Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/26/2002 1:43:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2002 2:17:35 PM EDT by Beachboy]
What are your thoughts about a patron saint for handgunners? Do you feel it would be helpful or harmful to have a historical religious figure associated with the ownership, use and carry of handguns? Other thoughts? [url]http://www.possentisociety.com/[/url] edited to add link
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 1:48:24 PM EDT
Oh Yaweh! Another religious thread?!?!?!?[soapbox][argue]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:42:13 PM EDT
Man saves village with handgun and lizard. Sounds like a much more positive role model for handgun owners than the average Hollywood fare. Count me in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 11:11:27 PM EDT
I think we also need a few automotive-related saints. Here are a few potential candidates: 1. Saint Octane: The patron saint of acceleration (Common prayer heard on freeway entrance ramps: "Saint Octane, don't fail us now!") 2. Saint Freon: The patron saint of refrigeration (very popular in the South!) 3. Saint Saganaw: The patron saint of good handling. 4. Saint Trico: The patron saint of good poor-weather visability. 5. Saint Lucas: The patron saint of unreliable foreign car electrical systems.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:29:39 AM EDT
As I understand it there are already many patron saints of various occupations / vocations. I found the thought of a patron saint for handgunners interesting. I wondered what the perception of others would be. Oh, I'm not Catholic BTW.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:37:55 AM EDT
I thought Lucas was already the "Prince of Darkness." Why do the Brit's like warm beer? They have Lucas refrigerators.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:39:01 AM EDT
Let's just say that we all 'worship' at St. Possenti's shrine every time we go to a gun show! Eric The(Relapsed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 2:42:55 PM EDT
Personally, I have no problem with it. The thought of a plastic Saint statue on my dash with a lizard and a pistol cracks me up. Not to mention how the telling of some poor ignorant soul about it would make my day![}:D]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:11:23 PM EDT
heck yea !!!!!! im all for it thats one dash board icon that should be a must have for any dyciple of the gun. You could then tell an anti. "I will pray to St. Gabriel Possenti that you may someday understand". Hey i could have a St. Gabriel Possenti mural painted on my tailgate . just like the gansta's do on their low riders [;)] COUNT ME IN for a yes vote
Top Top