Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2002 2:55:05 PM EDT
The left of course.

Article by the Eminent Lew Rockwell:

[url=http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/ustaliban.html]Who's the American Taliban?[/url]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
The "Eminent Lew Rockwell?"  

Hero worship?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I prdfer to think of those Americans  who insist on religion in schools and public policy based on religious priciples to be the American Taliban.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#3]
"Eminent" what?

This from a guy who runs an "insitute" to honor a guy who so clearly states:

"The science of human action that strives for universally valid knowledge is the theoretical system whose hitherto best elaborated branch is economics. In all of its branches this science is a priori, not empirical. Like logic and mathematics, it is not derived from experience; it is prior to experience. It is, as it were, the logic of action and deed."

Oh.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#4]
tcsd1236: You sound just like a Democrat. Haven't you heard? That is how they are going to try to discredit the Republicans.

Dave_G and DScott: Lew Rockwell is one of the most intelligent writers I've read in a long time. Compared to people like Jonah Goldberg, he  outshines them by leaps and bounds. And it is not worship, that is for God and God alone. The Mises Institute, which he runs, is dedicated to liberty and freedom, mostly on an economical basis(aka capitalism), but they do support gun rights and liberty in general. Don't slam them, they are on our side.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
libby,

I don't consider you or those of your ilk to be on "our" side.  We merely share an opinion on the issue of the 2nd Amendment.  Other than that, I consider you a selfish, immature, little child not worthy of respect.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Dave, sorry to hear that. But I'm not really concerned what you think. You are a tool for statism. You only care about power and not liberty. I highly doubt you really believe in the 2nd amendment that much, because it goes against everything else you believe.
I stand for liberty. What do you stand for? Your postings clearly indicate you give lip service to liberty but really believe in the almighty government. You do the cause of liberty harm. You and your kind should be ignored for the bad and harmful information you spread. You do a great dishonor to the men who fought bravely to bring this country into fruition. Shame on you.
Death to Tyrants and their soldiers! Liberty For All and Forever!
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 12:16:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Libby, young child;  I'm one of those who stood up and took an oath to support and defend this country and the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foriegn and domestic, and did so, in one capacity or another for 15 years.  I did not hide behind anyone's coat tails while parroting someone else's ill-conceived, moronic nonsensical political rhetoric.

What exactly have you done to actively defend this country and guarantee the enduring freedom it represents?    
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#8]
You seem to be ignoring that oath by supporting actions that violate it.
What have I done? I have done my best to defend liberty and the Constitution by spreading information and truth. I don't need to go into the military to do that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dave, sorry to hear that. But I'm not really concerned what you think. You are a tool for statism. You only care about power and not liberty. I highly doubt you really believe in the 2nd amendment that much, because it goes against everything else you believe.
I stand for liberty. What do you stand for? Your postings clearly indicate you give lip service to liberty but really believe in the almighty government. You do the cause of liberty harm. You and your kind should be ignored for the bad and harmful information you spread. You do a great dishonor to the men who fought bravely to bring this country into fruition. Shame on you.
Death to Tyrants and their soldiers! Liberty For All and Forever!
View Quote
You stand for ignorance and anarchism.  It's clear that you don't believe that there should be any government of any kind.  Dave_G and I are among those who served our country.  You say death to Tyrants and their soldiers.  Do you mean death to all that ever served, including Dave and I?  Are you threatening us?  The ones who fought to bring this country into fruition were soldiers, so do you mean death to them?  I can't figure out who you mean by the Tyrant.  Is our elected President a Tyrant?  In the case of the previous one, I might agree, but not this one.  It has been asked of you many times before after your critism of our retaliation for 9/11, what would you have us do about it, but you never answer.  You just spout left wing anarchist slogans and never answer the question.

What have I done? I have done my best to defend liberty and the Constitution by spreading information and truth. I don't need to go into the military to do that.
View Quote
 This is laughable.  You are one who apparently believes we need no military, one who doesn't realize the international consequences of us being without one.  Of course, to an anarchist, those consequences are exactly what they want.  You aren't spreading anything but anarchism.  Who says that what you say is the truth?  Lew Rockwell?  Again, laughable.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Talk is cheap, little libby.  Advocating a political position that, if followed would lead to the ultimate distruction of this nation is hardly defending it.  Words do mean things, but action carries more weight.

Face it libby, you are a whining, CS little boy pretending to be a man.  Grow some back bone, open your eyes and learn that this country, imperfect as it is, is the best thing going in this world.  Changing it to the image your anarchist heros want would actually end liberty as we know it now and as it has existed since this nation was established.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You stand for ignorance and anarchism.  It's clear that you don't believe that there should be any government of any kind.
View Quote

I stand for neither. I am not ignorant, nor do I think anarchism would work. I support a SMALL, LIMITED government.
Dave_G and I are among those who served our country.  You say death to Tyrants and their soldiers.  Do you mean death to all that ever served, including Dave and I?  Are you threatening us?  The ones who fought to bring this country into fruition were soldiers, so do you mean death to them?
View Quote

Apparently you missed the world "their", aka soldiers who fight for tyrants. An example would be the British Soldiers in the Revolution.
I can't figure out who you mean by the Tyrant.  Is our elected President a Tyrant?  In the case of the previous one, I might agree, but not this one.
View Quote

I don't mean THE tyrant, but any and all tyrants. And I certainly don't consider our president a tyrant.
It has been asked of you many times before after your critism of our retaliation for 9/11, what would you have us do about it, but you never answer.  You just spout left wing anarchist slogans and never answer the question.
View Quote

I have said what I would do many times, you just missed it and called me anti-semitic w/o cause. What should we have done in response to 9/11? Well, we should have sent in special forces after bin Laden, and also issued Letters of Marque and Reprisals to any who would be willing to go after any terrorists involved in 9/11.

This is laughable.  You are one who apparently believes we need no military, one who doesn't realize the international consequences of us being without one.  
View Quote

I believe in a SMALL standing army backed up by a massive militia.
Of course, to an anarchist, those consequences are exactly what they want.  You aren't spreading anything but anarchism.  Who says that what you say is the truth?  Lew Rockwell?  Again, laughable.
View Quote

Again, I do not advocate anarchism. And who says what you believe is not ignorant and the truth?
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Talk is cheap, little libby.  Advocating a political position that, if followed would lead to the ultimate distruction of this nation is hardly defending it.  Words do mean things, but action carries more weight.
View Quote

The position I advocate would not lead to the destruction of this country, but you position would and is.

Face it libby, you are a whining, CS little boy pretending to be a man.  Grow some back bone, open your eyes and learn that this country, imperfect as it is, is the best thing going in this world.  Changing it to the image your anarchist heros want would actually end liberty as we know it now and as it has existed since this nation was established.
View Quote

Personal attacks do nothing to bolster you position.
As for my back bone, it seems pretty strong given that I am surviving and thriving under some pretty strong attacks by you and others.
I do believe this country is the best thing out their right now. But it is not the best thing that could be. It could be much, much better.
Again, my position is not anarchist, but consistent with the ideals of liberty and the Founders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top