Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2002 7:13:19 AM EDT
I spent a good time yesterday and last night  attempting to determine if Walker still was an American citizen.

From everything I can gather Johnny Walker remains an American citizen and as such is entitled to full protection under the constitution.

This guy 'may' Walk ??

[X]

Edited to add - the good old 'conspiracy' charges will probably stick.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#1]
yep he may 'walk', but I wonder how far?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Big deal.

The guy's life aint worth a boot full of piss wheather he goes to jail or not.

Link Posted: 1/26/2002 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Big deal.

View Quote

Agree, but sadly he's probably going to be able to sell his "story" for a book or movie deal and make a sh!tload of bucks
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Big deal.

The guy's life aint worth a boot full of piss whether he goes to jail or not.

View Quote

Agree, but sadly he's probably going to be able to sell his "story" for a book or movie deal and make a sh!tload of bucks
View Quote

Former squid,
Actually I hadn't thought of that angle but unfortunately you're right.
Johnny Boy will get a book 'AND' movie deal.

[X]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Big deal.

The guy's life aint worth a boot full of piss whether he goes to jail or not.

View Quote

View Quote

Former squid,
Actually I hadn't thought of that angle but unfortunately you're right.
Johnny Boy will get a book 'AND' movie deal.

[X]
View Quote

If he lives that long. If I were him, I'd find the quickest damn way out of this country. But then again if I were him, we wouldnt have this problem.

Jumpin Johnny Jihad is one of the dumbest f@#4ing people on the planet.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#6]
In the interest of protecting his civil rights, I hope he is allowed to go free so that  he may be treated to some American hospitality.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Walker and Enron get my vote for being the two most unimportant stories of the day.  They're just distractions so the American people forget that the "war" is not achieving any of its original goals.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Walker and Enron get my vote for being the two most unimportant stories of the day.  They're just distractions so the American people forget that the "war" is not achieving any of its original goals.
View Quote

trickshot,
forgetting Enron and Walker for the moment which original war goals are we not achieving ?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Big deal.

View Quote

g.hound,
in jail I believe you're correct - Walker would be killed.  I'm not trying to be funny here but prisoners do tend to be patriotic.

If Walker walks ??
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Simply because he 'may' not have renounced his American citizenship, that does not mean that he is free to take part in a criminal conspiracy to kill American military and government personnel.

Let me try to remember, did the Branch Davidians renounce their American citizenship?

No, but yet they were tried for basically the same thing!

And you don't have to prove that 'Jihad' Johnny pulled a trigger, just that he was part of the conspiracy of others who did!

I firmly believe that his confession will be upheld by the Courts.

Even in the unlikely event that they're not, he still made more than enough incriminating statements to the press, which will be used against him in all likelihood.

Eric The(EvenMoreIncensed'CauseHe'sAnAmerican)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#11]

* HOW TO LOSE CITIZENSHIP: It's almost impossible to lose U.S. citizenship without renouncing it in writing, and even then
      Uncle Sam may refuse. Only 612 people either renounced their citizenship or had it taken away in 1996, according to the INS. The
      number of people who have lost their citizenship during the 1990s has been only about a third as large as the number during the
      Vietnam War, when many young men renounced their citizenship to avoid the draft.

The list of crimes he can be accused of goes up considerably when viewed in light of his citizenship.  If he were not a citizen he would be in Cuba at worst and would likely be released after questioning.  His role, as much as can be assumed was as a foot soldier in armed conflicts withing Afghanistan.  He was not leadership in Taliban or Al-quaeda.  His knowledge of terrorist actions seem to be after the fact.

Should have just left him in Afghanistan.  He is just a red herring the Dems and bed-wetters will agonize over.  It's hard to stress how unimportant he really is but we have chosen the correct path of justice and hopefully the "rocket docket" court in VA will expedite the matter.  He is a pimple on an elephant's ass.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#12]
As I've continuously said since it happened - why take the POS out of Afghanistan in the first place?

The State Department could just have referred all questions to the new Afghan government and indicated that it will be 'up to his captors to establish his true identity.'

That way the Walker and Lindh family would be spending all of their money traveling to Kabul instead of paying for well-heeled lawyers!

'Oops, better hurry Mom and Dad, I'm supposed to make an appearance at the soccer stadium next week and they've already told me no soccer games are schduled anytime soon!' - Your Traitorous Son, 'Jihad' Johnny

Eric The(PlayBall!)Hun[>]:)]  
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#13]
This guy is pretty acerbic.

Family Trouble
     The mediaÕs big gay secret.
     [url]www.nationalreview.com/goldberg/goldberg012502.shtml [/url]
     January 25, 2002 4:50 p.m.

Long-time readers of this column may recall that I'm a big believer in the "looking for trouble" school of justice (See, Restoring the
     Hidden Law, for example). If you climb over a zoo fence in order to see if it bothers a polar bear when you kick him in the gizatz, I
     won't feel particularly sorry for you when he uses you as a loofah.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

trickshot,
forgetting Enron and Walker for the moment which original war goals are we not achieving ?
View Quote
Have you ever noticed that trickshot never answers when someone questions him about his statements?  Lots of criticism from him, but no answers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#15]
OK here is a thought? What if the survivors of the WTC, sued him for his part? That his meeting with OBL and being involved with Al Queada, caused them losses?
Sort of the OJ civil suit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Who cares, the boy is a dead man walking in or out of jail. His days are numbered no matter where he is.

[beer]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#17]
If anyone saw the Fox News Channel the other night (Wed?), their retired SF expert with the goatee, Major Bob Bellacquva(sp?), stated," Why did they bother taking him alive? That problem could`ve been solved with a full magazine and good sight alignment." I nearly laughed myself silly. Even Laurie Dhue, the anchor, said to the liberal defense attorney present, " He`s basically toast isn`t he?" Is that great TV or what?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

trickshot,
View Quote
Have you ever noticed that trickshot never answers when someone questions him about his statements?  Lots of criticism from him, but no answers.
View Quote

No I had not.  But I'm beginning to get the idea now.
[:D]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OK here is a thought? What if the survivors of the WTC, sued him for his part? That his meeting with OBL and being involved with Al Queada, caused them losses?
Sort of the OJ civil suit.
View Quote

As you point out the criminal court jury let him walk but he was nailed solid in the the civil trial.  (For one thing the rules of evidence being different.)

If so, I hope the book and movie deal bring in lots of money for the victims families.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
... that does not mean that he is free to take part in a criminal conspiracy to kill American military and government personnel.

Eric The(EvenMoreIncensed'CauseHe'sAnAmerican)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

E.T. Hun, I went back and added "probably conspiracy will stick" to my post after a little thought.

No matter what I may think of the conspiracy laws (and I don't think much) maybe this time the conspiracy laws will prove useful - to America.

(There have been several posts of late about Johnny Boy but I have been hesitant to respond until I could determine whether J. B. was still an American citizen if not an American.)
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Face it the phuker is going to be RICH. Mega million bucks of tax payer money spent to prosicute the lil pecker head and millions paid to him for the book and movie rights! Corse that won't be comforting to him when he becomes some gorillas bitch inside.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Who cares, the boy is a dead man walking in or out of jail. His days are numbered no matter where he is.

[beer]
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would be surprised if is confession does not end up in court. Apparently he knew of that there was some kind of planned suicide attack back in June. Also the televisions interviews are certainly coming into evidence. That doesn't look good for Johnny. Once in jail, not only does he have to worry about patriotic criminals, but also some inmates would kill him just for the fame of doing it.

If he does get off the hook on the criminal charges I would assume he'd high tail it back to an arab/islamic country hostile to the US as he probably would not last long here, or have much of a life if he did leave. (Gee Mom I only got my ass kicked 42 times on the way to Blockbuster and back this time. I think people are starting to warm up to me!) Unfortunately there are parts of the world where being seen as a traitor to the US is favorable.

Don't most states have laws that prohibit profiting from book movie rights if you are convicted of a crime? Also I suppose you could make some kind of claim that he was involved in a conspiracy that could result in some civil judgments against him, or at least keep him tied up paying for lawyers to defend lawsuits until the end of time.
View Quote

Aimless,
I believe you are correct in that at least some states have laws addressing convicted criminals profiting from books and movies.

Some one in an earlier reply mentioned the possibility of a civil trial.

The judge in this trial will need the wisdom of Solomon but won't be so gifted.  I'm just not sure what evidence will make it into trial.

Still too many unknowns.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

[beer]
View Quote

We all fit that remark to one degree or another!  I just hope Jihad Johnny's days are a lot fewer in number then ours!
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
His days are numbered no matter where he is.

[beer]
View Quote

We all fit that remark to one degree or another!
View Quote

My favorite optimist is the person who says "Now "IF" I die........!

[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top