BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2002 2:07:49 AM EDT
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/default.asp?cp1=1[/url]

Just off the wire!

Explosion in Jerusalem.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:03:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, Sir, Yasser is gonna be checking into a facility very soon now 'for his nerves.'

If he can get past the Israeli tanks.

The Jerusalem Chief of Police suffered a heart attack while leading the rescue effort of the civilian casualties.

Soon there will be barriers to prevent such easy entrance into Jerusalem and Israel.

And I'm just as certain that there will be an international outcry when that happens!

Eric The(PrayForThePeaceOfJerusalem)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:46:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes, Sir, Yasser is gonna be checking into a facility very soon now 'for his nerves.'

If he can get past the Israeli tanks.
View Quote

You know that Yasser has to be crapping his pants right now. Israeli citizens getting killed everyday and the only view he has is the muzzle end of a Israeli tank gun at every  window.

I think he is powerless to stop the terrorist acts at this point. He's let the Hamas and the others get too powerful over the years and now he's screwed. He used them to bolster his own image with the Palestinians and now they will be his downfall.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:01:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Israel was told to negotiate with Arafat because he [b]could[/b] control the terrorists.

Now they are being told to negotiate with Arafat because he [b]cannot[/b] control the terrorists.

How can they help it if they no longer believe that Arafat is relevant to anything in their lives?

Eric The(Don'tKillHim-HeRemindsMeTooMuchOfRingoStarr!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 6:00:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Whaddya mean Palastine?  There is no Palastine!

It can be called the PA, but there ain't no stinkin' Palastine!

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 6:17:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Right on, Flag Waver!  There is only Israel and a bunch of terrorists surrounding them.  I really think they should just blow Arafat away.  He is, and always was, nothing but a terrorist thug.  Systematic extermination of the terrorists infesting the PA areas is the only solution.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 6:37:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Right on, Flag Waver!  There is only Israel and a bunch of terrorists surrounding them.  I really think they should just blow Arafat away.  He is, and always was, nothing but a terrorist thug.  Systematic extermination of the terrorists infesting the PA areas is the only solution.
View Quote

At last!!  Somebody I can agree with!
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#7]
From Ha'aretz of today.

[b]Female suicide bomber kills one, wounds over 100 in J'lem [/b]
[i]By Baruch Kra and Haim Shadmi, Ha'aretz Correspondents, and Ha'aretz Service and agencies.[/i]

Hezbollah's television station Al Manar has identified the suicide bomber who killed at least one Israeli and wounded more than 100 people in downtown Jerusalem Sunday afternoon as a female student from Nablus.

The dead Israeli was identified as 81-year-old Pinchus Toktaly. He will be laid to rest in Jerusalem Monday at 3 P.M.

This was first suicide attack carried out by a woman. She studied at the A-Najach University in Nablus, defined as a "hothouse for suicide bomber" by the Shin Bet security services. At least six of the 120 suicide bombers who have carried out attacks against Israeli targets were students at the university, which is also considered a Hamas stronghold.

No group took immediate responsibility for the blast, and Hamas leader in Gaza, Mahmoud Al Zahar, refused to say whether his organization was behind the bombing, saying only that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon "destroys homes and kills innocent people, and then the Palestinians come and carry out suicide bombing attacks into Israel".

Of the wounded, two were in serious condition, four sustained moderate wounds and the rest light injuries.

The wounded were taken to Bikur Holim Hospital and Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem and to Hadassah University Hospital, Ein Karem.

Jerusalem police chief Mickey Levy said that there were police officers among the injured.

Levy himself was hospitalized not long after the bombing, complaining of chest pains. He suffered a major heart attack upon arrival at Bikur Holim Hospital and is in serious condition.

This is the second attack in less than one week in the same area. Two Israelis were killed and dozens wounded when a Palestinian opened fire at the lower end of Jaffa Street last week.

Aharoniski, Olmert urge Israelis to stand firm
Israel Police Chief Shlomo Aharonishki said that he appreciated the fear that Israelis, and Jerusalem residents in particular, were feeling, but urged them to "be strong."

"I say to Israel and the residents of Jerusalem I understand the fear and the stress that we are facing, but we have to understand the reality we live in," he said. "We have to be strong, we have to be alert and have to keep going about our daily routine because that's the best way to fight terrorism."

Jerusalem Mayor Ehud Olmert also urged the city's residents to courageous in the face of what he referred to as a ongoing war.

"We are in the midst of a war which will not end in the next few days; it will unfortunately cost many victims," he said. "We have to deal with it with courage, not be deterred and do all that is possible to make the suffering are little as possible. I am counting on our citizens to know how to deal with this pain, with courage and with as much restraint as possible."

The Palestinian Authority quickly condemned the attack. "The Palestinian leadership strongly condemns the suicide attack against Israeli civilians in Jerusalem," said a statement by the PA leadership. It also called for the return of U.S. Middle East envoy Anthony Zinni "to resume the trilateral security coordination and negotiations without delay."

[i]continue[/i]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#8]
The PA statement also called on Israel to end its restrictions on the Palestinian population and its leadership.

"The leadership also calls on the Israeli government to immediately lift the siege imposed on the Palestinian people and their leadership in order to enable the Palestinian leadership to carry out its national and security duties," the statement said.

However, sources at the Prime Minister's Office said that PA Chairman Yasser Arafat had direct responsibility for the attack, and warned that the bombing would have repercussions.

"Arafat is encouraging terrorism, he's sending [bombers] to Jerusalem," said Sharon aide Ra'anan Gissin. "We will continue to systematically dismantle the terrorist infrastructure," he added.

Sunday's blast took place some 20 meters from the Sbarro restaurant where 15 people were killed by a suicide bomber in an attack last year.

----------------

I remember that someone was telling me that Palestinians are peace willing people and the only ones to use "state terrorrism" were Israelis... REALLY?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top