Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/26/2002 2:00:07 PM EDT
Does your nearest WalMart display or stock handguns for sale? Do you have to order one from a catalog at the gun desk?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 2:03:51 PM EDT
Not in Michigan.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 2:03:53 PM EDT
They used to here, still do in some places. I heard from a friend that is the manager of the department here that they might bring them back chain wide soon due to the numbers ordered from their books.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 2:04:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 2:04:33 PM EDT
I have yet to see any in IL that sell handguns. At least the 6 by me don't. Av.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 2:06:10 PM EDT
Didn't know the Chinese were exporting any handguns.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 2:38:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER: Didn't know the Chinese were exporting any handguns.
View Quote
You know, that would be funnier if it wasn't so true.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 2:05:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER: Didn't know the Chinese were exporting any handguns.
View Quote
LOL! However, they can export Polytech's to WalMart and I wouldn't complain.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:20:54 AM EDT
WM's in the state of NV don't carry them anymore and we have some of the best gun laws in the nation. 5150BRY and Gunmonkey both worked at WM1648 when they pulled handguns. WM's excuse was that there was not enough demand for them. The truth is WM+DNC=no guns. You cannot even order handgun assecories anymore.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:56:23 AM EDT
Used to be able to order them in IL, but they quit a few years ago.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:01:18 AM EDT
I know that none of the ones I've ever been to in Texas has had handguns. Whether they will order them for you or not, I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:05:50 AM EDT
I don't know what happened to the place. Does anyone remember Wallyworld saying that they were "planing to start taking orders any rifle or handgun" a few years ago? The second AR that *I* bought came from the Tupelo, MS Walmart. They were already called AR15s, but it was just an old slab-sided Colt with the hammer ground, rivet in the selector hole, & "civilian trigger group" (M-16 carrier though). It sat around so long that the manager sold it to me for $325 -- no one was interested in it! Of course this was around 1973, when we still could be "trusted" with such things.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:08:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1: Of course this was around 1973, when we still could be "trusted" with such things.
View Quote
Yep, three years before I was born. Why do I always miss out on the good stuff!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:15:53 AM EDT
Hell yes they sell them. You HAVE to order them and pay 1/2 up front. Hell, they will do layaway for 90 days. You go to the gun section and say "Let me see your Lipsey catalog" and go at it. Lipsey is their vendor. I live in Dallas and all around me will do it. Mesq. Dallas, rockwall, fortworth, denton, decatur arlington. Watch out though, some employees are ignorant about that so you sometimes need a manager. GG
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:20:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2002 10:21:36 AM EDT by nightstalker]
How does WM and the DNC get so chummy when we all know the Unions don't fit in this picture. Love to hear the spin on this one, your head would feel like it's at an exorcism. [;)]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:21:00 AM EDT
Ponyboy: Why do I always miss out on the good stuff!!
View Quote
You didn't miss much, it didn't seem like a big deal then. You DO remember when every K-Mart (that wasn't TOO close to "the city") had display cases full of handguns? And today they're going bankrupt,,,, NOW THAT'S PHUCKING FUNNY!!! [:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:27:30 AM EDT
I have never seen any handguns at the Walmarts here in Virginia only shotguns and rifles. Today I went shooting sporting clays and one of my shooting buddies showed up with a Remington 1100 in 20 guage with a walnut stock...got it from Walmart for $200 [shock]. I'm gonna go get one...
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 2:53:01 PM EDT
Wally World only sells handguns in TN via catalog only. Of course if you want to hold one & feel its balance, you're SOL. Some WW's no longer sell firearms or ammo. I think I read of a couple in Mass or Maryland (go figure).
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:12:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BobCole: Some WW's no longer sell firearms or ammo. I think I read of a couple in Mass or Maryland (go figure).
View Quote
The two WWs I am familiar with here in the MA-SSR are in Hudson MA and Northborough MA. Both have sporting goods sections that are well-stocked, and sell shotguns, rifles, inline muzzle-loaders, all ammo for pistols, rifles, and shotguns, but no pistols are on display. I have not asked about buying pistols, as the IDIOTS behind the sporting goods counter -when they even bother to show up at it- are generally clueless or exhibit a major 'tude to anybody who wants to buy gun items. I'd sooner take my business to the little guy up (not down) the road from WW... I think I'll go into a WW tom'w and ask them if they sell the "sideways-shooting Glocks with the HomeBoyNyTeSyTes", just to rattle their cages...[:D]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:17:35 PM EDT
At the Walmart near me you can special order through a catalog they have at the sporting goods service desk [grenade]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:20:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:55:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KBaker:
View Quote
You know, that would be funnier if it wasn't so true.
View Quote
It's funny [i]because[/i] it's true.
Top Top