Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2001 6:23:03 AM EDT
Any suggestions on how to make ballistic gelatin? Or perhaps a similar gelatin type object to capture a deformed bullet for realistic results in my next test (Over-Penatration...Part 2) ?

[b]Serious suggestions only please.[/b]

Link Posted: 3/15/2001 7:09:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Knox makes the jello everybody shoots...
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive got a recipie ifyou want it, I cant post it here because it has too many charectors. Email me and Ill sendit your way
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Why?  Seriously?

Do you think it will be cheaper than meat?
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Martin L. Fackler, MD

Came up with the recipe for ballistic gelatin. Go check out the site below.

Dr. Fackler distributes a journal on wound ballistics and although membership is spendy he does know his stuff.

http://www.firearmstactical.com/wound.htm

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Try shooting into water..most bullets will be stopped by 3-4' of it. Of course if you dont' do it correctly they will ricochet away at a nice 17 degree angle.

I have tested a few bullets by shooting thru a piece of 1x4 pine sitting 2-3" in front of a gallon jug of water, and backed up by a 2 foot thick box of chopped up wet mulch material. Make sure you have a dirt berm behind the box to stop any that pass thru. Sometimes they DO. Messy too! easier  to buy a professional video, IMHO.  I can assure you that a std 9mm ball round will shoot thru ~ 2' of dry cotton towels..do not ask how I know!
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#6]
One cup hot water, one cup Ice cold rum, mix, puor into small cups, let stand in fridge.  You can shoot them all day...

BISHOP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top