tell me when, where and who was involved with that...

Thanks..
Bob
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#1]
The "kitchen" debate. Nixon and Kruschev, back when he was VP.

[url]http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cold.war/episodes/14/documents/debate/[/url]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Nikita: "We will bury you!!!"

American guy:  "Yawnnnn..."
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#3]
NUMBER: 192
AUTHOR: Nikita S Khrushchev, Soviet Premier
QUOTATION: I once said, “We will bury you,” and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top